Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 Configurator update?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 12:52 AM
RK43
Pro

Received 423 Likes on 221 Posts
Default C8 Configurator update?

Been rethinking my build and using the build and price section on the Chevy site a lot to look at different configurations.

Is it me or did they change the yellow? I disliked AYM because it has kind of a highlighter or fluorescent green in there. It looks way better to me now. Does anyone else see a change in the way that color is presented?
Old 02-16-2020, 02:26 AM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Not quite sure the point of your question, as whether or not they changed the way a color looks in the configurator doesn't matter. The way it looks in real life is what matters.
The following users liked this post:
C0RV8TTE (03-15-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 12:14 PM
RK43
Pro

Originally Posted by Zora_Vette
Not quite sure the point of your question, as whether or not they changed the way a color looks in the configurator doesn't matter. The way it looks in real life is what matters.
Typical response on this forum instead of answering a legit question. point is if they changed it they are aware it sucks and are trying to sell more before dropping it. Or better yet they’re considering altering it for 2021.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Spamburger_Hamburger
Burning Brakes

Received 1,659 Likes on 564 Posts

The color of something on the internet can look different for 2000 reasons. Different monitor, different browser, phone, laptop, or however you might be viewing it different. Also, they could have changed the color to try and be more accurate, or just because. There really is no way of knowing why it might have changed how it looks on the configurator. I'd bet it's not as sinister as tricking more people to buy it before they discontinue it.

Last edited by Spamburger_Hamburger; 02-16-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:32 PM
warhawkmcdaniel
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 93 Posts

It's you.
Coyvett (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Zora_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2,017 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by RK43
Typical response on this forum instead of answering a legit question. point is if they changed it they are aware it sucks and are trying to sell more before dropping it. Or better yet they’re considering altering it for 2021.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zora_Vette:
C0RV8TTE (03-15-2020), Coyvett (02-16-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 01:31 PM
C_8
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

So tired of people on these forums digging Accelerate Yellow, or any other reasonable option for that matter. It’s your Corvette! I’m not a huge fan of AY but alas it’s not my car that I’ll be spending serious money on and enjoying. You owe it to yourself to get exactly what YOU want. Don’t let anyone ridicule you or talk you out of choosing an option you want or foregoing any option you don’t want. Rant complete.
The following 3 users liked this post by C_8:
MikeyTX (02-17-2020), Racer86 (02-18-2020), ShagVette (02-18-2020)
Old 02-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 407 Likes on 140 Posts

Typical response? You've been a member here for one month and you denigrate the whole Forum? Jeeeeze.

If you're lucky, the rest of us will ignore all your future posts.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tracy:
Racer86 (02-18-2020), Zora_Vette (02-16-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 05:33 PM
tarheeldoc20
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 66 Posts

yep, Rapid Blue is not even close on the configurator to real life color.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:03 PM
RK43
Pro

Originally Posted by Tracy
Typical response? You've been a member here for one month and you denigrate the whole Forum? Jeeeeze.

If you're lucky, the rest of us will ignore all your future posts.
Thanks for proving the point I was trying to make. This forum is not what you'd call welcoming to new users. It's usually antagonistic which is what I meant by my response to Zora. I expected different since most fellow corvette drivers on the road wave to each other. I enjoy that brotherhood of car ownership thing. My fault for expecting something similar here.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:11 PM
Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 407 Likes on 140 Posts

I'm quite certain that you've absolutely proved a point.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:29 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Thanks for proving the point I was trying to make. This forum is not what you'd call welcoming to new users. It's usually antagonistic which is what I meant by my response to Zora. I expected different since most fellow corvette drivers on the road wave to each other. I enjoy that brotherhood of car ownership thing. My fault for expecting something similar here.
no it did not change are you looking at a different monitor or under different lighting. Not sure if it Is legitimate question. It is just a question without enough data to answer, surrounded by loaded comments. We don’t know your before and after points. We don’t know the lighting environment they are trying to simulate, morning, noon, afternoon, indoor fluorescent, incandescent, etc.. Many paints look different under different light. Men have no or different kinds of color blindness.

Quite frankly we aren’t you so can’t answer your vague question. You responses haven’t been very friendly either. I have found this forum to be friendly to those that are friendly and don’t try to insult the forum members broadly, or the Corvette, particularly the generation of Corvette of the sub-forum you are posting on.

maybe the problem is everyone else. Ultimately you are responsible that tour communication gets across clearly, with the tone you want. If responses are not what you expect, maybe you should clarify without all the negative comments.
The following 4 users liked this post by Racer X:
Korosion (02-18-2020), mschuyler (02-17-2020), spireland (02-17-2020), Zora_Vette (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 06:39 PM
EasyLivin
Race Director

Received 3,160 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Not sure about the configurator but I agree you can't go by that anyway... There are a bunch of threads on Accelerate Yellow... It's very controversial so that's what I ordered along with a bunch of other folks... Don't get it if you are shy or want to be Classy Looking or Blend in...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-driving.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...low-video.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ic-thread.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ear-color.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hat-i-see.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1600793740

RK43 (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 07:11 PM
spireland
Melting Slicks

Received 2,147 Likes on 877 Posts

Maybe check the keyboard warrior stuff if you are going to mouth off about not liking something as subjective as color. Every color has fans.

There are lots of colors on the C8, some of us like some colors others don't.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:26 PM
rangda
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 76 Posts

Think for a minute who would actually be able to answer this. Someone on the Corvette design team and maybe someone working in the paint shop. That's a small cast of characters who could answer this question, all of whom would most likely lose their job if they did. GM doesn't have a lot of leaks historically, so it's doubtful you can get any answer beyond this.

If the color was altered at some point before it went into production we'll never know. And generating hate based on renders from the configurator is pointless as it's not going to be color accurate. Even with photographs, I'm going to go out on a limb and say your display isn't color calibrated, and of course you have no clue what the white balance was when the photographer took the shot, and most cameras will alter color to some extent anyway. I'd caution against judging a color until you see it in person, preferably at least in the sun and in the shade.

FWIW in some photos it looks like it has too much green IMO, but in others it looks fine. All sort of pointless to judge too much until it's seen in person (which admittedly does suck if you are preordering).
Old 02-17-2020, 11:18 PM
RK43
Pro

Originally Posted by Racer X
no it did not change are you looking at a different monitor or under different lighting. Not sure if it Is legitimate question. It is just a question without enough data to answer, surrounded by loaded comments. We don’t know your before and after points. We don’t know the lighting environment they are trying to simulate, morning, noon, afternoon, indoor fluorescent, incandescent, etc.. Many paints look different under different light. Men have no or different kinds of color blindness.

Quite frankly we aren’t you so can’t answer your vague question. You responses haven’t been very friendly either. I have found this forum to be friendly to those that are friendly and don’t try to insult the forum members broadly, or the Corvette, particularly the generation of Corvette of the sub-forum you are posting on.

maybe the problem is everyone else. Ultimately you are responsible that tour communication gets across clearly, with the tone you want. If responses are not what you expect, maybe you should clarify without all the negative comments.
Same monitor and conditions. I should have clarified.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:22 PM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 376 Likes on 180 Posts

2008 Atomic Orange metallic tint coat was changed about half way into the year. they stopped the tint coat and just called it Atomic orange . Definitely a different color. close but you could see the difference when both cars were parked next to each other. But, they did tell us about the change.
So, yes GM has changed colors in the middle of the production run
RK43 (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 01:25 PM
RK43
Pro

Originally Posted by Racer86
2008 Atomic Orange metallic tint coat was changed about half way into the year. they stopped the tint coat and just called it Atomic orange . Definitely a different color. close but you could see the difference when both cars were parked next to each other. But, they did tell us about the change.
So, yes GM has changed colors in the middle of the production run
Awesome. Nice to know it's a possibility. Thanks for that
Old 02-18-2020, 04:50 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Today.....

RK43 (02-18-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To C8 Configurator update?