Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front engine future

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 03:01 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMIII
No, I expect the LT4 to be in the launch edition C8 and it will likely be faster on the track than a ZR1.
If that doesn't happen, what is the point of the ME?
Oh my goodness.
If the leaked order guide is to be believed, the base engine is called "LT2" and we don't know it's specs yet. The LT4 is not even an engine yet, as far as the C8 is concerned (unless you KNOW something NO one else does). Will the base C8 be faster on the track than the base C7 Stingray. Bet on it and ditto for the Z51 versions of both. THAT is apples to apples. What you're talking about is just silliness.
BTW, the C6 ZR1 is faster than the C7 Stingray. It seems that was not an issue for the 35,000 folks that bought a 2014 Stingray.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

No, I expect the LT4 to be in the launch edition C8 and it will likely be faster on the track than a ZR1.
If that doesn't happen, what is the point of the ME?
What in the world would lead you to believe the LT4 would be in the base model C8? We have leaked order information and every news outlet that states it will be a N/A V8 called the LT2. The point of the ME is to continue to provide a platform that increases performance. The base C8 will be quicker than the base C7. Like I have said before, everything else you are describing is plain inaccurate and not based in reality.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:30 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 858 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
What in the world would lead you to believe the LT4 would be in the base model C8? We have leaked order information and every news outlet that states it will be a N/A V8 called the LT2. The point of the ME is to continue to provide a platform that increases performance. The base C8 will be quicker than the base C7. Like I have said before, everything else you are describing is plain inaccurate and not based in reality.
So it is not possible for the base C8 to have the LT2 and the performance model to have the LT4? Why is that?

Leaked order information has never been confirmed by GM, nor is it necessarily conclusive as to what will be available. You are just speculating that the leaked order was the final word on options.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:31 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

^^^^^
This is PCMIII's version of:
"I EXPPECT the new Ferrari SF90 to retail for $139,000. If it doesn't, it's a failure".

One can set any ridiculous standard to anything and then proclaim you were right.

Last edited by jimmyb; 06-09-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:33 PM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 858 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
^^^^^
This is PCMIII's version of:
"I EXPPECT the new Ferrari SF90 to retail for $139,000. If it doesn't, it's a failure.
I expect the new Corvette to be faster than the old Corvette, but you think that is not possible.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:39 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

OK.
Do you EXPECT the base C8 to be faster than the base C7?
Do you EXPECT the C8GS to be faster than the C7 GS?
Etc.

Or let's make it easier.
Do you EXPECT the next gen 2020 Porsche Carrera to be faster than the current gen GT2RS?
I'll help you...it WON'T. Does that make the 2020 Carrera a failure?

Last edited by jimmyb; 06-09-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:43 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

As I said well above, a 2014 Porsche 911GT3 is considerably faster around a track than a base 2020 911. They are members of different 911 gens, but both 911s. PCMIII is one very confused person.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-09-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

So it is not possible for the base C8 to have the LT2 and the performance model to have the LT4? Why is that?

Leaked order information has never been confirmed by GM, nor is it necessarily conclusive as to what will be available. You are just speculating that the leaked order was the final word on options.
More flip-flopping from you. You said you expect the LT4 to be in the launch edition C8 which will be the base model, not a high performance model. Why cant you keep your story straight?
Old 06-09-2019, 04:25 PM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts

I'd rather read someone tell a story about a personal experience or a car they used to have, anything that actually gives us something to learn from.

I don't care if people brag as long as it is true and it gives us something new to think about.

Instead, you guys think people are impressed or enjoy reading you finding flaws with each other.

I can't think of a stranger who comes across these threads, and says "oh, that guy just proved the other guy wrong on his opinion, he's my favorite"

I'll say it again, I would rather hear you guys tell a braggy story about each of yourselves... what happened last week at the track, what happened with your last car that you learned from, how many Porsche did you pass, what improvements you made to your car, what your preference is on alignment.... any of those would be better than you all insulting each other all day, and getting threads closed, and taking the argument to the next thread... which also then gets closed.

It's old. If you hate a dude, ignore him, and tell your story instead, keep it factual and let's discuss it. Just because the jealous people come and rip your story apart, who cares, some of us enjoy good stuff, and know the insulters who bring no useful info to the table, are just cancer here.

If people have stories that you think are fake, cool, let them tell them. Anyone with any intelligence will see through the BS story if it's fake... but get off each other's backs.

There is nothing here worth reading when you guys go back and forth with your one line jabs trying to best the other guy.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

And exactly how does that fit into a thread debating the future of a front-engine Corvette? Thanks for the lecture.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-09-2019 at 04:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
vetteman41960 (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 04:34 PM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

A thread full of stories about peoples experiences driving front and mid-engine cars, and what they think about them... their point of views... does not get shut down.

And it is actually enjoyable to read (as long as you have enough self-security to believe/appreciate when someone else has a cool story too, and not just you)

You guys insulting each other non-stop and trying to prove how stupid each other are, thinking it makes you look more intelligent, get these threads shut down.

Anyone who actually enjoyed the thread topic, ends up hating you all equally after the thread is closed, as you all point fingers and blame it on the other like a bunch of 4 year olds. No one logical admires your insults.

Don't be ashamed to tell your story and how it pertains to the topic, and then let the next guy tell his, you might learn something that way.

If you don't have a story that pertains to the thread topic, then maybe you should not be talking.

Insulting someone's point of view, who has a story to tell that is relative to the topic, when/if you indeed have no story relative to the topic, is like a scrawny nerd walking into a Gym and telling people who are working out that they are weak, because he read about someone stronger in the Nutrition magazine.

Your insults are all empty, you all have nothing, just a bunch of parroted info you read here or read there.

Where are YOUR stories on the topic?

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-09-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:41 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

I expect the new Corvette to be faster than the old Corvette, but you think that is not possible.
I expect a new Stingray to be faster than an old Stingray. I do not expect a new Stingray to be faster than the outgoing ZR1. I expect the new ZR1 to be faster than the old ZR1.

Whether a new Stingray can be faster than an old Z51, I could be convinced either way on.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com
A thread full of stories about peoples experiences driving front and mid-engine cars, and what they think about them... their point of views... does not get shut down.

And it is actually enjoyable to read (as long as you have enough self-security to believe/appreciate when someone else has a cool story too, and not just you)

You guys insulting each other non-stop and trying to prove how stupid each other are, thinking it makes you look more intelligent, get these threads shut down.

Anyone who actually enjoyed the thread topic, ends up hating you all equally after the thread is closed, as you all point fingers and blame it on the other like a bunch of 4 year olds. No one logical admires your insults.

Don't be ashamed to tell your story and how it pertains to the topic, and then let the next guy tell his, you might learn something that way.

If you don't have a story that pertains to the thread topic, then maybe you should not be talking.

Insulting someone's point of view, who has a story to tell that is relative to the topic, when/if you indeed have no story relative to the topic, is like a scrawny nerd walking into a Gym and telling people who are working out that they are weak, because he read about someone stronger in the Nutrition magazine.

Your insults are all empty, you all have nothing, just a bunch of parroted info you read here or read there.

Where are YOUR stories on the topic?
Thanks. I had a Lotus Elise that I loved, and it was the best handling car I ever owned. I spent a lot of time in it on both street and track, and I managed to beat many C6 Z06s in the SCCA SS class of the day on various SCCA autocross courses, generally the tighter ones. I also owned a C6 Z06 at the same time, so back to back comparisons were frequent.

However, my FE vs. ME story is completely irrelevant to the discussion of whether GM should continue with or bring back the FE. How'd I do?

Last edited by Foosh; 06-09-2019 at 05:06 PM.
bbbvettes.com (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 04:57 PM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Foosh
Thanks. I had a Lotus Elise that I loved, and it was the best handling car I ever owned. I spent a lot of time in it on both street and track, and I managed to beat many C6 Z06s on various SCCA autocross courses in the SCCA SS class of the day, generally the tighter ones. I also owned a C7 Z06 at the same time, so back to back comparisons were frequent.

However, my FE vs. ME story is completely irrelevant to the discussion of whether GM should continue with or bring back the FE. How'd I do?
I don't think it is irrelevant to this discussion at all, you once had a mid-engine car that out-performed other front engine cars, and now you own a front engine car and got out of the mid-engine car... that is the fact... so there's something useful in that story isn't there? You made a choice, and the ME did not win... so let's keep discussing.

Probably more useful info in there if we got the longer versions.

I almost bought a lotus exige back in the day, i had the idea that if it were suped-up it would kill anything on the road. Hennessey apparently thought the same and released their car a year later...

I know a guy who has one of those Hennessey cars, but I have not driven one yet. Have you ever driven one? What years did you have your Elise?

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-09-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Nope, haven't, and still not relevant to this thread, but I owned my Elise between 05-10. I got rid of the Z06 first because I much preferred the Lotus. Selling the Lotus was the worst car sales decision I've ever made, but I've always had a problem with wanting new and different cars, every 2-4 years.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:10 PM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Foosh
Nope, haven't, and still not relevant to this thread, but I owned my Elise between 05-10.

alright, go back to insulting each other's points of view.

Every thread on corvette forum may as well be a Poll... everyone votes their opinion...

and then the rest of the thread is you guys insulting each other.

Moderators should be advised, that is all that YOU GUYS want to have occur here, and if any newcomers match your style, you try to get them banned since they are new and you are not.

Enjoy yourselves. You guys make a lot of us hate this place.... as you pretend your insults for each other and toward anyone new who walks into a thread, cause the rest of us to be impressed with you.

Thanks for the short sarcasm above. You win big man.

And you guys are so insecure, that when a stranger joins and tells a story or has a concern about something on their car, instead of talking to them and teaching them kindly, you guys just want to make sure everyone knows they are stupid, and their story meant they were bragging and it was all a lie... because like it or not... YOU GUYS are the ones with the ego problem and are too insecure to endure any of that for more than 30 seconds before the insults have to fly out of your mouths and fingertips.

Back to nonstop insults... have fun.

You guys are superstars.

I'll start another thread where people tell useful stories... do me a favor... when this one gets closed... please stay here. And enjoy reading your insults for each other over and over....

no need to copy and paste them into the next thread.

We got the idea, you are all idiots with no useful stories to any topic, you said so yourself, understood, message absorbed.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-09-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:16 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Enjoy yourselves. You guys make a lot of us hate this place.
If IRC in your last incarnation on this site you made a whole lot of people hate you--to the point that you disappeared. What goes around comes around, eh?
vetteman41960 (06-09-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Front engine future

Old 06-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

alright, go back to insulting each other's points of view.

Every thread on corvette forum may as well be a Poll... everyone votes their opinion...

and then the rest of the thread is you guys insulting each other.

Moderators should be advised, that is all that YOU GUYS want to have occur here.

Enjoy yourselves. You guys make a lot of us hate this place.... as you pretend your insults for each other and anyone who walks into a thread cause us to be impressed with you.

Thanks for the short sarcasm above. You win big man.

And you guys are so insecure, that when a stranger joins and tells a story or has a concern about something on their car, instead of talking to them and teaching them kindly, you guys just want to make sure everyone knows they are stupid, and their story meant they were bragging and it was all a lie.

Back to nonstop insults... have fun.

You guys are superstars.
As a relatively recent arrival here, you seem completely unaware of the long history with PCMIII and his running mate who has been MIA of late. He's been floating crazy predictions here for quite some time, long before you arrived. Many were kind and tried to reason with him initially, but he is the one who began with the flaming insults when any rational person tried to reason with him. He seems to enjoy painting himself into a corner, and then lashing out at the rest of the world when he finds himself trapped.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-09-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:26 PM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

id recommend ignoring him....

because you did not impress me, you made me simply want to ignore you also.

But the root problem is, insults have become so common, that useful stories are now "frowned upon" by the community, as "bragging"

... just another insult from you guys.

"what did you learn on corvette forum?"

"well, I learned why everyone who owns or likes corvettes is an idiot, and no one had time to teach us anything useful in most threads, because they wanted to make sure no one forgot the other guy was an idiot"

See you guys next thread, have fun, im out on this one.

I might have been the only one with a useful story huh... about how FE aren't at their limit at 750hp?

If I'm a loser... what does that make you guys?

And then when you started telling your story, I genuinely had an interest in it, but YOU said YOU have no stories useful to this thread.

DING DING DING!! Then why are you here typing if you believe that?!

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-09-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:31 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Please ignore me. I'm going to have to do the same with you it appears.

Quick Reply: Front engine future