Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission bucking when coming to stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 07:06 PM
JDSC8VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 2,903 Likes on 1,162 Posts

I have over 9 thousand miles on my 22 C8 and the transmission has been flawless.
I had the filter changed at 7500 miles and never had any issues.
I must be very lucky because I never had any issues with my C7 right up till I traded it with 19 thousand miles.
These cars have decent warranties and I don’t worry about anything with the transmission because The powertrain warranty is much longer than the time I will own it.
Old 05-10-2024, 11:28 PM
Jenz
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission jerking

Originally Posted by jstkrsn
A torque converter transmission default is in lock up. There is a solenoid switch that unlocks it when you are coming up to stop so the engine will idle. I had an old car that the switch wore out or broke and the car would buck and die when you tried to stop. Well my new 2023 corvette with the DCT is doing a similar feeling thing. It doesn't die though. When coming to a stop it literally bangs into first or between 1st and 2nd, and shudders. I thought I hit something the first time it happened. It does it almost every time when I am coming to a stop. Works fine going forward. I have only 300 or so miles on it now. Anybody else have something like this happen? I read about transmission problems and I wonder if I am one of the unlucky ones.

yes i have had this happen to me today several times it scared me because i didn’t want to be stuck on side of road or in middle of busy intersection. I thought someone had hit me as well.

Quick Reply: transmission bucking when coming to stop