C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The C7 and FE Corvettes are dead...

Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Liked 1,157 Times in 688 Posts

Oh no!!! Now you've done it.... open the flood gates for "IT HAS MALIBU TAILLIGHTS!!!" threads.
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
jefnvk
CF Senior Member

Liked 297 Times in 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
Oh no!!! Now you've done it.... open the flood gates for "IT HAS MALIBU TAILLIGHTS!!!" threads.

Yeah, I know what it has right now, but things can change, and taillights have been known to change on models in between model years with ease!
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM
NinjamanZ51
CF Senior Member

Liked 134 Times in 90 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Looks sinister! I love it!

The following users liked this post: NinjamanZ51
Mikec7z (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
vetteLT193
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 117 Times in 73 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ View Post
Luckily you are not GM, get over it, the only people who wanted the C7/C8. Enigma built side by side are the ones who just bought C7ís or do t want to see their C7ís become obsolete, GM was never going to do that, time to move on.
I fit neither of those categories. I don't own a C7 and don't care if it goes away ***other than if I know it is going away I'd likely buy a 1LT Stingray right now and sell it in a year for the same or more than I paid for it because the price of the ME would be so much higher out the door***

I'm using straight up logic here. The 1LT Stingray sells because of its price and value. While the ME might provide just as good value from a performance standpoint most Corvette owners never take their cars on a track and simply won't care. The ME to me is like the GS. Most who buy them don't do so for the performance but rather the look which is why I think the ME fits into the Corvette lineup right where the GS is... and it should fit into the lineup right where the GS is on price too. So we are missing a major sales component of Corvette... the base model. And we already have the dadgum thing worked out and ready to go.
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM
Shaka
CF Senior Member

Liked 471 Times in 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov View Post
The C8's center tunnel isn't wide enough to house the C7's torque tube, so no, the "passenger bucket" is not the same in the ME as the C7. It's also obvious from the CAD drawings that the front and back sections of the chassis cannot simply be bolted onto the passenger cell in reverse positions, which honestly sounds better suited for a kit car than a modern sports car platform.
Lets see, You, jefnik, and foosh are buds? Are you all in the same ward? What ever happened to nurse Ratchet?
The following users liked this post: Shaka
skank (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
mschuyler
CF Senior Member

Liked 2,343 Times in 1,065 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
Lets see, You, jefnik, and foosh are buds? Are you all in the same ward? What ever happened to nurse Ratchet?
Shaka, when you "argue" like that you show yourself for a fool. Do you have a counter argument to the specifics here or not?
The following users liked this post: mschuyler
Laguna Fred (Today)
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
Shaka
CF Senior Member

Liked 471 Times in 293 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler View Post
Shaka, when you "argue" like that you show yourself for a fool. Do you have a counter argument to the specifics here or not?
Why would you seek knowledge from a fool?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The C7 and FE Corvettes are dead...

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: