Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone seen a C8 get gas, and then start and drive away afterwards?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

I'm aware of exactly ONE mule being towed away from a gas station. The speculation about an electrical issue emerged a long time before that one captured photo essay.

On the C7, lights stay on for a period of time after shutdown. That's now true of most modern vehicles, thus not hard evidence of the vehicle still running. Your theory is based upon no credible evidence.

I'm not defending anything, and am completely brand agnostic. At present, I'm highly unlikely to be in the market for the new ME. I do have close to zero tolerance for stupid theories based upon nothing except someone's vigorous imagination and lack of knowledge..

Last edited by Foosh; 03-23-2019 at 12:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Foosh:
JABCAT (03-24-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

and those of you who would like to call me stupid... understand... the car does not get released until this problem is solved. I am trying to understand the problem...

you guys are meanwhile pretending you know when the reveal date is going to be, arguing with each other about that and how the c7 is ended next month.

I feel that is pretty stupid.... considering no c8 gets sold to the public until c8's can restart at gas stations, or anywhere else for that matter where they happen to be shut off.

I'm discussing the actual problem that is preventing you from being allowed to buy a c8, with the other people interested in discussing the actual problem that is keeping you from being allowed to buy a C8...

...so why don't you be SMART now, and go debate the other things i mentioned above, like c8 release dates/etc, and pretend ALL of those debates, don't crux on this car's ability to successfully restart at a gas pump, instead of needing to be towed or a swarm of engineers to get it started.

That would require you to leave this thread and go look at another one with your computer or phone screen since you think this is a stupid topic, and think the other 500 threads are not.

Run along... more important debates need your expert opinions.

I look forward to someone posting who actually has any of the above evidences which i requested.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-24-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:38 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,210 Posts

You already asked that question in another thread. You had to start a new thread for it as well? Your unintelligent speculation is getting old. Btw, if you actually lemon law a car you'll get full payment for what you paid + taxes - depreciation. Not a coupon. Just, so you know.
The following users liked this post:
vndkshn (03-25-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:40 PM
wadenelson
Burning Brakes

Received 332 Likes on 199 Posts

Let's talk about leaving the motor running while you're refueling and WHY there are laws against it.

My entire life I've obeyed that law. Until one VERY cold morning, my truck nowhere near warmed up, I stopped for fuel and decided to leave the motor running.

I get out, do the credit card thing, stick the nozzle in the car, and stand there and shiver. It's bitter cold.

Nozzle doesn't automatically shut off. Suddenly there's a gallon or more of fuel on the ground, side of the car, everywhere.

First and ONLY time in my entire life the nozzle didn't click off, and it's the ONE time I decided to leave the car idling.

I grab the still spewing nozzle and JAM it back into the pump, even MORE fuel bouncing off the pump and onto the ground, my pants, shoes, everywhere. Several gallons by now. If it ignites I'm in serious trouble.

Suddenly I realize that ever-expanding pool of gas on the ground is within inches of the exhaust pipe of my still-idling truck and fumes clearly within range of the still running motor.

I managed to get in and drive away from the island without it all igniting. Changed pants at my next stop but the cabin still reeked.

Never again.

Last edited by wadenelson; 03-23-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

So one C8 breaks down at a gas station and now there is some systemic issue related to cars and gas stations? Yep, real intelligent and profound. Keep it up, I think you are on to something.
vndkshn (03-25-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by wadenelson
Let's talk about leaving the motor running while you're refueling and WHY there are laws against it.

My entire life I've obeyed that law. Until one VERY cold morning, my truck nowhere near warmed up, I stopped for fuel and decided to leave the motor running.

I get out, do the credit card thing, stick the nozzle in the car, and stand there and shiver. It's bitter cold.

Nozzle doesn't automatically shut off. Suddenly there's a gallon or more of fuel on the ground, side of the car, everywhere.

I grab the still spewing nozzle and JAM it back into the pump, even MORE fuel bouncing off the pump and onto the ground, my pants, everywhere. Several gallons by now.

Suddenly I realize that pool of gas on the ground is within inches of the exhaust pipe of my still-idling truck and fumes clearly within range of the still running motor.

I managed to get in the car and move it away from the island without it all igniting.

Never again.
If your exhaust pipe is hot, its hot... doesnt matter if your car is on or not.

Your phone and your kids gameboys and the idiots with their vape gizmos, and other geniuses who still smoke cigs... are what are going to cause you to blow up, not your cr running.

And that is not the point of my thread, and that is also not going to undo the fact that I have done this MY ENTIRE LIFE... so no, lets not discuss it any further.
Jerradl1987
Instructor

Received 200 Likes on 82 Posts
Default 2nd time car has been towed away

This would make number 2 that the mid engine car has been towed away from a gas station. Once in Florida a year ago, and now in Michigan. So I see your point here but here’s the thing, out of all the miles running around you think that everyone of them is being towed away after a fill up? And I seriously doubt the car is on and running at every fill up with every time this mule needs fuel. And if it breaks down at a gas station then so what? It’s a test car for a reason and if something goes wrong then that’s how it is! They will tow it back to the proving grounds or to their base camp and diagnose the issue. GM is building an all new car with a new electrical system, things happen.

Mikec7z (03-23-2019)
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
So one C8 breaks down at a gas station and now there is some systemic issue related to cars and gas stations? Yep, real intelligent and profound. Keep it up, I think you are on to something.
How can you not count to 2?
Old 03-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,667 Likes on 8,311 Posts

It's stupid to argue with stupid. That's been confirmed here, and it's time for this one to die.
vndkshn (03-25-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jerradl1987
This would make number 2 that the mid engine car has been towed away from a gas station. Once in Florida a year ago, and now in Michigan. So I see your point here but here’s the thing, out of all the miles running around you think that everyone of them is being towed away after a fill up? And I seriously doubt the car is on and running at every fill up with every time this mule needs fuel. And if it breaks down at a gas station then so what? It’s a test car for a reason and if something goes wrong then that’s how it is! They will tow it back to the proving grounds or to their base camp and diagnose the issue. GM is building an all new car with a new electrical system, things happen.

Congrats for being able to count to 2, and thus having an iq over 60. Thank you for assisting me with the rest of these folks.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:47 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

do you understand the odds of a c8 breaking down, both times, while getting fuel, and only at those times... is astronomical?

Its like winning the lottery, unless there is something more to it.

car drives for 3 hours, and not once during those 3 hours does it fail... and then after getting gas, its game over?

I dont know how it correlates, that is what i am trying to figure out. And im trying to find out if GM knows that is the pattern, and if that is why they leave their cars running, and if any other ones have been shut off and restarted, or if they know to AVOID shutting them off while getting fuel.

Yes, im aware they would have also noticed this during private property testing... thats why i think they leave them running at gas stations on purpose because its a KNOWN ISSUE.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:49 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by range96
You already asked that question in another thread. You had to start a new thread for it as well? Your unintelligent speculation is getting old. Btw, if you actually lemon law a car you'll get full payment for what you paid + taxes - depreciation. Not a coupon. Just, so you know.
Another expert...

is it possible that that math equation you posted above has a final answer?

And that final answer is the total dollar amount GM is willing to pay on the next vehicle(s)?

Jeopardy music starts now.

As far as the other thread goes, i was accused of derailing it, so here i am... my own thread. Neat how this works huh?

As far as your 10k bet comment goes, i was not the one who instigated the bet for 10k... the other guy who had no desire to bet even 1 dollar, did so.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
maybe im wrong... but all im saying is. so far, no c8's failed at any other place than in front a gas pump. Thats an amazing statistic, don't you think?

And the first fialure is what spawned the discussions about GM having an electrical issue...

cars vanish for a few weeks...

cars come back out... and then the lady who forgets to NOT shut off the car... gets stuck at a gas pump... after GM had weeks to resolve the issue.

You guys can argue up and down all that you want and try to protect the car that it is perfect and amazing...

meanwhile, im over here in reality collecting facts.

2 for 2... instances with hard evidence the car was shut off... it did not restart... after getting fuel.

And one of those times was directly after GM took a long amount of time to fix it, AFTER it had been admitted to the public there is an electrical issue with the cars.

Cars are not fixed yet

Period.

Otherwise, i need some video evidence of any of them succeeding at this, seemingly simple task of restarting at a gas pump.
Like you, “maybe I’m wrong, but all I’m saying is...” that is a lot of unsubstantiated supposition.

None of us has any idea if the car has failed anywhere other than what you assume to be two gas pump stops. Do you know that it never failed at Milford, Yuma, or “the Ring,” or somewhere else we have no video or photos of?

What proof is there that a photo on Corvette Forum of the car on at a gas pump is what “spawned” the discussion of an electrical problem, as opposed to the reality that it most likely has only fueled the discussion. We can’t even be 100% sure when that photo was taken, but the GM markings on the tow truck do indicate that it is most like in Michigan. It’s a reasonable assumption, but do actually know the car did not start after being shut off as opposed to a decision to simply shut it down for some unknown reason?

And did the woman seen in the photo seen leaning over the frunk actually tell YOU or anyone else that she forgot to NOT turn off the car?

What is the evidence and facts that you purport to have on anything about the car or these issues.? I think we would all like to know so please share.
The following 2 users liked this post by Red67John:
Mikec7z (04-08-2019), vndkshn (03-25-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:58 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

do you understand the odds of a c8 breaking down, both times, while getting fuel, and only at those times... is astronomical?
We don't know how many times it has broken down other places, where there didn't happen to be people around with cameras.
Mikec7z (04-08-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:59 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

im not supposing anything, i want hard evidence... this thread requests hard evidence.

None of you are providing it.

You are instead typing in a thread that you all apparently think is a waste of time and stupid, telling me its a waste of time and stupid...

and none of you realize that makes you dumber than I am, because at least im interested in the answers to the quesions ive asked... while the rest of you have made it clear that you don't care... so why are you here?

Dont you have ANYTHING better to do in your day, or on this forum, than to type here?

The other threads need your opinion on what the c8 should be and when it will reveal... since there is an answer to both of those questions at this exact moment in time, and you all apparently know it.

MOVE... ALONG... PLEASE.

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:00 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
We don't know how many times it has broken down other places, where there didn't happen to be people around with cameras.
BINGO, AND THATS WHY THAT IS ALSO A QUESTION IN THE FIRST POST!!!

LA, lala la la la LAAAAAA!

Last edited by Mikec7z; 03-23-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:01 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by blipit_
Gettting gas, driving away.

/End Thread
Love it! Thank you. Thank you very much!

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone seen a C8 get gas, and then start and drive away afterwards?

Old 03-23-2019, 01:05 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

FrankLP is positive that he has his answer that the cars are at least 1 for 3, and he is also interested in posting in a thread he obviously does not think is important.

Thanks for stopping by frankLP
Old 03-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

LA, lala la la la LAAAAAA!
I got it! Lyrics from the Crosby Stills and Nash song, "Our House".
Hope I won a prize.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 03-23-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Mikec7z (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Red67John
Pro

Received 394 Likes on 195 Posts

im not supposing anything, i want hard evidence... this thread requests hard evidence.

None of you are providing it.

You are instead typing in a thread that you all apparently think is a waste of time and stupid, telling me its a waste of time and stupid...

and none of you realize that makes you dumber than I am, because at least im interested in the answers to the quesions ive asked... the rest of you have made it clear that you dont care... so why are you here?

Dont you have ANYTHING better to do in your day, or on this forum, than to type here?

The other threads need your opinion on what the c8 should be and when it will reveal... since there is an answer to both of those questions, and you all apparently know it.

MOVE... ALONG... PLEASE.
Your post #20 spews about your belies and alleged hard evidence, so I’ve asked for three specific citations of your evidence and all you reply with is YOUR request for hard evidence. No, you’re simply looking for any validation of your suppositions.

Okay, I’ll be out actually driving my Corvette now.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen a C8 get gas, and then start and drive away afterwards?