Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The C7 after the C8

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com
and now you are agreeing with me... removing the convertible stations would impact production. Thus there is no reason to remove the stations. Thus there is no reason to stop ordering for the verts, it's easier to let them be built.

We agree.

but meanwhile, GM is pulling the plug on ordering verts... which means... like it or not... they NEEDED to remove those stations.... for some reason... even though those stations removals is inconvenient to the c7 coupe production... there was a greater good behind the hassle

and that was my clue... that all of c7 production is not ending within 3 weeks of vert and coup... instead, I think coupe will continue for a while longer past the verts, since GM is going through the trouble of removing only select stations and interrupting the line. I think ordering may continue longer on the coupe based on these clues.

That was the point of my first post.

"i think i can... i think i can.. i think i can..."

I GET IT NOW!
Mike
Did you ever wonder why no one on the forum will give you the time of day or respect anything you post?

It because you treat people like crap.

BBB still waiting for an answer why you never had one post until Mike C7 got the boot?

That's because you can't give a real answer.

It won't be long and you will get the boot again .

Not even your claim to be a emerging vendor will.protect you once the mods figure out your still the same dick as you were when posting as Irun4cop & Mike C7

Bottom line I doubt any tooling would need to be removed as they all come down same line.

So maybe there station that nothing happen when a coupe goes past a vert station .

One thing I do know it you don't know **** as you claim BG was running 2 separate line one for vert and one for coupe but as always your wrong again.

Can't wait until enough people get sick of your shirt and let mods know with every post your the same old Mike .
Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 AM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
There are many other reasons why vert orders have come to an end earlier than the coupe. As I alluded to earlier, it is most likely due to parts supplier agreements and not wanting to extend parts orders beyond what they currently have contracted for.

You are jumping to a conclusion that stopping the convertible orders is because they "NEEDED" to remove those stations. For reasons already stated, that just isn't necessary.
Correct, that's an option that everyone was already aware of and a believed in before I wrote my post, that's the other side of the coin toss.

The option i pointed out is the other side of the coin toss, and it's not the coincidence everyone assumes it is.

I made new conversation.

Instead of saying "interesting, thats an option too i suppose"

you and Vetteman want to insinuate I don't know how a car building assembly line works.

You guys have no clue how insulting your posts are. I think you guys would be wise to go back and re-read. If someone wants to make me out to be a fool when I am not being one... it's hard for me not to then show them where they were the fool from my perspective in return

Parts... GM has to have parts to give to cars that get in wrecks, via their parts departments.

GM always has parts.

If I'm GM and i have people ordering cars, I'm going to use those parts, build cars, and simultaneously order more parts when I start getting low... I'm always ordering more parts from my suppliers to sell to my dealers.

When I don't have any parts, its called national backorder, and its a bad thing... I have to pay dealerships labor costs to house and store cars with warranty work, while they are waiting on parts. People can lemon law their cars if the cars sit in shops for over 30 days due to the backorder, so now I GM just lost a fortune. Thus, I'm always ordering new parts from my suppliers, whenever supplies get low.

I don't keep parts in my warehouse to collect them... I have them to sell. If people want to order cars that use those parts... that's a good thing. That means I just made money. That's why I buy the parts from my suppliers in the first place, so that I can sell them to someone else for more money than I paid for them.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-12-2019 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:48 AM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
Mike
Did you ever wonder why no one on the forum will give you the time of day or respect anything you post?

It because you treat people like crap.

BBB still waiting for an answer why you never had one post until Mike C7 got the boot?

That's because you can't give a real answer.

It won't be long and you will get the boot again .

Not even your claim to be a emerging vendor will.protect you once the mods figure out your still the same dick as you were when posting as Irun4cop & Mike C7

Bottom line I doubt any tooling would need to be removed as they all come down same line.

So maybe there station that nothing happen when a coupe goes past a vert station .

One thing I do know it you don't know **** as you claim BG was running 2 separate line one for vert and one for coupe but as always your wrong again.

Can't wait until enough people get sick of your shirt and let mods know with every post your the same old Mike .
Mike is friends with the people on the forum that he wants to be friends with, behind the scenes. I too am friends with people on the forum who I want to be. Believe it or not, some have boycotted the forum since he was booted for the wheel thread. If you paid attention, you would notice who they are.

Contrary to what you might think, a lot of people laugh that all you tried to do was counter Mike's posts, and now you wish to counter me as if you are my superior. These people know myself and Mike are good guys in real life, and know a thing or 2 about these cars.

We associate with the aftermarket vendors a lot. If you scroll my phone, you will see where I speak to the big shops about troubleshooting problems almost every other day. Mike may have mentioned it, but I was the one who explained to callaway about the p228c code and what was causing it, they were receptive, and within months of that convo, they went out and started retuning their cars. I called them because I knew they would be having the problem as well. Other shops call me as well to run ideas past me. I call them to give them ideas for new products or solutions. We understand these cars.

I have built a lot of high hp vettes. How many have you built? What problems are you solving, and for who?

Who are your friends here?

Please stop throwing stones from your glass house.

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-12-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:16 AM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by bbbvettes.com
Mike is friends with the people on the forum he wants to be, behind the scenes. I too am friends with people on the forum who I want to be. Believe it or not, some have boycotted the forum since he was booted for the wheel thread. If you paid attention, you would notice who they are.

Contrary to what you might think, a lot of people laugh that all you do is try to counter us as if you are our superior. They know myself and Mike are good guys in real life, and know a thing or 2 about these cars.

We associate with the aftermarket vendors a lot. If you scroll my phone, you will see where I speak to the big shops about troubleshooting problems almost every other day. They call me. I call them to give them ideas for new products. We understand these cars.

I have built a lot of high hp vettes. How many have you built? What problems are you solving, and for who?

Who are your friends here?
Still no answer why BBB never posted until you got the boot under the C7z name.

I buy what I like so no I don't need to mod my cars short of maybe wheels and exhaust.

I see no need to Mod my 16 Callaway SC757 Z07 other than new wheels and I had Callaway install a Ron Davis racing radiator for better cooling.

I also have no need to Mod my 15 Ferrari 458 other than exhaust.

If your such an expert does not look like your doing any business.

Your treads started under BBB have 1 OR 2 post by anyone other than you.

Your problem is you PM me made threats claimed to be a GOD and never had the ***** to apologize for the threats and nasty PM to a perfect stranger.

It's was clear you where either on drugs or drunk as that clear by your PM.

So AGAIN how come you never posted prior to Mike getting the boot and now you post at record pace if your not the same guy who posted under MikeC7

You won't answer this because your the same guy who been banned two times already.

But you won't man up and admit what everyone already know that Mike and BBB and Irun are all.the same.

So much for your integrity but to some being honest does not come easy.

Guys like you always looking to screw someone or some company.

Sure hope no one stupid enough to do business with someone who has to use false name on a open forum.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:33 AM
0bbbvettes.com
Former Vendor

Irun was banned because, while he was on a temporary suspension, someone else at his family business at the same "ip address" created an account with their email.

The forum interpreted it as he was creating another name, when in reality, it was one of several of his family members... who also own corvettes themselves, and did not have an account yet, and wanted to reach out to someone Irun had been emailing back and forth, for an important business matter.

He and his family all used to all use the 1 account. But when it was suspended, one of the other members of the family decided to finally make their own account. This resulted in both of them being banned forever.

So there is your reason Irun was permanently banned, as was his father for creating an account, who also owns a corvette, and has owned close to 30 in his lifetime. They were accused of being the same person.

Mike's ban was the wheel thread, which you said yourself, taught you that your wheels indeed have an issue.

So please, don't accuse me of poor integrity, when the 2 people who you are trying to link me to personally, they probably aren't that bad of people are they?

If someone targeted you, like you targeted Mike, and are now targetting me, how would you react?

Last edited by bbbvettes.com; 06-12-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:35 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by 50th year
I for one think that the C8 is going to be a disappointment for GM. Sales will be flat at best. I see to many hurdles to over come. At least for the short term. I hope I am wrong. Just my opinion
And while I like the C7, I once liked the C4 a long, long time ago (it was badly needed at the time to carry the flag), my belief is that it now becomes the C4 analog to the C8: a good car at the time that carried the flag for the time being until something great could be delivered. Twenty years from now, the C7 is an ugly footnote, most particularly that monstrosity of a ZR1. Just hideous.

And one opinion is pretty much the same as another - one nose - one vote.

YMMV
Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 AM
Rinaldo Catria
Drifting

Received 729 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
And while I like the C7, I once liked the C4 a long, long time ago (it was badly needed at the time to carry the flag), my belief is that it now becomes the C4 analog to the C8: a good car at the time that carried the flag for the time being until something great could be delivered. Twenty years from now, the C7 is an ugly footnote, most particularly that monstrosity of a ZR1. Just hideous.

And one opinion is pretty much the same as another - one nose - one vote.

YMMV
As you said, we are all entitled to our opinions. Fortunately, for those that feel as you do, there is ample supply of C1’s and C2’s out there looking for new homes. Personally, I love looking at them, they are beautiful and bring me back to my youth, but as far as driving experience, handling, and power goes, they pail in comparison to the latest offerings. I’ll give you one point: “THE ZR1 is a MONSTER”.. but the kind of monster that is a thrill to drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rinaldo Catria:
CorvetteBrent (06-13-2019), rob62 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:58 AM
SASprof
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 93 Posts

I’m not into crystal ball gazing, when it’s too easy to just kick back and see what REALLY happens. The C8 may be a rip-roaring success, a total bust, or, more likely, somewhere in between. No need to play MAYBE games. The actual future will arrive soon enough, as it always does.

Personally, when I got the news, in mid-April, re the last of the C7s, I knew exactly what to do. I traded my 2014 for a new 2019. By late May, I had a new C7 in my garage with 0 miles (OK, 6), 0 years, and a new 7-year extended warranty. So I’m set. No need to play what-if games re the C8. I will, however, watch the new C8 with great interest. If I like what I see, I’ll buy one when it suits me. If not, I’ll continue to enjoy my fabulous C7. Life is good.

Last edited by SASprof; 06-12-2019 at 09:01 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SASprof:
CorvetteBrent (06-13-2019), jimsragtop (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 AM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,199 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
Twenty years from now, the C7 is an ugly footnote, most particularly that monstrosity of a ZR1. Just hideous.
Why even care what happens to a toy in 20 years? Live life for today, tomorrow may never come....
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 867 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSKY
Why even care what happens to a toy in 20 years? Live life for today, tomorrow may never come....
"We'll take the most from living
Have pleasure while we can" --- Grass Roots
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,152 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Originally Posted by 50th year
I for one think that the C8 is going to be a disappointment for GM. Sales will be flat at best. I see to many hurdles to over come. At least for the short term. I hope I am wrong. Just my opinion
Well.... GM thinks you're wrong... they hired an entire 2nd shift to build the things. I've never bought a new car, but I've put off a new truck purchase and have a deposit in at two dealers for the C8.
The following 3 users liked this post by RapidC84B:
bbbvettes.com (06-12-2019), CorvetteBrent (06-13-2019), WalterSobchak (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:05 AM
CSevenGS
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Why on earth are there still discussions as to whether the C7 FE is dead. What part of, The Last C7 built is being auctioned off (not built yet) on 28 Jun. While the exact date isn't known, that date will not be far off. They aren't making a "C7.5". They are making a C8 and stopping C7. These threads (and there are more than a few) are pointless endeavors in utter futility.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...vette-auction/

Last edited by CSevenGS; 06-12-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Wanderlust (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:15 AM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Received 2,088 Likes on 906 Posts

SORRY, You are SO WRONG.

I am willing to have a cash bet with anyone who thinks the C8 will not sell gangbusters.

I have a PERFECT track record for predicting sales successes and failures in the sports car market. My past predictions in online forums were :

I predicted in 2012 the at the 2013 5th generation Dodge Viper would dismally fail and have huge problems selling = 150% correct
I predicted in 2017 that the new 2017 Acura NSX would be a very slow seller and not sell more than 2000 units a year = 100% correct
I predicted in 2017 that the dodge demon would sell out quickly despite the $100K price tag = 100% correct
I predicted that the Alfa Romeo 4C would be a extremely slow seller and not sell more than 1000 units a year = 150% correct
I predicted that the Nissan GT-R would be a slow seller and not sell ore than 2500 units a year = 100% correct

It NOT that hard to predict which car will be a hit and which will be a loser.

I predict that the 2020 Corvette will outsell the C7 even despite not having a manual transmission and despite most likely having a a modest price increase of $7,000 from C7.

I predict that comparing yearly sales/production numbers, the C8 will outsell the C7 by at least 10% and even in best case scenario possibly has high as 30% more sales compared to the C7.

I expect the C8 to sell around 40,000 cars the first full 12 months of production, and the numbers may possibly in best case scenario go as high as 55,000 the first year.

AND I predict this despite a shrinking sports car market as more consumers are moving towards sporty SUV's.
CorvetteBrent (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:26 AM
RJ-19
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

GM will continue selling C7 Corvettes well beyond 7.18.19...
"Certified Used" at your local GM dealer...
The following 2 users liked this post by RJ-19:
CorvetteBrent (06-13-2019), NytmereZ (06-15-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:29 AM
PCMIII
Melting Slicks

Received 867 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by CSevenGS
They aren't making a "C7.5". They are making a C8 and stopping C7.
So you work at GM or someone there told you this?
Old 06-12-2019, 10:43 AM
krazyKanuck
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kratedisease
SORRY, You are SO WRONG.

I am willing to have a cash bet with anyone who thinks the C8 will not sell gangbusters.

I have a PERFECT track record for predicting sales successes and failures in the sports car market. My past predictions in online forums were :

I predicted in 2012 the at the 2013 5th generation Dodge Viper would dismally fail and have huge problems selling = 150% correct
I predicted in 2017 that the new 2017 Acura NSX would be a very slow seller and not sell more than 2000 units a year = 100% correct
I predicted in 2017 that the dodge demon would sell out quickly despite the $100K price tag = 100% correct
I predicted that the Alfa Romeo 4C would be a extremely slow seller and not sell more than 1000 units a year = 150% correct
I predicted that the Nissan GT-R would be a slow seller and not sell ore than 2500 units a year = 100% correct

I predict that the 2020 Corvette will outsell the C7 even despite not having a manual transmission and despite most likely having a a modest price increase of $7,000 from C7.

I predict that comparing yearly sales/production numbers, the C8 will outsell the C7 by at least 10% and even in best case scenario possibly has high as 30% more sales compared to the C7.

I expect the C8 to sell around 40,000 cars the first full 12 months of production, and the numbers may possibly in best case scenario go as high as 55,000 the first year.

AND I predict this despite a shrinking sports car market as more consumers are moving towards sporty SUV's.
This should be obvious to anyone with a brain. The amount of pent-up demand for a mid engine Corvette far outweights any loss of demand from FE die-hards on an internet forum.
NytmereZ (06-15-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:45 AM
krazyKanuck
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMIII
So you work at GM or someone there told you this?
I'm curious, other than trolling, what is the reason to believe something that is, while possible, so extremely unlikely? No rational person could reasonably believe that GM would produce anything other than mid engine C8 corvettes once the C7 is dead.
Corgidog1 (06-27-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To The C7 after the C8

Old 06-12-2019, 10:56 AM
bgspot
Burning Brakes

Received 285 Likes on 159 Posts

Another troll, another dumb thread....

And i'm just as dumb for even reading and posting in it
The following 3 users liked this post by bgspot:
d16dcoe45 (06-13-2019), krazyKanuck (06-12-2019), RapidC84B (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:58 AM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Received 2,088 Likes on 906 Posts

SORRY, You are SO WRONG.

Oh, and I also predict that the manual transmission C7 used inventory will hold their residual values much much better over the next 10 years than the automatic C7 cars. I say this since 70% of C7 are auto, and once the manual stick is extinct in Corvette production, and despite that there will NEVER be a shortage of manual trans C7 cars ( 25 thousand were made over several years) ,the manual will become the most desirable option. Currently manual C7's get less resale value than autos, but this will reverse within 5 years.
Corgidog1 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,887 Posts

Oh, and I also predict that the manual transmission C7 used inventory will hold their residual values much much better over the next 10 years than the automatic C7 cars. I say this since 70% of C7 are auto, and once the manual stick is extinct in Corvette production, and despite that there will NEVER be a shortage of manual trans C7 cars ( 25 thousand were made over several years) ,the manual will become the most desirable option. Currently manual C7's get less resale value than autos, but this will reverse within 5 years.
You forgot to mention the coveted by some, C7 convertible M7s.

Quick Reply: The C7 after the C8