Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to watch the reveal?

Old 07-07-2019, 06:15 PM
jimmyb
CF Senior Member

Received 1,443 Likes on 740 Posts

^^^^^
And THIS has what to do with how to watch the reveal on 7/18????

Seriously? Punky brings up PORSCHE (for some insane reason) in a thread that asked a SIMPLE question:
"WHERE CAN WE WATCH THE REVEAL?"

BTW, saying every Porsche owner is a douchebag is like...oh, let's see.....maybe saying every Corvette owner is a fat old man.....just thinking out loud here....

Mods...Lock this thing, it's ridiculous.

Last edited by jimmyb; 07-07-2019 at 06:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jimmyb:
RedMercy (07-07-2019), vndkshn (07-07-2019)
Old 07-07-2019, 07:33 PM
RedMercy
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Idaho Mark View Post
A while back I noted in a thread about the great German sports car. That some were on a Corvette board talking up like the best thing that ever hit the road with a set of tires. I said that the German cars are not worth the price about them but many times to snobs that want to impress the world. Not that long ago I bought my wife an S Class that had the AMG package on it. The car was a dealership shop *****, with The A, The B, The C, The D taking over the dashboard for another dealership shop callings. That didnít include the Code calls to the dealership shop. In fairness it was fun to drive and was fast but when the mileage started getting a little over 50,000 I knew the time was ripe to dump it. It was like a boat, 2 happy days, getting it and unloading it. Was the very worst car I ever bought money wise, just pissed money into a black hole. Whenever I see someone driving a German car, idiot and loser come to mind. I have been driving Corvettes from the time I have been 16 years old, my momís at that time. At 18 I got my own and have owned a Corvette/s all my life. I can buy whatever I like, I go to the dealer and write a check. I had a girlfriend years back that had a 930, what a POS, always having issues and I would not let her park in the driveway but had her park on the grass. The POS leaked oil and the dealer could not plug it. It only had about 16,000 miles and was under warranty. At the time I had 3 Corvettes and she loved driving my 1972 which was fast and kind of loud, ďthrillingĒ she called it. I have a friend that is a very big in the car business that calls P drivers the Worst douchesí to deal with, even more so than BMW drivers. Tell me thatís not a royal slam from someone in the know. Thatís my reality in this world we live in. I would never go to a P site and talk Corvettes because that would be a low class kind of thing because, different cars for different folks.
I had a fair share of Mercedes and Bmwís. Never had the problems you talked about though. They were very very reliable. And cheap to maintain too. But again, this was in Europe, where Iím sure the prices are different than in here. My Mercedes almost reached 3 million km before I sold it to a taxi company for 5 thousand euros. Done usual maintenance. And the biggest problem it had was a head casket that I replaced, not bad I would say. The bmws has some minor problems, like the silent blocks that needed replacing every other year. Although they were cheap. And Particle Filters on some diesel models, that can easily be solved by removing it and remapping the ecu ao it doesnít show a error code. Iím sorry but yours wasnít reliable, Iím just sharing my experience with these brands, never owned an American car yet to compare to. But as long as you maintain them properly they should last a long time.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Idaho Mark
CF Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

That was a different car in those days and what you say is in fact true. Which is why I bought a new S Class. After owning one I came to understand the new cars are computer POS that do nothing but milk the owners, my opinion.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:56 PM
RedMercy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Idaho Mark View Post
That was a different car in those days and what you say is in fact true. Which is why I bought a new S Class. After owning one I came to understand the new cars are computer POS that do nothing but milk the owners, my opinion.
Well, since I havenít owned a new one, I wonít agree or disagree with you. And I believe that that happened to you. The more systems you load into a car the higher chance it has of something going wrong.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:56 PM
dreamr616
CF Senior Member

Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by RedMercy View Post
Iím so exited for this. But unfortunately Iím in no position of owning one atm. But as a engineer and car enthusiast, being able to experience it through other people in this forum kinda makes me feel warm and cozy inside lol. I donít know anything about cars and coffee or car meetings. Is there such a thing? Even for someone who doesnít own a corvette? I would like to just see them in person, talk about it, make friends. Iím from Michigan. And thank everyone who replied to this thread. I had already subscribed to the corvette news page thingy. But for some reason I got no notifications whatsoever. Iíll try it again.
Where you located in MI?
Old 07-07-2019, 08:04 PM
RedMercy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dreamr616 View Post
Where you located in MI?
Royal oak area. 20 min from Detroit
Old 07-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Tom73
CF Senior Member

Received 315 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
^^^^^
And THIS has what to do with how to watch the reveal on 7/18????

Seriously? Punky brings up PORSCHE (for some insane reason) in a thread that asked a SIMPLE question:
"WHERE CAN WE WATCH THE REVEAL?"

BTW, saying every Porsche owner is a douchebag is like...oh, let's see.....maybe saying every Corvette owner is a fat old man.....just thinking out loud here....

Mods...Lock this thing, it's ridiculous.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:54 PM
1 HOT 07
CF Senior Member

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

I belong to a Corvette Club in Phoenix and we are meeting at our sponsoring dealership for an unveiling party. Can't wait to see the real deal.

Cheers
The following 3 users liked this post by 1 HOT 07:
jdvann (07-07-2019), ReddyZ06 (07-08-2019), RedMercy (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 10:17 AM
ShagVette
CF Senior Member

Received 445 Likes on 237 Posts

Old 07-08-2019, 10:41 AM
[email protected]
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 198 Likes on 66 Posts

The late Zora Arkus-Duntov, the father of the Chevrolet Corvette, had a vision for a mid-engine Corvette. That vision will come to life the evening of July 18, 2019, in Orange County, California, and the world can watch the reveal via livestream from the comfort of their own homes.

The livestream opens at 7:30 p.m. PDT/10:30 p.m. EDT on July 18 and can be accessed through media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette​, which also will be sent out on Chevrolet's social media channels. The stream will include Corvette video footage, a hosted preshow and the reveal presentation. It will be available for viewing across the globe, in all seven continents.

ďThere is a large contingent of Corvette fans across the world waiting for the reveal of the Next Generation. We're happy to give these fans, and all sports car enthusiasts, a way to see and learn about the vehicle at the same time as those participating live in California," said Barry Engle, executive vice president and president, the Americas, GM. ďViewers will hear directly from Chevrolet leadership, engineering and some special guests about the highlights and background of this first mid-engine Corvette."​

Mark your calendar and invite your customers!

Lowest Prices on Chevrolet, GMC, Buick and Cadillac Protection Plans (GMEPP) by GM.

Great deals on new Chevrolet cars and trucks. Serving every State!

Denny Menholt Chevrolet
3000 King Ave W, Billings MT 59102
[email protected]
406-672-5690 Cell Phone
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (07-08-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 02:11 PM
dreamr616
CF Senior Member

Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by RedMercy View Post
Royal oak area. 20 min from Detroit
There are two "Corvette-Only" shows coming up in the southeast MI area that you might enjoy going to.

The first is in Canton on July 13th. It's called "Corvettes at the Summit" (http://www.corvettesatthesummit.com/).

The second show is next month (Aug 10th) in Clarkston at the Everest Academy (http://www.corvettesamerica.org/Corv...sAmerica1.html).

Both shows will have a LOT of Corvettes to view. The Clarkston event is billed as the largest Corvette show in MI and usually has anywhere from 200-250 Corvettes on display. Lots of great people at both who really enjoy talking cars, especially Corvettes. If you have the time, I think it would be worthwhile and fun to attend either (or both) shows. Hope to see you there!
Old 07-08-2019, 07:52 PM
timmyZ06
CF Senior Member

Received 231 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The late Zora Arkus-Duntov, the father of the Chevrolet Corvette, had a vision for a mid-engine Corvette. That vision will come to life the evening of July 18, 2019, in Orange County, California, and the world can watch the reveal via livestream from the comfort of their own homes.

The livestream opens at 7:30 p.m. PDT/10:30 p.m. EDT on July 18 and can be accessed through media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette​, which also will be sent out on Chevrolet's social media channels. The stream will include Corvette video footage, a hosted preshow and the reveal presentation. It will be available for viewing across the globe, in all seven continents.

ďThere is a large contingent of Corvette fans across the world waiting for the reveal of the Next Generation. We're happy to give these fans, and all sports car enthusiasts, a way to see and learn about the vehicle at the same time as those participating live in California," said Barry Engle, executive vice president and president, the Americas, GM. ďViewers will hear directly from Chevrolet leadership, engineering and some special guests about the highlights and background of this first mid-engine Corvette."​

Mark your calendar and invite your customers!
wow thank you!!
even if im a Porsche owner, ill watch the reveal with a lot of good faith that will be badass!! here, everyone's that doesn't own a corvette, says that owner buys corvette to compensate a small wiener, and Porsche owners are rich douchebag, i will have both and im neither!!

Last edited by timmyZ06; 07-08-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:21 PM
SoCalDDP
CF Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I read

"livestream will start 7:30 pm PDT/10:30 PM EDT on July 18th and can be accessed through media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette"
Old 07-09-2019, 02:59 PM
AORoads
CF Senior Member

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Yep, from what I can tell today, first you go to the "media" url for Chev, then you click on something called the official site. Possibly something revealing will happen on that one. That's after you had this thread asking for info, jag's thread detailing info as of yesterday, etc. This gets a bit tedious if you ask me....to follow the trail of crumbs.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Pisswilly
CF Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06 View Post
wow thank you!!
even if im a Porsche owner, ill watch the reveal with a lot of good faith that will be badass!! here, everyone's that doesn't own a corvette, says that owner buys corvette to compensate a small wiener, and Porsche owners are rich douchebag, i will have both and im neither!!
Exactly what size is a small wiener?
Old 07-09-2019, 04:41 PM
starr1
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well said, thank you
Old 07-09-2019, 04:44 PM
starr1
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B747VET View Post
Why the need for derogatory and demeaning remarks and labels like “fanboy?” I have long been weary of the inability of some to simply respond with factual debate on differences of opinion instead of labeling and attacking those who like something other than the fiberglass Holy Grail. Sadly, many in our country now feel that labeling opponents with demeaning terms is a sign of leadership rather than a simple lack of intellectual gravitas.
Very well said
Old 07-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Steven Bell
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,638 Posts
St. Jude Donor'15

There you go, boys....I've cleaned up and deleted all of the Porsche and off topic BS. This is NOT a Porsche conversation...this thread is about where to watch the C8 reveal.

Now....please carry on.
The following users liked this post:
Michael A (07-09-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Mike's Sweet 19
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pheonix C8 reveal

Originally Posted by 1 HOT 07 View Post
I belong to a Corvette Club in Phoenix and we are meeting at our sponsoring dealership for an unveiling party. Can't wait to see the real deal.

Cheers
Hi there,
I am going to be in Chandler from 8/8 thru 8/14.
By any chance is the dealership you speak of going to do the reveal during my AZ dates?
Is it an open reveal where any Corvette owner can go?
You can PM me your answer if it is top secret.

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to watch the reveal?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: