Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 to sell along side C8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 12:51 PM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,684 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Originally Posted by boostm2
Just read this in https://www.thedrive.com/news/28907/...the-nrburgring

"However, if you’re a fan of the classic front-engined Corvette, don’t fret. Chevrolet will allegedly sell the new C8 Corvette side-by-side next to the current C7, so the current model isn’t going anywhere just yet."

I thought production was finished on the C7s? Is this fake news, or am I misreading?
This is nothing new, for Corvettes or any automobile. Leftover (2019) C7 Corvettes will sell side-by-side with the new 2020 C8 Corvettes early in the C8 production cycle, until all leftover C7 inventory has been deleted. The author of the article is simply indicating there’s still time to get a FE C7 Corvette. I believe people are reading more into this than there really is.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:58 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

I'm going to take a pass on giving any credibility to this article... Why? The author has no actual idea of what they are saying. Check the basis of the statements made:
\

From what’s rumored, the new C8 Corvette is expected to jump right into supercar territory, supposedly boasting a new dual-overhead-cam V-8 (versus the traditional pushrod V-8), offering more horsepower at its highest trim than the current ZR1. There’s also a chance that an entry-level, twin-turbo V-6 might be on offer.

Word on the street also suggests that the new Corvette will gain a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic from Tremec and a possible 10-speed automatic co-developed by Ford and Chevrolet. Thus far, there’s no manual transmission in sight.

Solid, take it to the bank info.... *cough*

Originally Posted by boostm2
Just read this in https://www.thedrive.com/news/28907/...the-nrburgring

"However, if you’re a fan of the classic front-engined Corvette, don’t fret. Chevrolet will allegedly sell the new C8 Corvette side-by-side next to the current C7, so the current model isn’t going anywhere just yet."

I thought production was finished on the C7s? Is this fake news, or am I misreading?

Last edited by tcinla; 07-11-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:10 PM
air86
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

I love all the juicy gossip going. 1 more week to go until the beast is unvealed for us all to see although its leaked in full. First the rear and now a picture of what is the door. Only thing i'm waiting is on price.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:18 PM
General_TSO
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by air86
I love all the juicy gossip going. 1 more week to go until the beast is unvealed for us all to see although its leaked in full. First the rear and now a picture of what is the door. Only thing i'm waiting is on price.
I missed the photo of the door.. You got some of dat sauce?
Old 07-11-2019, 01:20 PM
FringbirdAloha
Burning Brakes

Received 729 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGadgetGuru
I wouldn't be surprised if there's both C8 FE and ME models. This would allow GM to hit a variety of price points.
Wrong.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
I am the Corvette Manager at a Chevrolet Dealership. Today is the last consensus cycle to order 2019 Corvettes. Production for C7 Corvette will end in September. That is it for the front engine Corvette. The last car built will be the car auctioned off at Barrett-Jackson which will be a ZO6 coupe black/red interior.

7-19-19 begins the new era the C8 Mid-Engine Corvette. Dealers will know their allocations for C8 on 7-19-19. Stay Tuned lots of new information coming on the C8 from Chevrolet!!

THANK YOU, Ed.....some civility and honestly in the C8 Community.

Originally Posted by CJ ******
Somebody who just paid $2.4MM for 'the last C7' is gonna file a lawsuit, if that's true.

Wrong...that money will be going to charity. The buyer knew what he was getting into before the auction. Plus, it was $2.7 million, not $2.4 million.
The following users liked this post:
boostm2 (07-11-2019)

Quick Reply: C7 to sell along side C8?