Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The leaked screenshots

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 11:50 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

or perhaps its a better car than a la ferrari, and that was the point of the comment, and you can take your ego out of it.

If im in a better car, and i say i will still lose to a couple people, thats me saying im not the best.

Your interpretations are very negative.

But if you really want to make it me vs you, let me know where you'd like me to meet you, south east is your profile, you cant be that far away, do you have a stock c7z?

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-24-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Stoplight
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette
Thanks, but I actually read their articles every day. I push through the crap I dont like because they are actually decent at posting the latest news. I formed my conclusions from my experience of reading their site for a couple years now
If you read their articles everyday, then your conclusions were wrong. Are their things that they post that I don’t like? Yeah, but for the most part, their content is heavily geared to the the Gen X and Millenial gearhead. And many of the members/writers worship at the altar of the Manual, just like many members do here. Plenty of articles on motor sports, and exotic cars. And let’s not forget, that they broke what the C7 would look like, back in 2011. I’ve been reading Jalopnik going on 10 years now. I remember when the founder of Jalopnik had a magazine called 0-60 Magazine, which again was youth based and grassroots
Here is what is posted today. Like partying with Jalopnik, Mario Andretti, IndyCar on Sat Night.

https://jalopnik.com/

oh, and many prefer their cars to be a brown manual diesel wagon, or used, because funds (or lack thereof). Many of the members of Jalopnik and this forum have a lot in common, so not liking the Man of Orange, I think, can be overlooked.

Last edited by Stoplight; 03-24-2019 at 03:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LLK (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 03:50 PM
slickstick
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
haha, send your wager. The only part i wont bet money on is the turbos, that is still my hope.... but the dct... its coming big boss. I predicted this earlier this week on this forum after my friend who DOES know, and works for GM, told me this was coming. Its all documented here on the forum.

PM Wagers if you think im wrong on the dct in a c7
I wish you were right but seems odd to me... Even if they put a DCT into the C7, why would they remove the M7 option?
Old 03-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 314 Posts

Rick Conti says the "Leaked" pics were the C8.

Go to 1:00-minute mark.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:01 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by slickstick
I wish you were right but seems odd to me... Even if they put a DCT into the C7, why would they remove the M7 option?
I agree, its likely the c8, i was an idiot and did not see the lifting suspension option on the invoice
Old 03-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by slickstick
If they redesign it to fit a DCT in there, the M7 may not be able to bolt up, requiring a new M7 to be designed. It is probably just not worth it for them. Manual sales are low, and a good chunk of them are probably because the A8 is a bad transmission. When you take that out of the equation, manual sales would be super low if the auto option was a good DCT.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:17 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

exactly, and while it might make sense to offer a manual in the c8fe car, anyone who wanted a manual c7 would already have one. Anyone who would want a dct, would be willing to now buy, or "upgrade" to a 2020c7, should they put such a trans in the car.

The torque tubes would be different, and its not worth keeping the option on the assembly line.. when they can do what porsche did and spook everyone into thinking this is the end of the manual, which would cause the existing m7's on dealers lots, to then be gobbled up by "collectors" or people who are scared that they wont ever get a manual trans again, and just want to own what they like to drive, they will buy the remaining 18's and 19's up.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-24-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Stoplight
If you read their articles everyday, then your conclusions were wrong. Are their things that they post that I don’t like? Yeah, but for the most part, their content is heavily geared to the the Gen X and Millenial gearhead. And many of the members/writers worship at the altar of the Manual, just like many members do here. Plenty of articles on motor sports, and exotic cars. And let’s not forget, that they broke what the C7 would look like, back in 2011. I’ve been reading Jalopnik going on 10 years now. I remember when the founder of Jalopnik had a magazine called 0-60 Magazine, which again was youth based and grassroots
Here is what is posted today. Like partying with Jalopnik, Mario Andretti, IndyCar on Sat Night.

https://jalopnik.com/

oh, and many prefer their cars to be a brown manual diesel wagon, or used, because funds (or lack thereof). Many of the members of Jalopnik and this forum have a lot in common, so not liking the Man of Orange, I think, can be overlooked.
Thanks, but I will be the one to decide that.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:23 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by ShagVette
Funny, Mikec7z clicked Thanks on your post lol. Now, seeing his posts on multiple threads, he goes back and edits practically all of them = been drinking or bipolar?
Not funny at all! He knows that I'm right!

The leaked screenshots also tell us the followings:

Initially, there is no Z06 or ZR1 models (but we already knew that).
Initially, there is no fancy DOHC and/or twin-turbo engines offered.
Initially, there is no manual transmission (we guessed that already).
Initially, there is no AWD.
Initially, there is no hybrid system (no 48V system).
Initially, there is no convertible model.

Did I miss something?
Old 03-24-2019, 10:07 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

the only thing i edit is all of my grammar spelling mistakes I let my mistakes stand, and then i admit im wrong. No need to make me worse than I already am

I do agree with you range, i made that clear before this post, i think its the c8.

you guys want me to throw you a party for probably being right or what?
The following users liked this post:
range96 (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 11:10 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,760 Likes on 3,176 Posts

I downloaded the screenshots they're everywhere on the internet. Kind of silly they won't post them here. GM doesn't own this site.

Definitely the ME car. I'm excited for "new" but idk if I'm gonna be able to get over the ME.

My buddy has a performante and an F12... takes the F12 everywhere (also Bentley supersports an 8 second ctsv an X6 M and others).

He can't stand the layout in the Lambo. We are of like minds (unfortunately not of like bank accounts).. I get it performs better but it may not be "better" for me. Sucks if they don't continue an FE.

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 03-24-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:14 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Just look here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ngray-z51.html
Old 03-24-2019, 11:16 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

they can be posted now, the forum took the ban off the photos yesterday i thought.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:18 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
there has been no front engine corvette with that NEW frame released to the public yet.

But one of the engineers clearly stated that the Cabin Tub Area of the frame, was important to be able to be utilized in BOTH the FE and ME configurations.

Since there has been NO ME configuration that ever used the c7's frame, then the only logical conclusion about what the engineer said when he said it would be a sharable frame is that the NEW c8ME frame can be used on a c8 FE car at a later date.

Thats how i logically interpret what I have absorbed.

If there was hard hard evidence to this frame being shared, i would have provided it already.
Link to the video with an engineer (Tadge?) stating the tub has to be used in both FE and ME.....

I can't find any such video.

Last edited by jimmyb; 03-27-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:01 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Can’t believe this FE business is still going on....
simply ask the forum dealerships for which C8 they have deposits on....
It should answer everyone’s question.Period.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:40 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pietro c7
Can’t believe this FE business is still going on....
simply ask the forum dealerships for which C8 they have deposits on....
It should answer everyone’s question.Period.
If the FE does happen, the ME won't be the C8. What a stupid question.

Quick Reply: The leaked screenshots