Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 08:48 PM
1Sikstik
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I haven't really lost interest but my spare chunk of change went to buy another home so the C8 is out for a while which is probably for the best since I would never buy a first model year of this change for corvette. Not willing to trade my ZR1 although I guess I can't say never without seeing the C8 without the camo
Old 03-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

I'm just tired of reading forums everyday. GM has NO loyalty to Corvette owners. They use every situation to make money off of Corvette owners. Who else would raise the fees at a museum so they could show a hole in the ground.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:24 PM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by 84 4+3
If I were a betting man, those CAD drawings were released intentionally. No sane human being would risk their job on something as silly as a post count. Especially considering how easy it would be for them to track who did it. That's just my opinion anyway. Not a controlled leak in that sense but just adding fuel to the fire I suppose is a better way to describe it.
Considering the private messages I received from ZERV, the user who leaked the CADs, I would say that it was not a GM-planned leak.

Also keep in mind that any information that competitors have about your your future product will give them an advantage, so GM wouldn’t want those CADs out there in the first place.
The following users liked this post:
sunsalem (03-08-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 11:39 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by blk05coupe
Since I wasn't a fan of the C7 I started considering a R8, Gallardo and 911 but put those plans on hold when the ME rumors began. It's now been a couple years and all we have is cars running around in camo, not even confirmation from GM that the car exists let alone an unveiling or launch date. Spring is around the corner and as much as I love my C6 I've had it for 13 years (longest ever) I have a need for change and its looking like it may not end up being another corvette. Anyone else going through the same decision process.
regards
mike
I would just get something used that is nice to hold you over for a couple years. the first year c8 is nothing I would want to own, unless you have a good lemon law attorney ready to attack Problem is, when GM puts out their TSB, that is a major prohibiting factor to lemon law cases, as then GM can argue your car is not a lemon, it is a recall affecting all cars, and a fix is coming (even if one is not)

So the overheat issue on the c7. Ive heard of some people successfully lemon'ing the car for that, but that was early on. I think at this stage in the game, it would be very difficult to pull off a lemon law on a c7 due to overheating limp modes.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:40 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

and the c7z is a great car. Get it and it will grow on you. I hated the look at too at first. But once you appreciate how something behaves, you learn to love what it looks like.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:18 AM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
and the c7z is a great car. Get it and it will grow on you. I hated the look at too at first. But once you appreciate how something behaves, you learn to love what it looks like.
Seriously? It will grow on you? You learn to love what it looks like? When I pay Corvette dollars, I need to love the car before I buy. That is why I did not buy a C7. It’s a great car, I just don’t like it enough, especially the styling. I’m hoping the C8 is a different story. A love a first sight story..
Mikec7z (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 01:23 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Red67John
Seriously? It will grow on you? You learn to love what it looks like? When I pay Corvette dollars, I need to love the car before I buy. That is why I did not buy a C7. It’s a great car, I just don’t like it enough, especially the styling. I’m hoping the C8 is a different story. A love a first sight story..
Nobody could express my own thoughts any more accurately than that. Very well said!
Old 03-08-2019, 03:31 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetals

Try not to gag on those sour grapes.
No sour grapes here.
I had heard the NSX could be had at discounted prices, not that it was a bad car in any way.

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson
Who else would raise the fees at a museum so they could show a hole in the ground.
Well played.

The problem is, IMO, a LOT has changed in the automotive world since this ME project began.
Whatever the C8 eventually becomes, it will show the design changes and compromises GM had to make along the way.
They didn't get it out soon enough to capture the imagination, the market where it would really take off.
So many management and money problems came to bear on General Motors during the last 10 years.
IF it becomes a hit, the size of the miracle will not be small.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:38 AM
C7nut
Pro

Received 337 Likes on 190 Posts

No interest lost here in the car. What I'm bored with are the daily mule video's that show nothing new.. . Love the renderings but until the camo changes I've lost all interest in viewing more of them.

Last edited by C7nut; 03-08-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:14 AM
84 4+3
Le Mans Master

Received 1,373 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinten33
Considering the private messages I received from ZERV, the user who leaked the CADs, I would say that it was not a GM-planned leak.

Also keep in mind that any information that competitors have about your your future product will give them an advantage, so GM wouldn’t want those CADs out there in the first place.
Yea, but those competitors know just as much about the thing as we do. For all we know still it might not even be the vette. (I doubt it, but I also doubt that's a base model vehicle we saw in those drawings... probably the middle of the road guy imo) Again, if it were a problem, you would think more would have been heard about it from GM. Nothing was filed and or said about it so who knows. We have no clue who zerv is or was but a quick IP check could either be surprising or just show that it was in fact some guy. The beauty is that we'll never know... unless those same shots mysteriously appear in a GM brochure on the car when it comes out.

Basically this is half the fun.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Red67John
Is there a car in today’s market that you love? Why not look for a used version of that vehicle with the plan that it’s already had a depreciation hit and your resale losses will be reduced when you choose to move on to another ‘love’ when the time comes...
...Voice to self, “Stop there, you’re sounding like ‘Captain Obvious’.”

Last edited by Vernon; 03-08-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:58 AM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernon
Is there a car in today’s market that you love? Why not look for a used version of that vehicle with the plan that it’s already had a depreciation hit and your resale losses will be reduced when you choose to move on to another ‘love’ when the time comes.
That does make sense, but I actually lovet the cars I own now, just always forward to the new one.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:41 AM
2vettefamily
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 62 Posts

Couldn't care less. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my 2019 Stingray...!
JerriVette (03-10-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 10:51 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by capevettes
Well, I must admit to a little frustration, but I've seen enough and know enough to say, definitively, that this is a car worth waiting for. Not going to buy something else instead of the C8. I will enjoy driving the cars I have and look forward to the inevitable release of this revolutionary Corvette.
x3 you either want one or ya dont....Ill never be able to afford one but if I could...and as said they are STILL cramped, no way.
There are cars a LOT smaller that have lots more room. They are shooting themselves in the foot w/sales in that aspect
Old 03-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,435 Likes on 779 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Since I don't buy first year cars, I can wait. My 2006 C6 and 2017 C7Z keep me entertained for now. If for some reason the C8 does not appeal to me or is way overpriced, there are plenty of other options.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:04 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I'm just tired of reading forums everyday. GM has NO loyalty to Corvette owners. They use every situation to make money off of Corvette owners. Who else would raise the fees at a museum so they could show a hole in the ground.
You do realize GM does not run the Museum or have a financial interest in it? The Assembly Plant is another story. As for GM's loyalty to their customers: They aren't in business to lose money. Over the years they have delivered more bang for the buck than any other sports car IMO. The Corvette team does listen and meet with loyal customers. I like the Corvette management team right now. They seem to get it.
The following 4 users liked this post by capevettes:
BEAR-AvHistory (03-08-2019), Red67John (03-08-2019), scmgoblue (03-09-2019), WesC7 (03-09-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 04:21 PM
CorvettoBrando
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by blk05coupe
Since I wasn't a fan of the C7 I started considering a R8, Gallardo and 911 but put those plans on hold when the ME rumors began. It's now been a couple years and all we have is cars running around in camo, not even confirmation from GM that the car exists let alone an unveiling or launch date. Spring is around the corner and as much as I love my C6 I've had it for 13 years (longest ever) I have a need for change and its looking like it may not end up being another corvette. Anyone else going through the same decision process.
regards
mike
Since I've been following the concept of a mid-engine Corvette for 40 plus years, I haven't lost interest in the slightest. This is by far the closest we've ever come to actually having one available! I don't mind it taking another year or two...

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?

Old 03-08-2019, 07:19 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts

Right.. unreliable like the weather strip being loose, the seat belt not working, little things that make you crazy. ..Consumer's Report rated GM 18,24,26,and 27th and the 2018 Corvette worst than average .I sure hope they get it RIGHT
Old 03-08-2019, 08:18 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,683 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
Nope,I lost interest when GM announced it was shutting plants based purely on greed. No more GM for me.
You do understand GM is a business and not a charity, right?
The following 2 users liked this post by BIG Dave:
Mikec7z (03-09-2019), Red67John (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:14 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

No offense but you don't get it. Porsche has been *** raping their loyal for decades. Yeah, that's right.

Quick Reply: Anyone else losing interest because of the wait?