Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0-60 in 2.6 seconds !

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 12:57 AM
70Apollostaged
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 19/C7Z
oh you poor soul.... I will have a C8 Z06 unless it's NA.. you know not of what you speak by any means.

that bolded shows me how small your world view in amateur car racing actually is..

The only.... ok..

YouTube and the thousands of car racing videos will prove you completely wrong. The truth speaks for itself.

Roll racing is just about ALL that's done today. Very VERY rare to see a dig anything by fast cars. Because they're either too fast for the street and would do nothing but spin or they would break if run over and over in that way. Took me a while to get it but I do.
Plentt of dig racing going on by cars with well over 2000hp if you know where to go. ****, round here its done on a 28x10.5 small tire for the most part.
Roll racing is for guys who dont want to or dont know how to setup a car to launch.
​​
The following users liked this post:
Mike Jesse (05-13-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 01:13 AM
chubbs6350
Burning Brakes

Received 830 Likes on 368 Posts

2.6 with a passenger, i hope it's true but I'm just a bit skeptical, the gt2 rs is even slower, maybe new car dude was right all long 😂 except for the fact that most high powered cars don't even have traction till past 60 MPH

This is what I'm hoping the c8z's trap speed will look like

Old 04-20-2020, 01:15 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

I think the best way anyone could NOT argue the 0-60 times is with a second and stand alone GPS that calculates 0-60 times.

As for me, I really don't care one way or the other. 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, etc. I am not moved enough by the overall design of the C8 Stingray, so the numbers are irrelevant to me.

I still have faith in the next level variant though.

And if an unmolested C8 can achieve a 0-60 in a staggering 2.6s, the next level variant should be even better.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:50 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by blue_bomber697
Most of them were AWD yes, but that doesn't make that big of a difference when the C8 is capable of putting 100% of its power to the ground. .
Wherever did you get the bizarre notion that the C8 is capable of putting 100% of its power to the ground? What do you think that "bog" is that you typically hear during a C8 launch? It is power being reduced, either to maintain traction or for the purpose of driveline longevity.

And if the C8 is capable of putting 100% of its power to the ground, how is it that people are able to do burnouts on dry pavement?
Lavender (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 09:21 AM
Iker
Burning Brakes

Received 1,275 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Wherever did you get the bizarre notion that the C8 is capable of putting 100% of its power to the ground? What do you think that "bog" is that you typically hear during a C8 launch? It is power being reduced, either to maintain traction or for the purpose of driveline longevity.

And if the C8 is capable of putting 100% of its power to the ground, how is it that people are able to do burnouts on dry pavement?
Look at this launch! It is clean, and aggressive with Zero wheelspin. I’m not sure if the launch control RPM is adjustable but if yes I will go for higher RPM launch for sure

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by Iker; 04-20-2020 at 09:23 AM.
blue_bomber697 (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 10:09 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

The same poster making all the noise in here was the same one trying to breakdown a 3 second clip of MotorTrend's first launch video is claiming that there was no way possible the C8 was able to reach GM's claimed times. The pattern in obvious.
Lavender (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 10:31 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 04-20-2020, 11:08 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,760 Likes on 3,176 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa
The same poster making all the noise in here was the same one trying to breakdown a 3 second clip of MotorTrend's first launch video is claiming that there was no way possible the C8 was able to reach GM's claimed times. The pattern in obvious.
it's OK "kappa". you can quote me. i have nothing to hide.. We'll all just accept the in car timer so we can stand around at cars and coffee and brag about something on the DIC in your car meanwhile the 0-100 in the same in car time doesn't reflect a sub 7 second zero to 100 (first clue something is not right) nor a sub 11 second quarter mile. i don't say "the C8 can't do it" and walk away. i provide WHY I AM SUSPICIOUS OF IT.. i give what i believe is information pointing to the need (for those of us who are skeptical) for the use of a Dragy or Vbox something else other than that in car timer (which at least one owner of a C8 already said the dash timer showed 2.8 and his pdr showed 2.95 i have seen fluctuations like that as well on the C7's timers/pdr).

If a Porsche made this claim - a corvette fanatic would want some type of actual proof. the in car timer is not that proof. in any of these cars. i've driven hellcats, Trackhawks, Mercedes Benz E63s all have timers as does my 19Z and my 16Z... idc about that. i have seen what the Dragy shows v the in car timers. i am telling you now on these sub 3 second runs i don't believe that the Dragy will support it. I believe this is something in that system cheating the last few mph for some reason. I would like to know IF it is and IF it is? it's something i can discuss with the Corvette Team guys at Carlisle and ASK for it to be better, more accurate. You know nothing about me. Do you know i was the guy in August 2016 who asked Tadge about the Z06 OVERHEATING issues and had him on video discussing "their" plans for the improvement and what the 2017 improvements did? I POSTED THAT VIDEO WHILE THERE AND PUT IT UP IN HERE FOR CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE OWNERS TO SEE... i have always contributed in that way. look it up. i also took what he said and BOUGHT my 2016 Z06 2 months later.. I investigate thoroughly something i am going to spend a **** ton of money on before i buy INTO it.

This year i was all over them about the Z06 upcoming.. i learned some valuable information about the C8 in general and POSTED that up RE the DCT and warranty etc etc. also about what he (Tadge) believed the non Z51 v Z51 C8 can do how close and an in person conversation about the C8 as i did other members of the corvette team.. i am NOT a fan of going ME. but my LOVE of the corvette will now take me there as i have NO CHOICE... but that is why i purchased my 19 which was built the same day i was at carlisle speaking with Tadge and Jeff and Harlan about the C8.. i would NEVER buy a first year corvette knowing what they have ALWAYS been (the beginning of something great but not the best). for my OWN selfish 4 or 5 yr plan i want the MY C8Z06 I purchase to be the best and not have any of the issues i see and read about now... i've lived through this 2x already. so i am now proactive with busting their chops to help all of us.. i let nothing slide.. i email them i text back and forth with one in particular and have helped plenty on here. i don't ask them to vouch for it. i'm glad to do it as THAT'S HOW I WAS HELPED IN THE PAST by other members over the years. it's insulting to me that you have that impression.. believe me nothing could be further from the truth.

Let's start with facts and not speculation. the fact is the PDR's have shown results which appear to reflect an anomaly in the "sub 2.9 runs". sorry i don't take what i'm told at face value until i see corroborating material to support it (and i'm not alone, but you can single me out that's fine). like no reason to wear a mask.... oh now you can't enter a store without one... but we should all just take things at face value.. that's called being a sheep.. no sheep here friend. i would never guess your motives for "singling me out" be careful assuming you know my motives. because you don't.

the same people running in the same directions using the same in car timers. wheel spin? no wheel spin? bog? some no bog but slower? it's laughable. it's an ME care using the computer the 0 to 60 in the same car at the same time should be consistent if the old FE cars can do it and their traction sucks on stock rubber... you ever drag race a car? do you have any idea what a difference a couple rotations of the tire at launch does to that 60ft? .1 .2 or worse.. not including the "bog". yet some runs the C8 spins and runs a 2.6 and others no spin and it's 2.9 or slower.. variables? sure... but no consistency. the car is 3.3 to 2.5 on the timer... makes zero sense. it doesn't register with what i KNOW from watching, participating and researching sub 3 second to 60 cars.. watch a porsche taycan turbo s launch... just watch it. then come back and explain how a 2.7 to 60mph mid 10 second awd car can be slower than this 495/470 ME car... i'm not SAYING it can't... i'm saying if it can i would love to see it happen.

and believe me that this one performance metric is not the only thing i am watching.. there are plenty of others. like i said - when it's time for me to move to the C8 next level??? i wan't all this stuff cleaned up.. as i would hope you would to. the last thing i want to deal with is having to prove my C8Z can do this or that by these toolbags i go on rally's with. i have already done that and continue to do it as porsche ferrari lambo MB Dodge and Ford guys always have some dumb **** to say. i love making them eat their words WHEN I CAN... not shoot my mouth off about my 2.5 second C8 Z06 and go and run a 3.0 MB Sedan and he's next to me still at 80.. bragging about our cars talking trash back and forth is fun but only when you are actually speaking fact and not an imaginary thing... unlike some, i actually put my foot down and don't putt putt around and wash the brake dust off before i put my car away.. no offense to those that do.

Go to about 8:30 or so in this video. If the C8 is leaving as hard as this car does on the street? I just don't see the same thing you guys do. I'm sorry. The runs where the Taycan is in the 2.75 to 60 range is without rollout. He shows it afterwards. It puts the time allegedly at around 2.60 with 1ft rollout. The fastest he got is not relevant here. Jist those 2.75 to 60 runs (again with 1ft rollout equate to about the 2.60 range for the purposes of direct comparison).

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 04-20-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:06 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

........................................ ........................................ .....
I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to say. There's nothing at all mysterious about a two-wheel-drive car having greater variation in 0-60 times, on a variety of traction surfaces, than an all-wheel-drive car will.
Lavender (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 12:08 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

it's OK "kappa". you can quote me. i have nothing to hide.. We'll all just accept the in car timer so we can stand around at cars and coffee and brag about something on the DIC in your car meanwhile the 0-100 in the same in car time doesn't reflect a sub 7 second zero to 100 (first clue something is not right) nor a sub 11 second quarter mile. i don't say "the C8 can't do it" and walk away. i provide WHY I AM SUSPICIOUS OF IT.. i give what i believe is information pointing to the need (for those of us who are skeptical) for the use of a Dragy or Vbox something else other than that in car timer (which at least one owner of a C8 already said the dash timer showed 2.8 and his pdr showed 2.95 i have seen fluctuations like that as well on the C7's timers/pdr).

If a Porsche made this claim - a corvette fanatic would want some type of actual proof. the in car timer is not that proof. in any of these cars. i've driven hellcats, Trackhawks, Mercedes Benz E63s all have timers as does my 19Z and my 16Z... idc about that. i have seen what the Dragy shows v the in car timers. i am telling you now on these sub 3 second runs i don't believe that the Dragy will support it. I believe this is something in that system cheating the last few mph for some reason. I would like to know IF it is and IF it is? it's something i can discuss with the Corvette Team guys at Carlisle and ASK for it to be better, more accurate. You know nothing about me. Do you know i was the guy in August 2016 who asked Tadge about the Z06 OVERHEATING issues and had him on video discussing "their" plans for the improvement and what the 2017 improvements did? I POSTED THAT VIDEO WHILE THERE AND PUT IT UP IN HERE FOR CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE OWNERS TO SEE... i have always contributed in that way. look it up. i also took what he said and BOUGHT my 2016 Z06 2 months later.. I investigate thoroughly something i am going to spend a **** ton of money on before i buy INTO it.

This year i was all over them about the Z06 upcoming.. i learned some valuable information about the C8 in general and POSTED that up RE the DCT and warranty etc etc. also about what he (Tadge) believed the non Z51 v Z51 C8 can do how close and an in person conversation about the C8 as i did other members of the corvette team.. i am NOT a fan of going ME. but my LOVE of the corvette will now take me there as i have NO CHOICE... but that is why i purchased my 19 which was built the same day i was at carlisle speaking with Tadge and Jeff and Harlan about the C8.. i would NEVER buy a first year corvette knowing what they have ALWAYS been (the beginning of something great but not the best). for my OWN selfish 4 or 5 yr plan i want the MY C8Z06 I purchase to be the best and not have any of the issues i see and read about now... i've lived through this 2x already. so i am now proactive with busting their chops to help all of us.. i let nothing slide.. i email them i text back and forth with one in particular and have helped plenty on here. i don't ask them to vouch for it. i'm glad to do it as THAT'S HOW I WAS HELPED IN THE PAST by other members over the years. it's insulting to me that you have that impression.. believe me nothing could be further from the truth.

Let's start with facts and not speculation. the fact is the PDR's have shown results which appear to reflect an anomaly in the "sub 2.9 runs". sorry i don't take what i'm told at face value until i see corroborating material to support it (and i'm not alone, but you can single me out that's fine). like no reason to wear a mask.... oh now you can't enter a store without one... but we should all just take things at face value.. that's called being a sheep.. no sheep here friend. i would never guess your motives for "singling me out" be careful assuming you know my motives. because you don't.

the same people running in the same directions using the same in car timers. wheel spin? no wheel spin? bog? some no bog but slower? it's laughable. it's an ME care using the computer the 0 to 60 in the same car at the same time should be consistent if the old FE cars can do it and their traction sucks on stock rubber... you ever drag race a car? do you have any idea what a difference a couple rotations of the tire at launch does to that 60ft? .1 .2 or worse.. not including the "bog". yet some runs the C8 spins and runs a 2.6 and others no spin and it's 2.9 or slower.. variables? sure... but no consistency. the car is 3.3 to 2.5 on the timer... makes zero sense. it doesn't register with what i KNOW from watching, participating and researching sub 3 second to 60 cars.. watch a porsche taycan turbo s launch... just watch it. then come back and explain how a 2.7 to 60mph mid 10 second awd car can be slower than this 495/470 ME car... i'm not SAYING it can't... i'm saying if it can i would love to see it happen.

and believe me that this one performance metric is not the only thing i am watching.. there are plenty of others. like i said - when it's time for me to move to the C8 next level??? i wan't all this stuff cleaned up.. as i would hope you would to. the last thing i want to deal with is having to prove my C8Z can do this or that by these toolbags i go on rally's with. i have already done that and continue to do it as porsche ferrari lambo MB Dodge and Ford guys always have some dumb **** to say. i love making them eat their words WHEN I CAN... not shoot my mouth off about my 2.5 second C8 Z06 and go and run a 3.0 MB Sedan and he's next to me still at 80.. bragging about our cars talking trash back and forth is fun but only when you are actually speaking fact and not an imaginary thing... unlike some, i actually put my foot down and don't putt putt around and wash the brake dust off before i put my car away.. no offense to those that do.

Go to about 8:30 or so in this video. If the C8 is leaving as hard as this car does on the street? I just don't see the same thing you guys do. I'm sorry. The runs where the Taycan is in the 2.75 to 60 range is without rollout. He shows it afterwards. It puts the time allegedly at around 2.60 with 1ft rollout. The fastest he got is not relevant here. Jist those 2.75 to 60 runs (again with 1ft rollout equate to about the 2.60 range for the purposes of direct comparison).

https://youtu.be/y0XlXAn23Y8

Wow, that is a whole lotta blah, blah, blah.
This may come as a shock but this 0-60 thing in regards to the C8 is not all about what 19/C7Z believes and no one here is obligated to convince you of anything.
Why not just enjoy your C7 Z06 intil the C8 Z06 is available. The C7Z is already way faster than what the overwhelming majority of us would ever use. I know I owned a C7Z, it is a fantastic performance car.
Lavender (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 12:18 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

It amazes me how many people get obsessed about a single performance metric as being the end all, be all, as to how a car performs.

2.6. 2.8. 3.2. Etc. It's all very fast for a 0-60 time if that is your thing.

Personally for me, 0-60, is not even close to the most important aspect when buying a car. I can go buy a "cheap" used GT-R right now and modify it for low 2's all day long if that was the goal. There are GT-R's running mid to high 1 second 0-60 times. So what?
Old 04-20-2020, 12:23 PM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 390 Likes on 244 Posts

With only 2 gallons of gas to move, it's possible...

Anyone look at the fuel level?
Old 04-20-2020, 12:24 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by thill444
It amazes me how many people get obsessed about a single performance metric as being the end all, be all, as to how a car performs.

2.6. 2.8. 3.2. Etc. It's all very fast for a 0-60 time if that is your thing.

Personally for me, 0-60, is not even close to the most important aspect when buying a car. I can go buy a "cheap" used GT-R right now and modify it for low 2's all day long if that was the goal. There are GT-R's running mid to high 1 second 0-60 times. So what?
My goodness, had no idea that the GT-R was that vicious 0-60. Amazing
Old 04-20-2020, 12:27 PM
thill444
Le Mans Master

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
AWD and it takes to mods very well. There is a performance shop down the street from me that mods these and the owner has a 1500hp GT-R he took me for a ride in. It's crazy fast,but in all honesty not my thing. I prefer the C8 over it but I am not obsessed about 0-60 times. Or quarter-mile times.

If the C8 had a manual trans I would order one right now. It's the only thing holding me back.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:53 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by thill444
AWD and it takes to mods very well. There is a performance shop down the street from me that mods these and the owner has a 1500hp GT-R he took me for a ride in. It's crazy fast,but in all honesty not my thing. I prefer the C8 over it but I am not obsessed about 0-60 times. Or quarter-mile times.
That's kewl. I've owned, driven, and ridden in highly modified machines too. One impressive thing about the C8 is that it performs well while meeting emissions standards, fuel economy standards, noise standards, comes with a warranty, and is still considered easy and comfortable to drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by Warp Factor:
JerryU (04-20-2020), Lavender (04-20-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 10:08 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Originally Posted by blue_bomber697
This is the point people are trying to get across to you though... it isn't .3 or .4 faster than anyone else has done. With such few cars on the road, there is probably 10+ videos of people doing 2.6-2.7 runs. And thats only .1-.2 seconds faster than the magazine tests which are ALWAYS beaten.
Typical magazine tests are beaten because there are better drivers out there, but this is a car with a non adjustable launch control. My question is how much faster is the Z51 than non Z51? GM claims .1, the fastest we’ve seen is 2.9 yet a Z51 with passenger pulls a 2.6? At what point does the 0-60 time not become believable for a C8, fastest posted has been 2.5 do you believe it? My problem with this video is it sounds like the tires are spinning and he short shifts manually, the RPMs and speed seem off. At 2.1 seconds he’s already in 3rd at 49mph...

Old 04-20-2020, 10:11 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by punky
Here’s a buddy of mines NA C6Z06 with auto swap pull a 1.9 0-60mph for reference...

Get notified of new replies

To 0-60 in 2.6 seconds !

Old 04-20-2020, 10:38 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Here’s a buddy of mines NA C6Z06 with auto swap pull a 1.9 0-60mph for reference...
https://youtu.be/kLa7QkCfrfo
Sweet. Sounds like a fun 0-60 coming down Pikes Peak. I heard a buddy of my buddy did the same 0-60 run in 1.8 for reference in his bone stock base 911. Isn’t that amazing😏

Last edited by Dr. ice; 04-20-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:49 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
Sweet. Sounds like a fun 0-60 coming down Pikes Peak. I heard a buddy of my buddy did the same 0-60 run in 1.8 for reference in his bone stock base 911. Isn’t that amazing😏
What did the 911 run at the track? My friend Todd (who’s old 315 Hoosiers are what I did the 3.1 0-60 in my stock C6GS on) did a 6.1@109 in 1/8 on a 1.2 60’
Old 04-20-2020, 11:37 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
What did the 911 run at the track? My friend Todd (who’s old 315 Hoosiers are what I did the 3.1 0-60 in my stock C6GS on) did a 6.1@109 in 1/8 on a 1.2 60’
https://youtu.be/Dh4bhI2XSmY
I will have to ask about the track, but he said it would run 0-100 somewhere in the 4 second range. He said it was a decent time. Does it seem very good to you?

Quick Reply: 0-60 in 2.6 seconds !