Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Anybody Here Sat in It?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 01:30 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts
Default Has Anybody Here Sat in It?

To those of you who went to the reveal and got a chance to sit in it, how was it? How tall are you, how was comfort, visibility, etc?
Old 07-19-2019, 02:39 AM
SiawnOverseas
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd really love the answer to this. Something that fit's folks in the 6'4" frame better would rock.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:51 AM
92_383LT4
Pro

Received 339 Likes on 185 Posts

I sat in the white one on display, and it is definitely roomier than the C7. I'm 5' 7" and there was plenty of room. Guy before me was 6' 1" and he had plenty of room.

The quality is really nice.

I can't wait to test drive it. I would like the Z06 version, but this is really tempting.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:26 AM
2resonate
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the three seat options, it should fit most everyone. I am under 6 feet but did not hear any of the bigger guys complain at all. The middle seat option seems perfect for most everyone under 225 pounds. I really liked the middle seat option.

A surprising feature of the interior is that about 2/3 of the cockpit has been designated for the driver vs. the passenger. The passenger area is quite small comaratively, and there is absolutely nowhere to put your left hand - except on top of the long row of buttons. It appears to be a single driver focused car.

Another takeaway is that the windows start at about ear height, and what looks like the small rear window (like the C7 has) is actually a fake rear window with no exterior view. If you have been in the new Camaro and get a claustrophobic feeling, this might not work for you.

Don't get me wrong, this car is overall fantastic in my opinion. Although I am still a round tail light kind of Corvette fan and the C7 still hasn't won me over, I would take the jump to the C8 based on my initial feel of the car.

I hung out until the end of the show time and got a decent amount of seat time on all three cars. The displays of the frame design and components were jaw dropping.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:09 AM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Received 2,088 Likes on 906 Posts

see two people siting inside, one really big (fat)

Last edited by kratedisease; 07-19-2019 at 05:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JMBLOWNWS6 (07-19-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Has Anybody Here Sat in It?

Quick Reply: Has Anybody Here Sat in It?