Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 rolling down the street

Old 03-21-2019, 04:31 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
This car has no rear spoiler at all.
That’s fantastic news for a gentleman like myself...
I can’t do spoilers in my mid 40’s with salt and pepper hair...
The following 2 users liked this post by pietro c7:
Mikec7z (03-21-2019), ZL-1 (03-22-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 04:39 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by FinsterforstFan
I sure hope it doesn’t actually have that stupid pointed beak in the front.
Originally Posted by docprego
I'm loving what I see in this rolling footage..............Regarding the beak, it is a bit jarring initially. However if it turns out to be real I think it does fit in well with the overall look of the car, which is decidedly exotic!
Originally Posted by gthal
I’m liking the lines in this video. Take the beak off (which we know will be the case given some other photos) and if the rear isn’t too bulky it will be an awesome car!!
Compared to the pic of my C7 inserted to this still from the ME vid, I would guess the extended ‘beak’ we see is a gross exaggeration based on Camo/padding, as most believe. That beak even extends out over the lower splitter and does not line up with the front plane of the grill. I’d suspect the beak would follow the line of the hood’s front seam gap as with a C7 IMO.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:46 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

For reference.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:39 PM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

I have been saying for several months that I didn't like the spoiler and I have always felt that this weird spoiler is there to throw us off. I think we will have an aero spoiler that pops up out of the car. I think it looks much better without that goofy spoiler on the back. Just my thoughts. I do like the lines on the profile as it drove past the guy filming. I was impressed and it was exciting to see.
Few more months and hopefully we all will like it.
Cheers

The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 11:10 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

i agree with that possibility as well, i think GM needed A spoiler for testing at Nuremberg, but that wont be THE spoiler that is on the car.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:31 PM
Stew24
Pro

Received 170 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by nexxis
This camo'd C8, and even all the renders look exactly like a C7 with a little body kit. I really hope I'm wrong and it looks different than a C7
You guys amaze me. How easily are you taken! Maybe I just study lines a bit more than the average casual viewer. This car pictured is here again wearing new, latest gen foam added contours to the rear fenders and front beak. Someone mentioned the height of the quarter panels. This has a slight addition along the upper edge that transforms the appearance notably. (Look back at the naked pad-less rear quarters of the McDonald's drive thru cars. That quarter panel is streamlined and much thinner than this one, which is wearing quarter panel padding. There's new camo that wraps around the rear glass to give a C6 look, and now someone thinks it looks like a C7, and likes what they're seeing. Just Crazy, ... as we've seen the shape of the car at the Nurburgring! That car at the ring is showing almost all the hard outlines, except the tail lights, headlights, side scoop and backlight glass. In otherwords, the overall silhouette on the car at the Ring is ... the car!. Don't be fooled by new additions thrown out there at the last minute, which are clearly intended to muddy up the waters a bit, ... again!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C8 rolling down the street