Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSRP sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 12:22 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
If there is less than 3% profit on a new C8, that would mean the dealer is making about $2,400 profit on my $80K C8 build. That is far from the $10K profit my dealer quoted me. I’m not doubting you, I just don’t understand how there could be such a disparity. Any idea why my dealer would tell me he’s making $10K profit on my build if he’s only making about $2,400?

Further, when I purchased my C7 back in 2014, it carried a window sticker of $70K and I paid $63K, a savings of $7K which equates to 10% off. So again, how did I land that deal? (Again, not trying to be argumentative, just trying to learn).
That's not what he said. He said; "3% of total sales net, before taxes." You didn't read that?
Old 11-21-2019, 12:29 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
Now that I think about it, I think it must have been wanting to get it off the floor. It’s a manual, and no one that visited the dealership at the time seemed to want a manual C7.
There's no denying; "people don't want manual transmissions," or, that; convertibles are harder sells. But the fact of the matter is that manual transmission used C7 Corvette convertibles command higher resale dollars, and are in scarce supply. Which is why they command higher dollars on the used market

Quick Reply: MSRP sale