Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another C8 --((VIDEO))-- July 13, 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:14 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,770 Likes on 4,218 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
I would tend to agree that this could be a different model except the fenders are not flared out like the Z06 or ZR1. Thats usually the dead giveaway of the next level...This one has slim hips.

And...I think these old farts complaining need to lighten up on this video. It was impromptu on the spot and he got some nice coverage of the C8 getting gas and leaving. I mean really, was he supposed to NOT say anything??? Give me a break...Everybody so wound up, sensitive and critical about every freakin thing these days...Thats whats "really" annoying! Grow up people!
Those of us being critical are 1. Not old, and 2. More so about the 13 minutes of him whining about making YouTube videos and how draining it is on him to make videos and the other blather not pertaining to the C8 he came across. The 2 min on the car are fine. As with most YouTube videos it’s some idiot driving in his car, sitting in garage talking 98% useless nonsense and 2% actual content.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:37 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
17 minutes of useless ****. That's why.
I only watched the 2 1/2 minutes of it that had the C8 in it, so I wouldn't know.
The following users liked this post:
Z51VetteFan (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 02:37 PM
GreensKeeperNJ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like to me there maybe a surprise with the front hood seems to have a indent possible heat extractor for the rads? don't know!
Old 07-14-2019, 03:01 PM
ViperFan1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 58 Posts

The poor bastard actually is trying to do something.. he's only 19 give him a break.

this video showed more detail than EVERY OTHER VIDEO PERIOD.

He proved the turbo wasn't just background noise (like other videos). He gave a live shot of the dash with speedo... and got perfect angels and everyone on here is mad?

It was a great video.
The following 2 users liked this post by ViperFan1:
Blvdbrawler (07-14-2019), Z51VetteFan (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 03:47 PM
blb078
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 102 Posts

What I think is funny is some of you calling this kid a dumbass but you where the one's that sat there and watched the entire video when you could of skipped straight to the part about the C8. And yet the same people ranting about this kid are going to wake up early tomorrow, go clock into at work and then 8-9 hours later clock out while he is working on growing his youtube business doing what he enjoys and making money off it....
Old 07-14-2019, 03:59 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
Today I learned people don't know how to scroll forward in YouTube videos.

This is the best quality, up-close video I have yet seen of the C8. You can clearly make out details about the tires (Michelins) and the front hood I have not been able to make-out before. The quality of the video reveals some depth in the design of the car that makes it look better to me than what I have seen before.

Like the cars in Germany, this is clearly a turbo V8 motor in what appears to be a base (narrow tires) body.

Months ago I remember reading speculation from this forum about a NA V8 engine offered the first years of the car but being replaced by a smaller turbo v8 engine. A second, larger displacement turbo V8 would power the Z06.

I wonder if it is possible that this LT2 motor is just a temporary solution for the C8 while development/testing completes of the smaller turbo engine in the C8 chassis (the car in the video)?
If you paused the videos in Germany as they left the gas station, you could CLEARLY SEE they were Michelins AND read the tires sizes. Fronts were 245/35/19s if not mistaking. Pause at the :58 second mark. Some skinnies on that C8.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dows-down.html
Old 07-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Z51VetteFan
Pro

Received 313 Likes on 157 Posts

I agree from just watching the C8 specific part of the video, that it was a great video showing off some great angles that we may not have noticed, before. I, for one, thought this model was completely doing away with the Mako Shark fenders.

But you can clearly see the C8 has the raised fender lines, behind the headlights, that sweep back. And a great closeup of the side scoop, which actually clearly looks like an afterthought on this car. On this car, it looks like there are just some flared caps over the side vents.

Id like to see Chazcron render some pictures with those weird looking side scoops removed. Im also going to have to agree, just from the 1/2 second of footage of the car driving off, that it doesn't sound like an N/A car. I don't know any N/A car that makes that kind of sound, when it takes off.

Easily one of the better cameras used to capture footage. And, if you scroll through the video, you can see the kid has a DSLR, with an external mic, sitting on this seat, while he's filming the talking part. Theres also definitely something covered up, on the frunk, with camo. Although, I cant imagine what, because the car doesn't need hood scoops, of any sort.

Last edited by Z51VetteFan; 07-14-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:53 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Thanks for sharing... and the heads up to jump to 12:53.

I love the enthusiasm and interest from this young "car guy"! Several times he comments how "sick" the C8 is and how it looks like a Ferrari.

I like when he says, "... ya know the engine's in the back right?!" He's obviously really excited to see this C8 (mule) in person.

I mentioned on the other forum that this (and other's) excitement demonstrates that seeing the C8 in person is a totally different experience.

We all know that videos and great renders are really fun, but actually walking around (and of course driving) the C8 will be a completely different (and more exciting) experience.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:10 PM
WesC7
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Absolutely love his enthusiasm!! All of us Vette-addicts need to think back and remember what we were like when we fell in love with the Corvette. For most of us, we can remember the exact moment we saw our first one--and I can guarantee I was just as excited as this young man. Hopefully he's a future Corvette owner and a life-long follower/addict.
The following users liked this post:
GundamX7X (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:36 PM
Demnos
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 113 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Engineer was probably writing down the demographics of the group on his clipboard lol. I didn’t watch anything other than the c8 but the kid sure has paparazzi in his blood “don’t worry they expect this” rofl. Seriously though it is good to see younger kids getting this excited. Hope it means they will start buying lots of them
Old 07-14-2019, 10:17 PM
ACCHRM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts

This has to be one of the base cars, small brakes, what looks like 19 inch wheels and not very wide tires and no spoiler at all. But that start up did NOT sound like anything pushrod at all. And I work at a Chevy dealer, so I've started, heard and driven 100 different Corvettes, plus I owned a 2018 Camaro 1LE with the LT1 myself. VERY excited to see what happens on Thursday, I know there has been many rumors and signs that the base cars it's gonna have an updated pushrod LT2 6.2 engine, but this does not sound like it at all.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:56 AM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

I stopped when he started his Mustang. Cut to the chase and leave all the other fluff out of it. Just give me the dirt on the C8.

Quick Reply: Another C8 --((VIDEO))-- July 13, 2019