Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on the improved "lambo" doors from Eikon Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 12:39 AM
Triple Black 88
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by papillion
You may well love the Lambo design doors. They may well work splendidly. But come time to sell the car, it will be extremely difficult to find someone who shares your vision. Trading it maybe impossible. And while installing them, you have cut away a substantial part of the car. There are no mulligans.
This statement is false. You do not have to cut away a "substantial" part of the car and they are completely reversible... so yes, there is a mulligan. You keep the hinges so you or any body shop could put the car back to stock in a couple hours without any signs of the Vertical door install.
Old 05-11-2024, 02:29 AM
24RiptideBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 677 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple Black 88
This statement is false. You do not have to cut away a "substantial" part of the car and they are completely reversible... so yes, there is a mulligan. You keep the hinges so you or any body shop could put the car back to stock in a couple hours without any signs of the Vertical door install.
I don’t mean this to sound like I don’t believe you but ….. Really?! I’m no engineer but I can’t imagine something as complex as converting the doors to Lambo style without having to modify or cut something. Or maybe drill new holes? At a minimum if this is 100% reversible…. In a few hours…. I’m much more interested. The doors are stupid thick with the beak and you need a larger space than normal to get in and out. Being able to open and lift them out of the way is a big ergonomic improvement…. For me anyway 🤷‍♂️
Old 05-11-2024, 03:37 PM
Triple Black 88
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 24RiptideBlue
I don’t mean this to sound like I don’t believe you but ….. Really?! I’m no engineer but I can’t imagine something as complex as converting the doors to Lambo style without having to modify or cut something. Or maybe drill new holes? At a minimum if this is 100% reversible…. In a few hours…. I’m much more interested. The doors are stupid thick with the beak and you need a larger space than normal to get in and out. Being able to open and lift them out of the way is a big ergonomic improvement…. For me anyway 🤷‍♂️
Here's a FAQ video
Jump to 1:51 to see the piece (inside the fender) that gets cut off. No new holes have to be drilled and if you ever decided to go back to stock there wouldn't be any signs of the Vertical door install other than that piece inside the fender - and the only way to see that is to take it off. The kits use the same holes as the stock hinges so other than extending the wire harness and trimming that piece off no other modifications are needed. There are tons of install videos on YouTube.
I've had mine (the Eikon V1 Kit) for about 8 mo's now and I love them. Getting in and out is much easier. Much easier - I mean just take a look at the opening.

The following users liked this post:
PhoenixM3 (05-11-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 05:07 PM
phalse
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 263 Posts

oh, damn.. thats pretty substantial. hmmm.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on the improved "lambo" doors from Eikon Motorsports?