Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wouldn't blink an eye at $100,000.00

Old 03-20-2019, 12:28 PM
Vegas
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

*Disclaimer* (I can't afford one) but with that being said, I get what you're saying. My opinion on one hand a possible super car for $110k on the other hand it's just an old used chevrolet
Old 03-20-2019, 12:34 PM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
What is it with you goofballs and thinking that the base C8 is going to be over a hundred k? It's not going to jump 30 40K from the base C7 give me a break
It's cause he's living as a "big baller" and wants GM to take his money
Old 03-20-2019, 12:37 PM
vndkshn
Melting Slicks

Received 1,776 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnvk
Meh, say what you want about Porsche looks, if I'm paying for fit and finish I'd still rather take their interior and panel gaps over whatever I believe GM would come up with even at a $110k base price.
And that's where I am. Do I want to pay $100k? Want? No. But if I can get fit and finish and materials that put it on par with Porsche and have the performance to match, I'm willing to goto the CFO (wife) for the OK.

And I think the Camaro has to be brought into the conversation here (assuming there is no FE going forward). With it moving up the market in terms of performance, it makes me wonder if GM is thinking that it could fill that price gap if the Corvette moved up market as well. I keep reading about tradition and who the buyers have been to this point, but let's face it, Corvette is breaking with tradition by going ME, who's to say they aren't going to break with tradition by catering more to a different segment of buyers? To me, that is the biggest reason I can see a line up with FE and ME cars, each at different performance and price points.
The following users liked this post:
skank (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 PM
ecmoney775
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vndkshn
And that's where I am. Do I want to pay $100k? Want? No. But if I can get fit and finish and materials that put it on par with Porsche and have the performance to match, I'm willing to goto the CFO (wife) for the OK.

And I think the Camaro has to be brought into the conversation here (assuming there is no FE going forward). With it moving up the market in terms of performance, it makes me wonder if GM is thinking that it could fill that price gap if the Corvette moved up market as well. I keep reading about tradition and who the buyers have been to this point, but let's face it, Corvette is breaking with tradition by going ME, who's to say they aren't going to break with tradition by catering more to a different segment of buyers? To me, that is the biggest reason I can see a line up with FE and ME cars, each at different performance and price points.

Fit and finish will never be on par with Porsche..This aint a magic Gm from space..Its a GM
Old 03-20-2019, 01:09 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by ecmoney775
You are absolutely right! This forum is tough though dont worry about these guys they get up tight quick I have already been in trouble. Base price is gonna blow these guys lids off its gonna be more than they think. You see your the only one I have agreed with, and that makes sense. I mentioned im going back to my c6 forum and they blasted me about being broke or a troll or something and then I got ugly and got kicked off hahaha..Anyway Porsche are the best quality there is, working on them, parts, customer service..You name it, they are better than anyone. I only know this cause including my old ratty C6Z I own a 2015 GT3 that I had to wait 20 months just to receive my allocation for. I am very excited about this new C8 and am very willing to spend for one, but also I will have to wait for a Z06 or whatever they call it model. I purchase my vehicles usually based on engine alone typically
I like most sports cars. Miata, Corvette, Camaro ZL1, Mustang, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Dodge Challenger, etc... I give a damn about Brand Loyalty.

What loyalty is GM showing to its employees?

I have a C6 Z06, love it. Bought it used from my neighbor with only 8k miles, way below Mkt Value.

Never got a C7 cause it was too radical a design for me, especially the Rear-End.

If anyone walked the dealership with me and saw the Porsches I saw anyone who says they aren't sweet are delusional.

I walked the showroom, the service area, even drove out back where visitors are not allowed.

Saw some badass GTs that were custom built and sweet as hell.

The quality was simply amazing. Overpriced, yes. Markups, yes. Ahole salespeople, yes. Service and Parts pricing, most likely crazy.

BTW, they had a Corvette and a Ford GT350 sitting on the lot. Quality was not even close, Night/Day.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by ecmoney775
Fit and finish will never be on par with Porsche..This aint a magic Gm from space..Its a GM
Fit and finish are not an extra expense, it's a manufacturing tolerance and design issue.

Most high-end automakers have excellent designers who know how to make things modern, elegant and attractive without over designing their interiors like Ford and Chevy do.

You can make excellent fit and finish with crappy materials.

Heck, my 2017 DD Honda Civic has a pretty nice interior although the materials are cheap.

I know it's an unfair comparison, but look at how "simple" this design is in the new Bentley. It's a very modern and elegant look. It doesn't look like it's trying too hard to look nice, it just looks nice. GM could theoretically make this exact same look with the exact same fit and finish with less expensive materials.

The following 4 users liked this post by C7pimp:
BEAR-AvHistory (03-20-2019), ByByBMW (03-20-2019), MsEllie (03-22-2019), vndkshn (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 01:15 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Originally Posted by fake
Forget the rest of these exotics get a 1965 GTO with trips and enjoy no car tax, cheap insurance and a hell of a ride, for about $50,000.00 . Quit supporting these foreign manufactures. (Over priced Plastic) Go PONTIAC. Never had a problem with my 1965 Goat and rode like a caddy and all i needed was gas,tires,and oil. WHAT HAPPEN TO GM?
Years ago I had a '66 GTO, a Judge and a 2002 WS6 Trans Am and a POS Grand Am when I was a Po ****.

I've bought so many American Cars and Vans for my business I can't keep count.

I'll spend my money whoever gives me what I want.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:18 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut
I like most sports cars. Miata, Corvette, Camaro ZL1, Mustang, Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Dodge Challenger, etc... I give a damn about Brand Loyalty.

What loyalty is GM showing to its employees?

I have a C6 Z06, love it. Bought it used from my neighbor with only 8k miles, way below Mkt Value.

Never got a C7 cause it was too radical a design for me, especially the Rear-End.

If anyone walked the dealership with me and saw the Porsches I saw anyone who says they aren't sweet are delusional.

I walked the showroom, the service area, even drove out back where visitors are not allowed.

Saw some badass GTs that were custom built and sweet as hell.

The quality was simply amazing. Overpriced, yes. Markups, yes. Ahole salespeople, yes. Service and Parts pricing, most likely crazy.

BTW, they had a Corvette and a Ford GT350 sitting on the lot. Quality was not even close, Night/Day.
so why did you almost buy one if money is no option?

Last edited by Ted P; 03-20-2019 at 01:18 PM.
ojm (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 01:19 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by yesaccasey
I really don't think so. This is the end of the combustion engine and the last hurrah for this car before it goes all electric. You can't justify a price tag that high to move tens of thousands of units. Just my opinion but base will be in the $60s easy. I'm not doubting it will be a great car. All Corvettes are and will continue to be I'm sure.

Electric on fast cars, road to a fiery death. Tesla death a few days ago in BC.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:22 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,826 Posts

At the end of the day Porsche is charging prices that people are willing to pay. I don't blame them for that. I'm a P-car fan but I have to say the 911 Turbo is looking a little bland these days.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Originally Posted by Garret
someone was a little drunk last night me thinks....
This "someone" went car shopping and was floored at how much exotics cost.

Anything I would actually buy (Porsche 911S) was $140k+, many of the cars were $200k+ and a few $300k.

Then I came here and people talking **** about a Mid Engine C8 Corvette that should easily have the same straight-line performance or better for $60k just blows my mind.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:26 PM
anjdog2003
Team Owner

Received 700 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'17

If I could buy a 2020 C8, manual trans (maybe DCT), sub 3.5 0-60MPH, low 11's with awesome leather interior at a 2LT level I wouldn't think twice at $100k - $110k.

Why do people think a car of this caliber will go for less is beyond me.

I don't care if it has a V6 with Twin Turbos or a V8, as long as it performs.

Ever price out Porsche 911S?

I just left a Porsche dealer today, you can't touch a 911S for less than $140k: https://www.westmontporsche.com/pors...-inventory.htm

The salesman acted like they didn't give a **** if I bought one or not.

Negotiating with these guys would appear to be a waste of time.

I will say the paint on a Porsche looks incredible.

I visited a Mercedes dealer, BMW, Lexus, and even LAMBORGHINI: https://www.perillodownersgrove.com/...uc2zf7kla12430

Porsche > C8
Old 03-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ted P
so why did you almost buy one if money is no option?
Who said "money" is my deciding factor?

I want to see this C8, engine, drivetrain, interior, etc...

Rumors about this ME have been around for decades.

If I don't like the C8 for whatever reason I'll be buying a Porsche 911.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:47 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

I passed a Tesla dealership right by the Porsche dealer.

Didn't realize we even had a Tesla dealership here.

Sub Zero weather in Chicago, Electric car?

The lot was packed with cars, new & used. Have no idea why it was so full?

Maybe lots of cars getting Serviced?

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...oiowCnoECA0QBg

Originally Posted by ojm
Electric on fast cars, road to a fiery death. Tesla death a few days ago in BC.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:54 PM
tolnep
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

if gm is (un)lucky, they'll roll the c8 out about the time its obvious that one of the left's stalyin copycats will be our next president along with a majority of fellow travelers in the senate and house and the economy totally collapse resulting in all the older folks on this forum who are long time corvette devotees, having their retirement income reduced by 75 percent so that not only will they not be able to afford a c8, they'll have to sell their current c7 and either move in with their adult children or have their adult children move in with them and pay rent. and it wont matter as the first act of our newly elected masters will be to outlaw ICE based autos and probably private ownership of any form of motorized conveyance.

and mark my words, its gonna happen on a monday...
Old 03-20-2019, 01:56 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
You do realize that this is ALL conjecture at this point. Right?
Yeah, right. The C8 will likely be a step backwards in performance, sure thing.
jefnvk (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 01:57 PM
Anton Chigurh
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttoys
Well another pricing thread I guess based off his name Big Baller, Tennis and Golf nut he must be in the upper segment of the population
Most likely just a WalMart greeter living in Indiana

Get notified of new replies

To I wouldn't blink an eye at $100,000.00

Old 03-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Originally Posted by Z51VetteFan
Im a fan of the Porsche, but like you said, $140K for a base, is killing it. The car isn't freakin made of gold. But your post cracks me up, a little.

And, for $225K, I'm getting a Huracán
I looked inside this Huracan and it was sweeeeeeeet: https://www.perillodownersgrove.com/...ur2zf8kla12421

I just hope GM will offer a Leather upgrade so it can match a Lambo, Bentley interior.

I'd be willing to pay up to $10k as an Upgrade for a sweet interior.

As a Marketing Guru GM has clueless people in their marketing department.

20% of ALL buyers will always upgrade to your Best, most expensive product.

Give me what I want. It can't be that hard to take my money!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh
Most likely just a WalMart greeter living in Indiana
Indiana is actually a great state to run a business.

Property taxes are lower, etc...

Better than Illinois by a 100x.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:16 PM
ErrrrCar205
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

So then I logged in to this forum and people talking **** about a $60,000.00 C8.

That didn't even cover the Options on most of the cars I saw today.

It doesn't sync when comparing to other cars with similar performance, especially a ME, aka Porsche.
The whole point of Corvette, to my mind, is that the price doesn't sync with the competition. It's a performance car without a performance car price. All of these pricing conversations are nothing but smoke to begin with, but to say "the C8 will be priced at such-and-such because the competition charges this much" seems especially illogical to me. Also, one of the goals of C5 development was for the new car not to cost more than the C4 - who's to say they aren't setting the same goal with C8?

Porsche was probably my favorite. Their cars seem expensive, some had dealer markups.
This is somewhat beside the point, and may not have been deliberate, but this makes it sound like Porsche was your favorite because they were the most expensive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I wouldn't blink an eye at $100,000.00