Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The leaked screenshots

Old 03-23-2019, 01:09 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I bet that GM could sell twice as many FE Corvettes in the next two years with a new design body, a new engine and a new DCT and new springs than they are currently selling of the old design C7.

And, for standardization, the new engine, the new DCT and the new springs would also be used on the new mid engine Corvette
Originally Posted by PCMIII
Exactly. Both cars could also be using the same interior that we have seen.
Bingo!

Last edited by CRABBYJ; 03-23-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:13 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
There is a lot of good stuff in this thread and got me rethinking about what comes next in the Corvette Frame Construction after the C7. We had the C6 hydroformed rails following the C5. Then the segmented sections of the C7 explained to save weight. Yeh, probably some weight saved. But then I thought, with modification it could be used for the ME. The future C8 plan all along. Others have expressed the same.

But with the leaked CADs of the ME’s advanced segmented frame and now this Leaked Thread on a ‘1YC07’ Build Sheet I see another possibility using the above posts and arguments to the possibility of a simultaneous FE and ME being initially built together. For how long, and the ratio of each every year I can’t say. What if, from those CADs, the NEW C8 and it’s evolved frame from the C7 is used for both a new FE and the ME. Then all the items listed on that build sheet could be possible, FE and ME.

The plan could be by using this new C8 frame it is first used to produce a limited upscale ME Z07 to replace the C7 Z06 and build two new FE’s, Base and GS. Thus the ME production does not exceed quality. Then later comes the top dog ME ‘Zora’ ? having AWD evolving to electric fronts in time. Slowly after acceptance of the ME’s great quality, the FE could go away or maybe be refreshed. But? (ZaroTunov proof ) Probably not.

I know just a re-segmented C7. Discounting either car’s body below, just imagine.

Correct, it has already been released in video documentary form from at least one engineer (and i think it was tadge) that the cabin frame needs to be able to be used on BOTH FE and ME cars...

and since the cabin frame for the ME is NEW and REDESIGNED... that is the dead give away that there will still be ANOTHER FE CORVETTE.

A lot of people on this forum have a hard time understanding this logic.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:24 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
Correct, it has already been released in video documentary form from at least one engineer (and i think it was tadge) that the cabin frame needs to be able to be used on BOTH FE and ME cars...

and since the cabin frame for the ME is NEW and REDESIGNED... that is the dead give away that there will still be ANOTHER FE CORVETTE.

Mike, the REDESIGNED CABIN FRAME, is the piece missing for me until my above post. I could not envision the C7 frame mid section coupled to the ME CADs. Note: Where are the C8 FE CAD files. That would settle this for sure.
The following users liked this post:
John T (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 01:51 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

there has been no front engine corvette with that NEW frame released to the public yet.

But one of the engineers clearly stated that the Cabin Tub Area of the frame, was important to be able to be utilized in BOTH the FE and ME configurations.

Since there has been NO ME configuration that ever used the c7's frame, then the only logical conclusion about what the engineer said when he said it would be a sharable frame is that the NEW c8ME frame can be used on a c8 FE car at a later date.

Thats how i logically interpret what I have absorbed.

If there was hard hard evidence to this frame being shared, i would have provided it already.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:55 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by w0rM
This forum has an official relationship with GM. Jalopnik does not.
I am not the sharpest guy here but from 'lurking' around for many years I feel this screen shot was GM sanctioned. The vibe on the forum was really going sour just days before this order sheet. The timing was almost perfect.
Mikec7z (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 01:58 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

i agree with this, but i also believe it backfired. I wont be getting any new vette now that the documents have been released. I will wait for something to reveal, as they made me more confident in the possibility that perhaps the 2020 c7 will have more than just stickers added to it... so they have hurt their sales in the now, in this moment of time, as i was inches from pulling the trigger on a 19.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:04 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

i agree with this, but i also believe it backfired. I wont be getting any new vette now that the documents have been released. I will wait for something to reveal, as they made me more confident in the possibility that perhaps the 2020 c7 will have more than just stickers added to it... so they have hurt their sales in the now, in this moment of time, as i was inches from pulling the trigger on a 19.
GO do it then. When I stopped in the local Chevy dealer to pick up some parts this morning, they had at least 8 sitting on their showroom floor that they would be happy to wheel and deal on.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:06 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

the moral of the post you quoted is why i am not going to do it, as i need to see what the 2020 holds, at least for the c7, before i buy anything new.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:59 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMIII
Sorry I confused you. I am talking about the Stingray FE not the ZR1. The 2020 Stingray FE will definitely be faster than the current car 0-60 and quarter mile.

BTW, I predict the ZR1 FE will end when the ME starts production because Corvette will put the LT5 into the ME. Same for Z06 and LT4. The ME will be a beast.
I'm not confused....next time say "STINGRAY"....
You guys are the best...you don't state specifically WHAT you're talking about and then act like everyone's a dolt when you're called on it.
The upside is I'm saving screen shots of all these big, bold predictions by you and Mike and all the others....
Old 03-23-2019, 04:57 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 858 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
The upside is I'm saving screen shots of all these big, bold predictions by you and Mike and all the others....
So are you going to the Bash next month to see the 2020 FE Stingray?
Old 03-23-2019, 05:51 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

the moral of the post you quoted is why i am not going to do it, as i need to see what the 2020 holds, at least for the c7, before i buy anything new.
Yeah, my bad, I read that too quick.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:01 PM
ojm
Le Mans Master

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts

Our local craigslist has ads taking deposits for the C8, add says in two months reveal, well that was on the ad in Vancouver BC. don't shoot the messenger.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:12 PM
Stoplight
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette
Not a fan of Jalopnik anyways. Their writers are mostly broke millennials, they ALWAYS throw Trump under the bus when they can and their fanbase is a bunch of liberals that hate trucks, sports cars and praise shitty old beaters.
I gotta correct you on Jalopnik. They were the ones that broke what the C7 would look like before anyone else (IIRC), and GM was pissed about that. Also, Chris Harris (yes, that Chris Harris) has written an article featured on there called “How Ferrari Spins” which got him in trouble with Ferrari and banned.
Also, they have a professional race car driver that writes for them from time to time. His name is Robb Holland. And he had resurrected a C7 Z06 to race up Pike’s Peak. And James Glickenhaus chimes in from time to time. You know, that gazillionaire, James Glickenhaus who has a Ferrari collection, his own racing and car team, Scuderia Glickenhaus, and his daughter drives a black Corvette C7 Z06? They also were the ones that launched Doug Demuro and Tavarish to stardom. And Tavarish is probably a better wrencher/mechanic than many on here.

Also, they like trucks, off-roading, overlanding, motorcycles, race cars, sports cars, exotics. No, many are not fans of Trump. However, why hold that against them? That was your 2nd gripe out the gate. I don’t know their financial status, but in today’s climate, Trump is an easy target for middle class millenials who may have some financial strain. And, remember, many members on here hate on Ferrari, Porsche, and were griping about how the C8 may be out of reach, financially.

Just take a look at their front page today, to see how incorrect you are about Jalopnik and the topics.

Last edited by Stoplight; 03-23-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:45 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoplight
I gotta correct you on Jalopnik. They were the ones that broke what the C7 would look like before anyone else (IIRC), and GM was pissed about that. Also, Chris Harris (yes, that Chris Harris) has written an article featured on there called “How Ferrari Spins” which got him in trouble with Ferrari and banned.
Also, they have a professional race car driver that writes for them from time to time. His name is Robb Holland. And he had resurrected a C7 Z06 to race up Pike’s Peak. And James Glickenhaus chimes in from time to time. You know, that gazillionaire, James Glickenhaus who has a Ferrari collection, his own racing and car team, Scuderia Glickenhaus, and his daughter drives a black Corvette C7 Z06? They also were the ones that launched Doug Demuro and Tavarish to stardom. And Tavarish is probably a better wrencher/mechanic than many on here.

Also, they like trucks, off-roading, overlanding, motorcycles, race cars, sports cars, exotics. No, many are not fans of Trump. However, why hold that against them? That was your 2nd gripe out the gate. I don’t know their financial status, but in today’s climate, Trump is an easy target for middle class millenials who may have some financial strain. And, remember, many members on here hate on Ferrari, Porsche, and were griping about how the C8 may be out of reach, financially.

Just take a look at their front page today, to see how incorrect you are about Jalopnik and the topics.
Thanks, but I actually read their articles every day. I push through the crap I dont like because they are actually decent at posting the latest news. I formed my conclusions from my experience of reading their site for a couple years now
Old 03-23-2019, 09:49 PM
FringbirdAloha
Burning Brakes

Received 729 Likes on 309 Posts

Corvette Derangement Syndrome is real. The C7 FE stuff is hilarious to watch now. It’s basically proven now the C8 will be a direct replacement for the base Stingray and people are still going on and on about an FE. Insane.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:35 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FringbirdAloha
Corvette Derangement Syndrome is real. The C7 FE stuff is hilarious to watch now. It’s basically proven now the C8 will be a direct replacement for the base Stingray and people are still going on and on about an FE. Insane.
It would make a lot of sense though. Revised C7, and then the ME. They could share many parts, and it would make the huge plant expansion make more sense. A Cadillac GT car could also use the FE chassis.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:39 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

911, panamera, cayenne.

911 s, panamera s, cayenne s

...turbo

fe stingray, me stingray

fe grand sport, me grandsport

...z06

see where this is going? Just because a ME car is called a stingray, does not mean its game over for the FE.

Get notified of new replies

To The leaked screenshots

Old 03-24-2019, 12:41 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

911, panamera, cayenne.

911 s, panamera s, cayenne s

...turbo

fe stingray, me stingray

fe grand sport, me grandsport

...z06

see where this is going? Just because a ME car is called a stingray, does not mean its game over for the FE.
Exactly, I've been saying this for a long time. The ME car could be called the Corvette Zora Stingray. Then the real C7 replacement comes along as the C8 Stingray in 2022 or so. By then the 2021 Corvette Zora Z06 could be out. Or something along those lines.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:43 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

and for those that think front engine cars suck...

go ahead and give me one of these, and you go get your ME cars, and not only will i most likely beat 98 out of 100 people here on a roadcourse, even if you all equip yourselves with La Ferraris... ill also be in total bliss.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-24-2019 at 12:44 AM.
djnice (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 11:22 AM
ShagVette
Safety Car

Received 915 Likes on 426 Posts

and for those that think front engine cars suck...

go ahead and give me one of these, and you go get your ME cars, and not only will i most likely beat 98 out of 100 people here on a roadcourse, even if you all equip yourselves with La Ferraris... ill also be in total bliss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ts_j5Pmwb0
Ah nice, you never fail to disappoint - now you're a Pro race car driver, than can beat 98 (surprised you didn't say 99) out of 100 people here on a roadcourse - thanks for the morning laugh.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The leaked screenshots