Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too bad the C8 doesn't have the Jesko transmission...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 07:11 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
If you are talking about the electro magnetic controlled valves, understand, the world went down the "pure electric" path for the past few years... and everyone is coming off this high that pure electric is perfect. Hybrid electric will be the future, no one wants to get stranded or depend on a charging station waiting line to get fuel.

So people will use electric, but having an ICE in the car to charge the batteries will always be the way to go. Now that humanity is a bit more educated and aware of what they want and need in a vehicle, the spotlight comes back to his valves.
Uh, no. Zero Point Energy, though it may really be possible, is widely seen is a scam that violates the laws of physics. The idea that GM is "dumb" because they aren't betting the future on this guy's magic valves is kind of silly in itself. Perhaps it is the world's answer to the fuel crisis and all that, so let's see it work. Build some cars or engines and prove it works. like I said, where's the beef?
The following users liked this post:
Zaro Tundov (03-12-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Uh, no. Zero Point Energy, though it may really be possible, is widely seen is a scam that violates the laws of physics. The idea that GM is "dumb" because they aren't betting the future on this guy's magic valves is kind of silly in itself. Perhaps it is the world's answer to the fuel crisis and all that, so let's see it work. Build some cars or engines and prove it works. like I said, where's the beef?
uhh.... you never specified the first time if it was the valves or the trans that you were comparing to zero point energy, so i went with the guess of "the magic valves"

the "magic valves" have been tested, in real cars, since before 2014 by koenigsegg. And their next car they bring to market will have them apparently. Camshafts and valves arent something you just throw out the window and assume you dont need them anymore without heavy testing of your new valves first. The freevalve technology needs to be thoroughly tested for many miles and many engine hours and many climates and corrosion's, etc... before they release it to the public.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...evalve-engine/

Part of the patent process is to realize "all the backs of the chairs"

lets say you patent the stool. And then you rush to market with the stool. And lets say i patent the back of the chair, which depends on your stool. You can no longer build chairs without my permission, only stools... and I cant build chairs... unless... your stool patent expires OR i prove your stool was invented long ago, assuming you dont want me to have rights to your stool patent. If your stool patent expires or i can prove it was invented long ago, or you are foolish enough to license it to me... then i can build chairs, and you cant. you can only build stools. So sometimes being the inventor of something sucks, and you get boxed out by someone who patents a back of a chair you never thought of.

Koenigsegg does not just rush to market because he has a stool. He figures out all the ways the stool can be utilized to make other inventions.

You can rest assured, when he is talking about an idea to come, not only does it work, but they are working on the other backs of the chairs associated with that stool.

He is not stupid.

Meanwhile there are people like you and everyone else, inventing a ton i see, demanding the other inventors hurry up and keep up with your pace since you are not a hypoctrite

Invention, you should try it sometime. And after you announce something cool, then ill tell you to hurry up.

And since people have seen and ridden in the cars with the valves, and they are based off of normal realistic principles, its nothing like zero point energy.

And yes, i know what zero point energy is, and yes it is possible as soon as a publicly blabbing physicist discovers what the force of gravity... actually is.... instead of calling it a "field". Field is code word for "magic, aka, we don't have a clue" Same goes for what the force of magnetism actual is.

4 families that make up all of physics. Before einstein, none were linked to any others. Einstein linked the top 2. the other bottom 2 remain un-linked to any of the other 3 (according to what you are allowed to learn in school)

Kinetic energy
Atomic physics
Gravity
Electro magnetism.

As soon as either of the last 2 are linked to either of the first 2, then there will be the link to kinetic energy to one of the last 2, and that will mean gravity and or permanent magnets can be harnessed to create kinetic energy on the spot.

And im going to go out on a limb and say they are suppressed, and the oil companies greed are just a layer to the onion to keep you distracted. If everyone has free energy, then they have the ability to gather and store unlimited energy... for free.

That's a problem, don't you think?

Lasers are the ultimate sniper tool. Silent. Not affected by wind or gravity much. Perfectly calibrate to a camera with a scope. They never miss. They never run out of ammo when energy is free. Once war starts, it does not end. Revenge revenge revenge... you killed him and he was my friend, now i kill you... then someone kills me for killing you, etc etc.

And then there are "bombs". Energy is always easier made into a bomb than it is an engine. Nuclear bomb or nuclear power plant. Gasoline bomb or gasoline engine.

Gas can and a match, or a v8... which can you build easier?

Weapon's of massive destruction... you are not allowed to have those either. You are a soldier if you obey a govt... any govt and carry a gun. You are a terrorist... if you have a weapon of mass destruction and dont obey a major team. Terrorist bad. Soldier good. Controlled population control to keep earth running another day, vs uncontrolled destruction without a plan, and life ends as we know it.

Step 1 to eternal life of our species here on planet earth... dont blow everything up. Moses kind of forgot to tell you guys about that one.

Step 2, to eternal life of our species here on planet earth.... dont release the equations to the masses who drink alcohol, which will allow them to blow everything up. Moses forgot to tell you guys about that one too.

Maybe there are some intelligent people on this planet who dont trust you with something worse than a nuke or to sit at home, with no bills, and free electricity, as you tinker with your laser on top of your house that is your american right to security and self defense, as you become the ultimate sniper as you target practice, pretending to defend your property.

So now where are we? Everyone can be the perfect sniper, with no evidence, at any time, no shell casings, no barrel pattern on the bullet, no loud noise to let you know a death just occurred, silently, and no one has to go to work anymore to make ends meet... they can stay home and grow food and purify water with their grow lamps and pumps that pump water through filters... and all the energy is... FREE... and so is the ammo free for the silent sniper weapon i just mentioned, which you are programmed to believe if funny sci fi. "Lasers.. ha! Not a manly weapon, not real i dont think. Or have I just been programmed by people 10x smarter than I have a prayer at ever becoming?"

Einstein said he regretted teaching the masses e=mc2. Tesla told einstein he had discovered the master equation that links all 4 families.

I believe I know how gravity is able to be linked. But i dont explain it... because after thinking it through, there is nothing good that occurs in the long haul. I'll follow einstein and tesla's lead. They might have been kind of smart people, who were befriended by the other smart people who may or may not have the secret understanding passed down generation to generation, and they said to tesla and einstein "for the love of god, could you 2 idiots seeking public acceptance please shut the f*** up before the drunk people have weapons in their back yard than can kill us all"

Tesla never told the masses his equation(s). I think he changed his mind once he saw how intelligent you guys are with nukes. Einstein openly admitted that he regretted that you and others found out about e=mc2 (kenetic energy = relativistic mass multiplied by the constant of the speed at which ANY WAVES OF THE ELECTO-MAGNETIC SPECTRUM travel through a vacuum, squared.)

its almost like, we linked the physics family of "electro magnetism" to the other 2 families of physics (I wonder why i was not taught this in school!? Gosh! Now if we could just find someone who figures out what the force of gravity actually... is)

I just gave you a hint didn't I?

no i didn't. I may as well have had a chat with a farm anim... never mind

And even if you dont understand or believe in relativistic mass or that e=mc2 is completely accurate... the point is... inside cojoined protons and neutrons and electrons (atomic mass), is kinetic energy. A nuclear bomb is very clear evidence of this. Thus, we can get more kinetic energy out of a nuke, than we put in to trigger the nuclear reaction (small triggering explosive), when a nuke goes off. Which, prior to e=mc2, would have been considered "zero point energy" huh?! "More energy out than in? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!"

So we have established energy is stored in atomic mass. Is there energy stored in gravitational or magnetic "fields"?

Hmmm... if you believe neither of these 2 families can be linked to the other 2, then Of course theres not!

GOOD THING YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL THE PHYSICS EQUATIONS AND KNOW HOW AND WHY THE WHOLE UNIVERSE WORKS!

kind of sucks that... einstein, at the end, gave a clue that he knew his famous equations were slightly wrong... (might want to look into that)

(have you found dark matter yet? Ill give you a hint, when you do, you'll also know why gravity has a force, and also be able to calculate gravity's terminal velocity (shhh, its a secret, but it has one, and it varies planet to planet, star to star)

Is there a conspiracy? Is like asking... are there secrets... and do smart people not trust people who they think are stupid, with giant bombs and silent sniper riffles that never miss. "put the jeopardy music on loop Alex, I've got to think about this one for the next few hours"

If there's no such thing as conspiracy, then why can you be charged with it in the court of law. And to say conspiracy is not real within the gov't, is to say the govt never commits a crime nor do they keep secrets, because when govt commits a crime, there are more than 1 persons involved, which makes it.... conspiracy... by definition in the court of law. (oh, and btw, classified means secret, and if anything is classified secret from you, by the govt, thats the definition of conspiracy... isnt it clever beings?!)

But you and a lot of others seem to watch a bunch of youtube videos and think the conspiracy is from monetary greed and devil worshiping... instead of realizing...

we dont trust you, with a lot of kinetic energy. .. anymore than you trust a 16 year old, with a lot of kinetic energy as they speed down your 25mph street at 80mph in their dads new corvette, while your 4 year old kids are in the front yard playing with their ball.

You aren't allowed to buy plutonium or uranium that has been enriched. You aren't allowed to have the remaining laws of physics because gravity and permanent magnets cant be taken away from you, or put off limits for sale. Any questions?

Have a good night

If and when i see Koenigsegg, ill make sure I let him know that you said he needs to "hurry up" or else his valves are nothing more than zero point energy, which I learned all about from you on corvetteforum. Thanks for the lesson on that. And Thanks for your help and insight in the invention processes going on around us.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-11-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:48 PM
Old School
Burning Brakes

Received 424 Likes on 254 Posts

Yikes!
Mikec7z (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

"im still waiting on someone to let me have a car that runs on water... I know they are real, i know all about Stanley Meyer. I promise if there is a chain reaction where i get more energy out of water molecules than energy I put in, similar to how a nuke works... i promise my psycho ex wife, my kids who eat tide pods and I, we wont use this technology to then turn a gallon of water into a bomb. And i promise the spark plug mechanism in my car.... whatever it is or however it works... i will not put it in canal or the lake or the ocean. I promise. Give me the technology right now! im an american and jesus's favorite. Give it to me or I will create a youtube video and tell everyone you are on satan's team for keeping secrets from me and making me buy oil instead! Now give me zero point energy so I can burn up all the water and turn this planet into mars, even though clean drinkable bottled water costs more than oil does, and we all die without the water. Thats okay, my kids are tidepot eating brats anyway, who cares if they dont make it, i need my corvette to run on water, now!"

People are funny.

Originally Posted by mschuyler
....this guy's magic valves is kind of silly in itself. Perhaps it is the world's answer to the fuel crisis and all that, so let's see it work. Build some cars or engines and prove it works. like I said, where's the beef?
https://jalopnik.com/what-its-like-t...ine-1529865968

Im Sorry, i should have used google for you sooner. I got sidetracked in fantasy land, pretending i live on a planet with people who cant find their way out of a paper bag, and pretending im one of the guys who knows a few of those secrets. Big imaginations become distracting at times.

I think the link above is real though... check it out and let me know.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-11-2019 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi Quote button (middle button, lower right hand corner) to respond to multiple people with one response.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:26 PM
SingleTrackMinded
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,359 Likes on 903 Posts

Awesome car. Thanks for posting this.
Mikec7z (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 11:14 PM
84 4+3
Le Mans Master

Received 1,373 Likes on 1,061 Posts

The freevalve reminds me of the original engine that was supposed to go in the tuckers in the 40s. Technology wasn't on his side then though but it did run, so I guess that's the first camless engine, unless you count 2 strokes... wait... (just playing lol.)

It's a good idea. The only real problem that I see with it is if it goes into a production car where people neglect maintenance. It may reduce moving parts but adds however many individual failure points should oil changes to south, you get build ups or the actuators fail. That being said, atleast they appear easy to service, so it really wouldn't be much of an issue if so, especially considering it's a 4 valve engine. You have 3 others to get you home.

One of our load testers in the lab uses a similar actuation method, albeit all pneumatic, and they last a while but they do crap out often enough, and their actuation rate is only equivalent to roughly what a v8 would need to idle at. As I say at work when they bring out some brand new design and call it the next big thing... we'll see how that pans out. Sometimes it does but usually it doesn't. I used to have dreams when I was younger. 10 years ago or so ago I had a very similar idea but my idea wasn't pneumatic in operation. I was 13 I think and since then several ideas that I had I have seen come into existence in a way. I won't go through them because they work way better than my childhood mind could have ever made them. Oh well.

Him and musk should partner up, the two of them should have zero problems taking over the world at that point.
Mikec7z (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 11:43 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

The people at GM are annoying nerds, super excited about mediocre breakthroughs compared to koenigsegg's, when i see interviews between the 2.

GM could have einstein/tesla... but their ego says "we dont need you, we are bigger than you are, and we have more money than you do, youll fail without us"

Tadge and Marry Barra need to go find a tall bridge and hold hands just before they jump off onto their imaginary swan that is going to carry them to safety since they found it logical to essentially tell this guy to "go pound sand" and not meet his demands for the most important alliance of GM's future.
Man, you need to sell your wife, kids, dog, goldfish, house, and whatever else, go buy yourself a Jesko, and forget about GM and the Corvette. There is no logical business world in which those guys would partner with GM or GM them.

Yeah, it’s a wild supercar, but available only to a handful of the Uber rich. I agree, he and his old man are definitely automotive genius, but the Corvette is a fairly expensive sports car designed and produced for the masses, by a company that has invested a lot of R&D $$$ over the past 68 or 69 to develop a pretty damn popular and very competitive car. I forget, what year did a Jesko win at LeMans?

And, I said that in less that 200 words.

GMs future is in building cars for the real world.
Mikec7z (03-10-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:01 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Red67John
Man, you need to sell your wife, kids, dog, goldfish, house, and whatever else, go buy yourself a Jesko, and forget about GM and the Corvette. There is no logical business world in which those guys would partner with GM or GM them.

Yeah, it’s a wild supercar, but available only to a handful of the Uber rich. I agree, he and his old man are definitely automotive genius, but the Corvette is a fairly expensive sports car designed and produced for the masses, by a company that has invested a lot of R&D $$$ over the past 68 or 69 to develop a pretty damn popular and very competitive car. I forget, what year did a Jesko win at LeMans?

And, I said that in less that 200 words.

GMs future is in building cars for the real world.
Valid points, but GM is not a conscious being.

The people who were smart for their era, retire.

Just because GM won in the past, does not mean those people are around to make it win in the future.

And if you think GM will be winning lemans when Koenigsegg has a car in their class... pm me for that wager, you name the amount.

Carol Shelby was a prime example. It takes outside the box thinking.

The main point I think you are ignoring is the fact that koenigsegg plans to be an engine head maker for many brands of many cars and trucks. THey want to make heads that retrofit onto ANY internal combustion engine.

So for instance, maybe you buy a corvette. And then instead of putting Texas Speed ported heads on your car, you buy the koenigsegg conversion kit, and install freevalves onto your car. You take it to a tuner. If your car does not already have a flex fuel sensor installed, you install one. And you have your tuner tune for e85 and normal non ethanol gasoline, and then the tune fills in the tuning maps for every percentage of ethanol in between.

People come out with different tunes for different engines, and upload them to the community, and tunes are exchanged.

So, eventually you are GM, and you are like... "hmmm, look at toyota, they are using his freevalve technology from the factory. Wow, maybe we should put them on our cars too. It seems people like to buy cars that already have the new heads and valves on the engines to begin with, we should call this guy up and work out a business plan"

and then you are tapped on the shoulder, by your collegue, who has been at GM longer than you have.. and he informs you....

"you don't get it, we had the opportunity to be first in line on the planet with these heads, and he was going to give us the best deal he is willing to give anyone... but we passed, and told him he was asking for too much share of the profits... and now when we inquire about them, he is asking even more, because he does not need us, he has his own car company making normal cars now, in addition to his supercar company, and he is happy if GM goes out of business tomorrow. So either we pay him a rediculous amount of money for his valves... or we continue to suffer, and he sells his valves to our buyers on the aftermarket level, but we say it voids the warranty, so our customers are losing interest in our cars, and toyota has a faster more fuel efficient engine than we have, and it pollutes less... and so do all the other companies who teamed up with him early on. instead, our bosses had first shot, and we laughed in his face and said "goodluck"... so now he is proving we were the idiots who missed out"

The transmission, is just icing on the cake... i said a few months back that GM should team up with him, as he will invent more in the next 5 years, that potently matters, than all the other manufacturers combined, and this Jesko transmission is just one example that came to fruition... and rather quickly from my prediction a few months ago. Not teaming with him is a huge mistake. He makes the pie bigger.

The most difficult part of business is knowing when to take 50 percent of a billion instead of 100 percent of 300 million.

GM chose 100 percent of the smaller figure, and lacked the imagination to understand the percentage of a partnership design with him, would be a homerun, whether dealing in pure ICE, or Hybrid, and probably also in pure electric.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-11-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:04 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

It is refreshing to see this level of innovation.
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:17 AM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

https://jalopnik.com/what-its-like-t...ine-1529865968

Im Sorry, i should have used google for you sooner. I got sidetracked in fantasy land, pretending i live on a planet with people who cant find their way out of a paper bag, and pretending im one of the guys who knows a few of those secrets. Big imaginations become distracting at times.

I think the link above is real though... check it out and let me know.
tl;dr Really. There's no really compelling reason to do so.

You seem intent on designing the new Vette. Guess what? Nobody assigned you to do that. Lots of people have "great" ideas, at least in their own mind, of how the new vette ought to be designed. Some, like you, go to great lengths to explain why in a forum that will probably be unread by anyone who has decision-making power over what needs to be done, especially at this late stage. You are into magic valves and transmissions. Other people have their own little issues. Perhaps you think your ideas will change the world, and they might. It must be frustrating to realize they have no traction to speak of and are probably destined for the trash heap.

Here's a news flash: The design of the C8 is already done. It's fait accompli. It's locked in. We're done. It's all over except the crying. A few tweaks and it's on the street. Bitching about the design and GM's decisions now is like criticizing the decisions of the US Navy during the Battle of Midway--from the shore, as a civilian, who has never driven a ship. Of course it may change, but given the stated objectives of GM and the auto industry in general, the realm of the ICE is history. The C9 will be the Lectric Vette. These magic valves of yours will be seen as a great innovation for steam engines, a day late and a dollar short.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:22 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

yeah, you missed the part that there wont be "pure electric cars" most will be hybrid, and most will have the transmission replacement system that koenigsegg also invented, which is where the electric motors bring the car up to 15mph, and then the car connects the idling engine to the rear diff, and the gasoline engine is directly geared with 1 gear ratio to the rear tires. So the electric motors provide acceleration down at lower speeds, and the turbo engine provides HP at higher speeds...

and a person can leave the car in full electric mode, and the ICE off, but if the batteries get too low and there is no charging station around, the engine can be on and running to spin the alternator to charge the batteries, and/or engaged to drive the wheels as well.

It is the most efficient way to run a car, the transmission and clutch are gone. Koenigsegg... owns that patent too.

also, your news flash, was about as profound and enlightening as your lesson to me about zero point energy.

When do you realize, you aren't teaching me anything new buddy. Im aware the c8 is done.

im simply documenting that I called it that GM NOT teaming with koenigsegg, is going to come back to bite them later, and hard.

and before you say ICE are history... wait until you see the power go out for a day or 2, or a wildfire in cali take out peoples power... and then ask yourself if a car that does not get you down the road and away from the closing in wild fire... is an item everyone is just going to jump onboard with, when they can have a small ICE to recharge their batteries in such situations.

Go to a BMW dealership and ask how many i3 with range extenders (ICE) people are trying to buy, new and used, vs the non ICE versions. Pure electric cars take too long to charge in the cold, and ice storms in the winter that take out power lines, and down trees, leave a person unable to drive to work let alone to go get food.

Pure electric cars are a joke, and people are getting sick of them.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-11-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi Quote button (middle button, lower right hand corner) to respond to multiple people with one response.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:40 AM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

and before you say ICE are history...

Pure electric cars are a joke, and people are getting sick of them.
That sounds like like the same enlightened debate that horse breeders had with a Henry Ford about the ICE. Then came gasoline stations, paved roads and traffic lights and traffic cops.

These links to a little light reading seem to indicate that while the global development of the EV, and more critically a charging infrastructure, has been slow, it appears to be poised to launch like a Space X rocket, especially in a China, the world’s largest auto, market and one in which GM is heavily invested in.

https://www.jpmorgan.com/global/rese...ctric-vehicles

http://www.mit.edu/~lijing/documents...patibility.pdf

Last edited by Red67John; 03-11-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:04 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,623 Likes on 6,627 Posts

…. there wont be "pure electric cars" most will be hybrid, and most will have the transmission replacement system that koenigsegg also invented, which is where the electric motors bring the car up to 15mph, and then the car connects the idling engine ….So the electric motors provide acceleration down at lower speeds, and the turbo engine provides HP at higher speeds...
Hmm, been saying for some time that a short duration hybrid, like F1 KERS, would be used AFTER Stop/Start so the ICE does not have to start until the car is at cruising speed. The FWD electric motors "leaked by Andy Pilgrim" reinforces and easy way to get significantly better mpg! Don't need any patents as it's been done in others cars for years. This is how it could work in a C8:

When stopped the engine shuts off as it does seamlessly in our BMW X5 SUV. Don't even know it's off if the radio is playing.

Then use the electric motors to propel the car to cruising speed, the period where a lot of the energy is used, (Newton's Laws of Motion!) Just look at the instantaneous mpg on the C7 screen and see the low mpg is when accelerating even modestly. Once cruising speed is reached perhaps 45 mph, not just 15 mph, the ICE starts. And when the car is stopped the ICE is off not wasting gas idling!

When driving in anger that extra 160 hp can be used as it is in F1, passing etc.

Just Sayn'

Last edited by JerryU; 03-11-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

the engine runs, spinning the alternator, until the batteries are up to a certain level. Obviously there are different "modes" where the driver can select how they want the ICE to behave, and how aggressively they want it to maintain battery charge.

But yes, you are correct, the engine could be off for much of the drive. THe point is, on a sports car, like a koenigsegg or a vette, the person is usually driving a bit more aggressively, so charge is consumed quickly, thus why the ICE will often be running to replenish that charge, as the goal of the driver is to have both a nearly full charge and the ICE ready to assist, to bring the car to full acceleration in the blink of an eye.

The part here that koenigsegg has already done that is profound is the total lack of transmission, and the lack of a clutch, and just a direct link between the engine and the rear diff engaging and disengaging, happening on the fly, and 1 gear ratio for the engine to the wheels, shaves weight and moving parts of the transmission and clutch, and frees up space for the batteries to exist in the car

i guess i should just start linking videos to explain each invention instead of talk about them They work much better

Keep kidding yourself that his inventions existed prior to him inventing them... and that they aren't the superior way to do a sports car, let alone a prius. The final drive gear ratio is all that is changed between a small economy car and the 250mph super car. eco car only needs to get to 120mph tops, but it will use this same device, and the car will run more efficiently than any other hybrid on the market.

Why dont you guys try to listen and learn instead of argue so much.. i would watch all of his videos before you come back here and try to "enlighten" me further about how his stuff is not new or better, let alone patent'able.

Originally Posted by Red67John
That sounds like like the same enlightened debate that horse breeders had with a Henry Ford about the ICE. Then came gasoline stations, paved roads and traffic lights and traffic cops.

These links to a little light reading seem to indicate that while the global development of the EV, and more critically a charging infrastructure, has been slow, it appears to be poised to launch like a Space X rocket, especially in a China, the world’s largest auto, market and one in which GM is heavily invested in.

https://www.jpmorgan.com/global/rese...ctric-vehicles

http://www.mit.edu/~lijing/documents...patibility.pdf
RIght the consumer is still ignorant. once they own an electric car and the "keeping up with the jones and bragging rights" wears off... They realize they want hybrids. THey want freedom. They want their car to work in a power outage or a disaster. They dont want their car to be dependent on long charging station lines.

People who THINK they like EV, dont understand the tradeoffs to realty of even 25% of the population ALSO OWNING an EV, and the lines and waits that are created... and how long they take to charge in the cold.

Thus, if combustion engines can be ran without pollution, which they can (especially with his freevalves) then there is no negative to having a hybrid. They can still run on electric only, and just leave the combustion engine off 99% of the time. But that 1% of the time they need it, they want it.

Your market research also demonstrates the learning curve of humanity, and how ignorant they are to what koenigsegg has to offer.... the same problem we are experiencing with many people here

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-11-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi Quote button (middle button, lower right hand corner) to respond to multiple people with one response.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Demnos
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 113 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

The technology is certainly fascinating if it can reach its potential. I am glad that at least in the first video in this thread he acknowledged that he has a genius engineer that came up with the idea (he is not the one that comes up directly with these ideas). He also mentioned that it is somewhat theoretical at the moment since they haven't really put it through its paces yet. It make sense from an engineering perspective to make the transmission simpler (can use beefier parts etc) but it will be interesting to see if there are any unforeseen issues when they start to really hammer on it. I have no doubt that if this works well then there will be attempts at similar designs that don't break his patents. Or given the right numbers I am sure that he would license the rights. He would be foolish to leave millions/billions on the table if this is really that good.
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

I agree with Mike....Christian is definitely ahead of the automotive curve on this one.

Lamborghini lost a lot of time too with a thing called Carbon Fiber. A Lamborghini employee name Horacio Pagani wanted Lamborghini to make more extensive use of Carbon Fiber. At that time, they said no. So he started his own car brand....look at his cars now!
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
I agree with Mike....Christian is definitely ahead of the automotive curve on this one.
Lamborghini lost a lot of time too with a thing called Carbon Fiber. A Lamborghini employee name Horacio Pagani wanted Lamborghini to make more extensive use of Carbon Fiber. At that time, they said no. So he started his own car brand....look at his cars now!
It's nice when a few people can think a little out of the corporate box.

Mikec7z (03-11-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Too bad the C8 doesn't have the Jesko transmission...

Old 03-11-2019, 02:54 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Too bad? Not accounting for economies of scale, I'm sure that gearbox alone costs more than a few C8s.
vndkshn (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:20 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

Sorry....Koenisgsegg's cars are one of the most over hyped kit cars on the market. Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I'm not a huge fan of the exterior look of their cars. Now lets talk performance....if these are truly high end super cars, they should have some decent performance numbers. Doing a single top speed run or 0-60 mph is not indicative of what the car can do if pushed to do it multiple times, over and over. I doesn't need it to be the fastest car out there, but it should be able to compete with other cars in it's price range.....even if it could compete with cars costing 1/3 the price like Ferrrari's, Lambos and Porsches I could respect that. But what has this car done? Show mean a "decent" Ring time, a decent lap at Laguna Seca, etc? And can it do high performance for more than one lap without spitting it's guts? Without overheating? If the K cars were so good, you'd see launch videos like this one....I bet it couldn't do this 20 times in a row let alone 50 without turning into a platter of Swedish meatballs:

I dig all the crazy engineering stuff Mr. K keeps trying to put in his cars....but just because you can doesn't mean that it is going to be better, faster or more reliable than what is already proven to work. Hell, it took three comedians to figure out that the K-egg had dangerous aero (or lack of) and recommended a rear wing to make the car stable after the Stigs one and only wreck. So three goof ***** from Top Gear know what it takes to make a car stable at speed but Mr. K didn't think of that? Of course, after the wreck Mr K has installed wings on the rear for downforce and stability.

Reality check on boutique car makers:

Last edited by TrackAire; 03-11-2019 at 03:21 PM.
isellpower (03-16-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:33 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

The electronic valve system is an excellent piece of engineering. GM could have benefited greatly from investing in it.

It's fun to imagine what "could be" with a cam-less engine that is significantly more efficient and powerful.

I'd love to see a Corvette that can pump out 550 hp N/A and also get 35 to 40 mpg. Would be awesome to adjust just cam timing, valve action, etc and tunes with the push of a button in a more precise and programmed way than even the "M Drive" and other likenesses. Imagine having a smooth, purring mild engine tuned for maximum efficiency and manners, then at the push of a button you instantly have a big lopey fat cam sound with added power all tuned properly and precisely to accommodate for timing, travel, duration, etc, all done electronically. There are a ton of possibilities with that technology. Endless "cam profiles" all controlled electronically. Tune it for boost/nitrous, tune it for high-end N/A pull, low end torque. Even could tune it to switch between tuning profiles on-the-fly while driving or racing to maximize top-end speed/pull or torque and maximum corner exiting all-in one. There are some serious potentials there.

Last edited by C7pimp; 03-11-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Mikec7z (03-11-2019)

Quick Reply: Too bad the C8 doesn't have the Jesko transmission...