Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reveal

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 11:34 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

I don't see any issue with the way the reveal is planned out. The fact that individual dealerships can sign up for the road show is a really smart idea. I am looking forward to Kerbeck's "reveal" to see it in person.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:49 PM
BigF6B
Drifting

Received 564 Likes on 402 Posts
Default Reveal

Does anyone know if we will be able to stream the reveal live?...I'm in Florida so I know it'll be around 11pm. before they take the wraps off the car...I'd really like to watch it live.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:09 PM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,034 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSKY
Space is limited....

Who's the marketing genius that decided this very significant reveal should be held at some tiny venue? If GM really wants to break out of the mold of stodgy old car company does yet another stodgy old car reveal reserved for VIP's and industry butt kisser's then they should have held this thing in the largest outdoor venue possible, crank up the rock music, have a couple of military flyovers and make it a true spectacle. It is in the middle of summer, weather is ideal, people are on vacation anyway and nothing would have been bigger and better than to have a few hundred thousand Corvette enthusiasts present, along with their cars, to make this and event something everyone would want to see.

It also seems like a huge missed opportunity to provide the ultimate thank you for the people that have made the brand what it is today - THE CORVETTE CUSTOMER. Not just a few select customers but hundreds of thousands of customers. Something on the scale that only a car like Corvette could even pull off. I guess the marketing department at GM just didn't want to bother. Oh well, that's how the wheels at big corporate america turn these days.....
Amen. We are witnessing the most botched reveal in North American automotive history. Time for Mary Barra to start collecting her retirement checks.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:43 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by BigF6B
Does anyone know if we will be able to stream the reveal live?...I'm in Florida so I know it'll be around 11pm. before they take the wraps off the car...I'd really like to watch it live.
Yes, the live-stream will be available to all. Corvette watch parties are being organized large and small by many, including Corvette clubs and others.
The following users liked this post:
DebRedZR1 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 11:04 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

The reveal as disclosed above is exactly what it should be. It is critical to control the attendees and how they influence not only each other but the media as well. Big attendance events can quickly go down an unanticipated and uncontrollable path once you pass maybe a couple hundred attendees.

After the grand reveal up on a multiple level and likely angled stage with at least one or two or three actual startup and drive on segments accompanied by commentary by Tadge and other key players, the several hundred attendees will then be shepherded through closeup viewing areas in small controllable groups of maybe 20 to 50.

Each group will only get to do one such guided viewing. There might be up to four such identical viewing areas with up to three cars on view in each, but again each group of viewers will only go to one such relatively close up viewing area. After that, the event will pretty much be over although some media would likely get more extensive viewing and even Q&A sessions and maybe even actually sit behind the wheel.

For the non key media attendees, think controllable, highly choreographed, visually and aurally impactful, and then over before any extended possible visits to the world of negative commentary as in, “let me be somewhat negative to convey my true level of automotive brilliance to all those fortunate enough to be standing near me.”

The streaming event will be stunning and rewarding and all of it will be tremendously expensive but well worth it in terms of a successful launch event, likely the most important launch event in Corvette history.

Last edited by B747VET; 06-28-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:13 AM
FringbirdAloha
Burning Brakes

Received 729 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSKY
I wouldn't quote you again except I would just like the record to reflect that you said Miley should be the star of the show not me. I also said nothing about hiring a rock band I said blast some rock music. Have you heard that something like this can be done from a recording with no live band needed? You are also the one that is using words like coerce. Partnering with the military on major industry events is nothing new and something they actually like to participate in. Specifically if it is being viewed by a very large audience. It is a patriotic thing to do, shows support for the military and is hardly something subversive. I have no idea why you felt compelled to take it in that direction. Corvette is an American icon and I highly doubt the military would object to be associated with it. I guess you feel differently in that regard.

One of the Fortune 50 companies I worked for threw some decent customer events. The largest of which was for 75,000 of them each year. Bill just happened to be a featured guest speaker one year. He was slotted in at the very end of the three day event. You want to know how many of the 75,000 or so in attendance showed up? Just over 73,000 filled the venue. These were customers from all verticals and from countries across the globe. I think Bill did a pretty good job of putting butts in the seats. His session was only supposed to go for 1 hour. He stayed and chatted for nearly two. Just for the sake of clarification I am not suggesting Bill be the featured speaker for the launch of the C8. For some odd reason you brought him up.

I'm not sure why my idea of creating more of a spectacle for the launch of GM's new toy bother's you at all. Specifically when the basis for the idea of making it larger centers around the ability for more people that actually want to be attendance could be. I think this particular vehicle is special and this event is a once in a lifetime event. Specifically for the Corvette faithful and I know there are a lot of them that would attend this historic event in person if they could. Just so they could say they were there.
Waste of money. Glad GM is doing it correctly.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:19 AM
FringbirdAloha
Burning Brakes

Received 729 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by C2C3C4C6
Who cares? We will all get to see it eventually just hope the moonies running GM haven't messed up the Corvette...they very well may have.
Those of us under 35 are really excited to see Corvette finally become the car it deserves to be.
The following users liked this post:
RedMercy (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 06:13 PM
corvettemuseum
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 320 Likes on 88 Posts

We have posted a few more sets of C8 Reveal tickets on eBay - they are Buy It Now instead of an auction. It is a fundraiser for the Museum, a 501c3 nonprofit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113801957497
Old 06-29-2019, 06:46 PM
Idaho Mark
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
^^^ what JAG said! Everyone can view the live Stream, not have to fight all those people to get a close up view, and The General will be displaying it all over ! I’ll have fun with all my Friends watching at once.
They revealed the ZR in Dubai so should I film a video why wasn’t I invited.
That kind of takes the Black Friday energy out of it. Looks like I’ll have to watch WWF reruns to see some crazy fans going nuts. After I watch the new C8 stream live.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:04 AM
godzilladude
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 51 Posts

Is there a link for the Reveal, so we can watch it online?? I hadn't seen one posted.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:11 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by godzilladude
Is there a link for the Reveal, so we can watch it online?? I hadn't seen one posted.
GM hasn't provided that information yet, but they will at some point.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

With GM marketing calling the shots...I don't expect much.

Quick Reply: Reveal