Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9 days until I知 productive again

Old 07-10-2019, 09:24 AM
Corgidog1
CF Senior Member

Received 1,289 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by zland View Post
In 2013 I sold my C6 when I retired , moved to Bali to surf. The roads here narrow and congested. Yes, a few Ferraris, Porsches, and Lamborghinis around but no one seldom drives over 40 mph. Besides showing off , little reason to own a sports car . I drive a Honda scooter 95% of the time, my Suzuki Ignis 5% of the time due to traffic.

I gladly do without driving a nice car for being able to surf the best waves on the planet . With all that said, love cars and excited to see the C8. Really it isn't different than admiring the C2 when it was released when I was 7 years old . I couldn't own a C2 then, choose not to own a C8 now. Regardless, love cars. Attached, this week in Bali.

I壇 rather drive a C8 than surf. But kudos to you for following your dream.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:24 AM
bigwoolyg
CF Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 16 Posts

In 2013 I sold my C6 when I retired , moved to Bali to surf. The roads here narrow and congested. Yes, a few Ferraris, Porsches, and Lamborghinis around but no one seldom drives over 40 mph. Besides showing off , little reason to own a sports car . I drive a Honda scooter 95% of the time, my Suzuki Ignis 5% of the time due to traffic.

I gladly do without driving a nice car for being able to surf the best waves on the planet . With all that said, love cars and excited to see the C8. Really it isn't different than admiring the C2 when it was released when I was 7 years old . I couldn't own a C2 then, choose not to own a C8 now. Regardless, love cars. Attached, this week in Bali.

living the dream.. jealous as F

I'm a former owner who is still a fan at heart and I really want the C8 to kick ***, especially pcar ***.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Vonfido
CF Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 41 Posts

That wave is epic - whoooooohooo - now that makes driving a Corvette no big loss.Perfect left! Is that you lining up that bowl? You dont see many waves like that in Oceanside.
The following users liked this post:
zland (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 11:26 AM
ProfessorDeath
CF Senior Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
If you're not excited about a new generation, let alone the first mid-engine Corvette in history, you're not an "above average" Corvette lover.
Because I'm actually living my life instead of wetting my Depends and giving myself hypertension over the reveal of a car, I can't possibly be an above average Corvette lover? This is rich.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,337 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath View Post
Because I'm actually living my life instead of wetting my Depends and giving myself hypertension over the reveal of a car, I can't possibly be an above average Corvette lover? This is rich.
Not sure where adult diapers and hypertension comes in... but other than that.. yes.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM
WalterSobchak
CF Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

I feel like the people standing in line for concert tickets or Star wars when the first new one came out in 98 or 99 whenever it was. Very excited to see and but a car that's a revolution and not an evolution. I love all generations of Corvette, but this is something different for me. I get it that it means something different to every one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9 days until I知 productive again

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: