Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ciocca has stopped Courtesy Delivery - RIP

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 12:43 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by boomie1
I'm not sure I understand the risk. GM delivers the vehicle to the CD dealer, just like Ciocca.

If you don't have dealer installed options, what can go wrong? Genuinely curious.
https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...tesy-delivery/

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ior-agreement/

Corvette Sales & Incentives

The following users liked this post:
boomie1 (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 01:34 PM
MacMulkin

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^^
Because We're Smart!!
Have to jump in because I bought three of my 6 Vettes from Kerbeck, best deals every! Great sales rep who responded very quickly to what was posted that is wrong, re Courtesy Delivery!

They are #1 for a reason. No one was close on the price I got for my 2017 Grand Sport. I bought at what I call winter pricing! When most dealers stop buying Corvettes, Kerbeck was adding inventory and helping BG avoid layoffs. They had between 200 and 250 new Vettes in stock as well as taking custom made orders. GM gives dealers incentive during that time and they pass them on. I got ~15% discount from MSRP for one the ordered for me made in BG to my specs.

Yep folks buy from them because they are great.

Bought the 2017 Grand Sport and my C8 using Courtesy Delivery to a small dealer 30 miles from home who has a great Corvette tech!

BTW here are the 2021 sales #'s. Data from a forum post!
You keep posting this, and you're posting erroneous information. Sales numbers and the tallying of sales numbers is done BY BAC NUMBER, NOT LOCATION AND NOT OWNER.

GM recognizes sales numbers BY BAC NUMBER, NOT DEALER LOCATION OR OWNER.

The same owner can own two Chevrolet dealerships, directly across the street from one another, but each dealership will have a unique BAC#. If that owner sells one of those dealerships to a new owner who keeps it a Chevrolet dealership, that dealership is issued a new BAC #, and the sales numbers for the previous dealership end at the point that the old BAC# is changed. The new dealership starts at ZERO.

As I said in my previous post to you, since you're so driven to push us down the list, why don't you tally up all the 2022 C8 Corvettes sold on the west coast - more support for your argument...
The following 2 users liked this post by MacMulkin:
brian98vette (06-08-2022), tadda (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 02:45 PM
boomie1
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you MacMulkin for the educational post!

Can you share the list of CD dealerships you work with?
Old 06-07-2022, 02:52 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
You keep posting this, and you're posting erroneous information. Sales numbers and the tallying of sales numbers is done BY BAC NUMBER, NOT LOCATION AND NOT OWNER.

GM recognizes sales numbers BY BAC NUMBER, NOT DEALER LOCATION OR OWNER.

The same owner can own two Chevrolet dealerships, directly across the street from one another, but each dealership will have a unique BAC#. If that owner sells one of those dealerships to a new owner who keeps it a Chevrolet dealership, that dealership is issued a new BAC #, and the sales numbers for the previous dealership end at the point that the old BAC# is changed. The new dealership starts at ZERO.

As I said in my previous post to you, since you're so driven to push us down the list, why don't you tally up all the 2022 C8 Corvettes sold on the west coast - more support for your argument...
I'm not driven to push anyone down! Your post says what I think is accurate, you're #2.

So what you're saying is Ciocca bought Kerbeck in Atlantic City and starts all over at zero Corvette allocations???! Bought a number of business (not auto dealers) and that would be crazy IMO. Appears strange to me! Not an great area that gets much traffic! They only sold Corvettes there. So they bought nothing??
Old 06-07-2022, 03:04 PM
MacMulkin

I'm not driven to push anyone down! Your post says what I think is accurate, you're #2.

So what you're saying is Ciocca bought Kerbeck in Atlantic City and starts all over at zero Corvette allocations???! Bought a number of business (not auto dealers) and that would be crazy IMO. Appears strange to me! Not an great area that gets much traffic! They only sold Corvettes there. So they bought nothing??
Jerry...there is a difference between allocation numbers and sales numbers. Do you understand that? Dealers can gain and lose allocation numbers due to any number of circumstances.

Kerbeck was in the Corvette sales game long before we were...but here we are in June of 2022.

So you bought a number of businesses, but not auto dealers...I now understand where you're coming from...
The following 3 users liked this post by MacMulkin:
brian98vette (06-08-2022), RobbC (06-08-2022), srobert910 (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 03:15 PM
tadda
Le Mans Master

Received 6,834 Likes on 2,639 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 06-07-2022, 10:59 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,477 Likes on 4,249 Posts

We'll see if Ciocca picked up Kerbeck's allocation on the list of sales of all dealers end year. I'm confident they did. If so like for the last 20+ years they will be #1. Who said 2022 sales would be the same as 2021 or 2020? Obviously each MY stands on it's own and now not how many Vettes customer's want it's how many GM can produce.

Looking at deliveries in a short time is not end year sales data!
LOL. Yes, each model year stands on its own. You're the one trying to say Ciocca is still #1 because they were, sorta, kinda, #1 in 2021. And you're the one ignoring that Ciocca has NEVER been number 1. That was Kerbeck. How much do they pay you to shill for them? (Mostly just kidding.)
tadda (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 11:01 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,477 Likes on 4,249 Posts

I chuckle at the issue of it was Ciocca that had the allocate. Flew to Atlantic City when my C6 came in and where they are located is NOT expensive real estate you'd pay to buy! Little traffic coming to see cars! Nope they are cleaver and have the right idea on how to sell Vettes. Yep i bought with what I call "winter pricing." Kerbeck and I'm confident Ciocca will follow helps BG avoid layoffs when many dealers stop buying Vette in the winter. KERVECK PASSES ON INCENTIVES GM OFFERS DISTRIBUTORS! Yep when many dealers are not buying Vettes they take advantage of GM specials and pass the saving on. That is one reason they are number!
Ciocca has a different dealer code than Kerbeck. Just because they happen to be in the same location doesn't make them the same dealer.
tadda (06-07-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 07:06 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DSOMrulz
LOL. Yes, each model year stands on its own. You're the one trying to say Ciocca is still #1 because they were, sorta, kinda, #1 in 2021. And you're the one ignoring that Ciocca has NEVER been number 1. That was Kerbeck. How much do they pay you to shill for them? (Mostly just kidding.)
You should have all the facts before you start "knowing everything!" After that post from whoever he or she is, I found out!

SIDEBAR: Sorry digress as don't like that on the forum, you don't know who some folks are! Our Tech Society Forum, where I also post, you must use you're real name, membership # etc. For those that think my posts are long would not like what I label. "shaggy dog stores." Like the one the other day about what we had to do to with Lukens Steel in the late 1960's to pass a Navy required Explosion Bulge test! (Included pic.)

Back to the subject. But as expected whoever he or she is that supplied that answer knew it was missing a key fact! Found out what it was. However it will help me win bets that Ciocca will be #1 end year!! Nope Ciocca was not stupid like some who think they were. Those with C8's pending need not worry!

Sorry, like pics. This is a high strength Q&T HY-80 plate used for fabricating submarines. To have your welding wire and flux qualified for use, have to place a welded plate on a fixture with a large hole. Place a carboard box and powerful explosive charge on it. Detonate and it must look like this with minimum defects. This was on 1 inch thick plate, tougher on 2 inch where also it's required. Note, get thanks from younger engineers who appreciate the history!

Last edited by JerryU; 06-08-2022 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:33 AM
SRF7879
Burning Brakes

Received 427 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMrulz
Ciocca has a different dealer code than Kerbeck. Just because they happen to be in the same location doesn't make them the same dealer.
I don't know what Ciocca is doing right, but as a Brand new dealer just starting out they somehow got GM to give them about 150 allocations last DOSP. Believe that was the most of any dealer. They must have pictures or something.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:19 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,801 Likes on 4,234 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by boomie1
Thank you MacMulkin for the educational post!

Can you share the list of CD dealerships you work with?
All those poorly-written articles described is that there are ****-poor dealerships in the GM network that will treat their customers (you're now their customer if you paid a CD fee) like garbage regardless.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:59 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SRF7879
I don't know what Ciocca is doing right, but as a Brand new dealer just starting out they somehow got GM to give them about 150 allocations last DOSP. Believe that was the most of any dealer. They must have pictures or something.
Yep, may be new # but GM, like Ciocca is not stupid. As I have often said one reason they are #1 is because they help BG when in winter, many dealers rightly don't buy Vettes, they do. I recall when I bought my 2017 Grand Sport they had >250 new Vettes in stock, partly preparing for Spring BUT they also take advantage of GM dealer "deals" in those low order months. It's very costly to layoff folks both monetarily AND negative employee moral. How would you like to be laying off folks around Christmas time? (been there for other reasons, no fun and long lasting implications.)

Kerbeck was and IMO no doubt Ciocca will continue that business model from the Atlantic City location (other Chevy dealership locations they may own, mean nothing re allocations, just like the many Hendrick owns!!)

Kerbeck published prices on the Net for every one of those 2017 Vettes in inventory. I like many, only buy Vettes "made just for me" in Bowling Green. My exterior color, interior color and option level, performance options etc.. I got the same discounts, in that case, they offered for a manual Grand Sport in stock, ~15%.

I chuckle at those who want to bypass distributors and buy direct from the manufacture! Can you imagine dealing with that huge bureaucracy to order a Vette and get info! Can't beat that discounted price AND with Courtesy Delivery I have a great small Chevy dealer 30 miles from home, who is happy to do Courtesy Delivery for a flat $350 for the Grand Sport and my C8. They make money on service, body shop and do a great job so I give them the aftersales service- which I do versus the large Chevy, BMW, Mercedes, now Nissen dealer in town!

SIDEBAR
Just to repeat I don't dislike any of the top 3 or 4 Vette Dealers. They are all straight shooters and give good discounts (the C8 is an exception where GM can't produce enough by a bunch for a lot of reasons.) There is only so much of a market for a two seat performance sports car and in most years supply exceeded demand.

Why I responded to this Thread is I knew the title was incorrect having bought 3 Vettes from Kerbeck and another from a large dealer when Kerbeck was not taking early hold-a-spot orders for the C7 when it 1st came out. Great folks to do business with. I'm sure the other top Vette sellers are as well or they would not sell as many as they do!

Also it's not any other dealer that is an issue BUT a few forum members who take any opportunity to **** on Kerbeck. That is when I respond!

TO EACH THEIR OWN

Last edited by JerryU; 06-08-2022 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:05 AM
tadda
Le Mans Master

The following 2 users liked this post by tadda:
JerryU (06-08-2022), RobbC (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 10:10 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tadda
More like, knock Ciocca for whatever foolish reason and JerryU will respond with his usual long post!

Actually not a bad likeness!
Old 06-08-2022, 10:11 AM
tadda
Le Mans Master

More like, knock Ciocca for whatever foolish reason and JerryU will respond with his usual long post!

Actually not a bad likeness!
Just kidding around...but it was too easy to pass up not posting this...ha!
JerryU (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 10:24 AM
SRF7879
Burning Brakes

Just kidding around...but it was too easy to pass up not posting this...ha!
Didn't realize that members are required to have the same opinion as you. Just kidding around! Ha!
Old 06-08-2022, 10:29 AM
tadda
Le Mans Master

Didn't realize that members are required to have the same opinion as you. Just kidding around! Ha!
huh? That was never implied and was just a joke...just chill...

Get notified of new replies

To Ciocca has stopped Courtesy Delivery - RIP

Old 06-08-2022, 10:33 AM
SRF7879
Burning Brakes

huh? That was never implied and was just a joke...just chill...
Chill! Your no comedian!
Old 06-08-2022, 10:36 AM
tadda
Le Mans Master

Chill! Your no comedian!
OK Cranky...Go take some MiraLAX....
Old 06-08-2022, 11:47 AM
srobert910
Burning Brakes

Received 1,138 Likes on 466 Posts

Can we please just end this thread? It’s so far off topic and just plain ridiculous at this point.

Quick Reply: Ciocca has stopped Courtesy Delivery - RIP