Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarScoops released the full, unblurred dashboard photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 11:17 AM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Anyone find the "AFM OFF" button?
Old 07-13-2019, 02:56 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by C7 Marc
These interior pictures aren’t what I was expecting. I was hoping for more of a hardcore mid engine performance car look. This to me looks more personal luxury car.
They’ll never get it right for everybody.

Do you like the C7 interior? Darned near perfect to me in 2LT trim. Many on this site complain it is not nice enough! They’re the ones excited the most about what they are seeing, I think.

It’s like a bell curve. If this is near the median of what the Vette market expects in the C8 (and still there in 5 years), it’s a resounding success regardless of what the “extremes” call for...
Old 07-13-2019, 03:04 PM
tcweidner
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

the only thing that worries me is the computer systems in these cars. We had a high end cadillac we basically gave away last year in a trade in because after 9 years its computer/ electrical system started going to hell(something very common) Everything else was fine but without a stable electronic system car became useless and even dangerous as it would simply shutoff while driving. Cars if taken care off as we know can last 50 years, but as any techy knows computers systems simply dont last often more than a decade. There is a reason you can go to barret jackson and buy high end mercedes and masseratti luxury cars for peanuts. Cars that look great with low mileage, often 10 to 15 years old, cars that sold new for 120-150k which you can get now for 25k all day long. Freaking computer and electric systems make these all just trouble waiting to strike.

I'm just curious as to what the future holds for these latest vettes, will they hold their value, or because of electronics, electronics that will fail before anything else does, do they prove to be trouble once they hit 10+years old?

Last edited by tcweidner; 07-13-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:29 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LuisZ51
Just as ugly as the rear imo.
U ain't lying. I still can't find one part of this car that I actually like. I'll await the real deal, but so far, nothing has even remotely gained my interest. Steering wheel is hideous and the interior layout............not sure what is going on there. But, I guess we shall see here in a few days.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Fast one
Safety Car

Received 348 Likes on 220 Posts

The steering wheel reminded me of this, a 1962 Imperial with push buttons too;
Old 07-13-2019, 03:31 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Redc7z06

You'll notice on some other pictures there was tape wrapped around the top of the steering wheel. In this picture we can see that there is something here but what?
That's for the drivers who aren't sure if they are going straight or if the wheel is turned. Kind of like a dummy marker.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by txapezl1
U ain't lying. I still can't find one part of this car that I actually like. I'll await the real deal, but so far, nothing has even remotely gained my interest. Steering wheel is hideous and the interior layout............not sure what is going on there. But, I guess we shall see here in a few days.
So, I guess you will be taking back your deposit at the dealer of your choice. Or, you never intended to buy a C8 in the first place.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

That's for the drivers who aren't sure if they are going straight or if the wheel is turned. Kind of like a dummy marker.
Well, the "dummy marker" is on all of the NASCAR cars.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:05 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Redc7z06

You'll notice on some other pictures there was tape wrapped around the top of the steering wheel. In this picture we can see that there is something here but what?
It would be so innovative for Corvette if that tapes hides an LED that indicates what current numerical gear your in at any specific time. Wouldn’t have to count dots if that’s what this pic shows or even for whatever it is for. Irregardless, I can’t count changes that fast at my age

The following users liked this post:
LuisZ51 (07-14-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 06:13 PM
The Successful Plumber
Burning Brakes

Received 577 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna Fred
They’ll never get it right for everybody.

Do you like the C7 interior? Darned near perfect to me in 2LT trim. Many on this site complain it is not nice enough! They’re the ones excited the most about what they are seeing, I think.

It’s like a bell curve. If this is near the median of what the Vette market expects in the C8 (and still there in 5 years), it’s a resounding success regardless of what the “extremes” call for...
I do like the C7 Interior, even the base model.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:08 PM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by C7 Marc
I do like the C7 Interior, even the base model.
I'm in the same camp. I always buy 'em used, so the 2LT comes WAY cheaper to me (based on comparing KBB values with and without) than it does when ordering new.

If there's a ton of money sunk in taking the BASE C8 interior to the "next level," I would consider it a complete waste. But, who knows whether my opinion represents the median of the target demographic.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:36 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
If this is truly the feel? This "sports car is dead.. way more Mercedes inside that Porsche Ferrari or Lamborghini. And not even close to the Fgt...

You look inside every single Corvette before this and there is no mistaking the car's intent...

This one? Without the emblem on the wheel could be a BMW Benz Audi etc... not... what this car is supposed to be. Save all this high end luxury for a Cadillac model.. not the vette.

Just my opinion. I'm 45yo. And glad I ordered a new Z06. One of the last true American SPORTS CARS....
lol what? Why would you complain about it being nice? Have you been in any other sports car? Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc? It's not like it's an actual race car. Your C7 interior is closer to a Camry interior than a proper race car's interior.

And what exactly are the C5 and C4 cars supposed to be off their interiors? Power wheels?

Ughh...

Porsche GT3

AMG GT-R Steering wheel

GT2 RS

viper GTS

720S:

The following 2 users liked this post by village idiot:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-15-2019), Hirohawa (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 09:48 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by LuisZ51
Just as ugly as the rear imo.

Says the guy with a C7...
The following 2 users liked this post by ~Josh:
Hirohawa (07-15-2019), ViperFan1 (07-14-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 01:46 PM
DracoDan
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Has anyone gotten a shot from the passenger side? My wife wants to know if they're taking away her left "oh ****" handle! (and I don't want her having a death grip on the "wall" when I'm having fun...)
Old 07-15-2019, 01:49 PM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
lol what? Why would you complain about it being nice? Have you been in any other sports car? Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc? It's not like it's an actual race car. Your C7 interior is closer to a Camry interior than a proper race car's interior.

Sports cars should be basic/simple. Not luxurious.

the Corvette is not a race car.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:19 PM
ToddC7
Instructor

Received 191 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
And this folks is what we call 'confirmation bias'.
I think that is harsh... I also commented, that, from the leaked pictures, the interior looks sorta like what a re imagined Oldsmobile interior would look like in 2020. It doesn't look at all like it is a Corvette interior.

From a quality standpoint, the C7 is by far the best interior any vette has had, and that is culled from many, many reviews of the C7. The C8 will most likely have even a high quality interior from the standpoint of materials and 'fit and finish', but from a 'sports car' looking interior, the leaked photos don't look good at all.

This, perhaps even more than the exterior, is really what concerns me the most and what I will be looking forward to seeing at the reveal. I truly hope the interior 'feels' more like a sports car and less like a cheap caddy.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:23 PM
Fogboundturtle
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ToddC7
I think that is harsh... I also commented, that, from the leaked pictures, the interior looks sorta like what a re imagined Oldsmobile interior would look like in 2020. It doesn't look at all like it is a Corvette interior.

From a quality standpoint, the C7 is by far the best interior any vette has had, and that is culled from many, many reviews of the C7. The C8 will most likely have even a high quality interior from the standpoint of materials and 'fit and finish', but from a 'sports car' looking interior, the leaked photos don't look good at all.

This, perhaps even more than the exterior, is really what concerns me the most and what I will be looking forward to seeing at the reveal. I truly hope the interior 'feels' more like a sports car and less like a cheap caddy.
I watch a lot of Doug Demuro car review , if anything I've learned, is that all supercar all have questionable interior design. If anything, the Corvette always had a very functioning and serviceable interior compare to any of these supercars.

Last edited by Fogboundturtle; 07-15-2019 at 02:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Fred (07-15-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To CarScoops released the full, unblurred dashboard photos

Old 07-15-2019, 02:39 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
If this is truly the feel? This "sports car is dead.. way more Mercedes inside that Porsche Ferrari or Lamborghini. And not even close to the Fgt...

You look inside every single Corvette before this and there is no mistaking the car's intent...

This one? Without the emblem on the wheel could be a BMW Benz Audi etc... not... what this car is supposed to be. Save all this high end luxury for a Cadillac model.. not the vette.

Just my opinion. I'm 45yo. And glad I ordered a new Z06. One of the last true American SPORTS CARS....
There is nothing wrong with wanting a nice interior in a sports car.
The following 4 users liked this post by gatti-man:
ATC (07-17-2019), jimmyb (07-15-2019), mattkilla2015 (07-15-2019), tcweidner (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 03:07 PM
70RT440
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 104 Posts

OK, I know you've all been waiting for me to give my thoughts on this interior since my opinion is the only one that matters (to me).

I say this with the full knowledge that I have not seen the "real thing" and that all of these photos seem to be taken at funhouse angles by a photographer who is blind in one eye and can't see out of his other one.

I ain't crazy about it...and here is my reason.

It's putting way too much in front of you.

Don't get me wrong. The interior is very attractive. The materials seem to be of high quality. The design is pleasing and it has that Vector W8 cockpit feel to it...but that's the problem.

If you look at any of the other exotic car interiors that have been posted. The stuff that is most important to the driver speedo, tach, paddles, primary controls, and assorted primary gauges are right in front of the driver either on the wheel, or in the instrument binnacle.

Secondary stuff...Radio, HVAC, Nav, lights, etc are all off to the sides so as not to distract the driver from his primary mission...driving.

This Vette seems (and again, I can't stress enough that this is a first impression based on bad photos) to put three screens, and a gazillion tiny buttons directly into the "primary" area.

It seems to suffer from the 80s and 90s German car syndrome (Mercedes and BMW being the worst offenders) where it seemed that luxury and performance were signaled through having more buttons in the cockpit than a Lockheed L1011.

Say what you will about the C5's interior (it was not exactly...awesome)...but it was well laid out. All info the driver needed was directly in front of him, either on the gauges, DIC, or HUD). Everything else was off to one side and almost intuitive in its placement.

Again, just the thought of someone who probably won't own one in the foreseeable future (but really wants one).
Old 07-15-2019, 03:22 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by NY09C6
Sports cars should be basic/simple. Not luxurious.

the Corvette is not a race car.
What exactly bothers you about it being nice? And what sports car has an interior you feel is appropriate in a sports car?

Quick Reply: CarScoops released the full, unblurred dashboard photos