Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water pooling

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 02:01 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,683 Likes on 4,341 Posts

When my 2021 was brand new, water drained out of those spots in seconds. Now it doesn't drain at all, ever. I don't know if it's the holes pictured above or not, but clearly there was a path for water to drain and that path has been clogged.

When I had a Miata, people would use trombone cleaners to auger out the drains. But without knowing for sure if those holes pictures are for that purpose, I'm hesitant to poke something too far in there.
Old 05-11-2024, 03:29 PM
Andybump
Le Mans Master

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Mist Rulz
When my 2021 was brand new, water drained out of those spots in seconds. Now it doesn't drain at all, ever. I don't know if it's the holes pictured above or not, but clearly there was a path for water to drain and that path has been clogged.

When I had a Miata, people would use trombone cleaners to auger out the drains. But without knowing for sure if those holes pictures are for that purpose, I'm hesitant to poke something too far in there.
The pipe cleaners in the photos went though the holes smoothly and without effort and go way in - but - like you said I do not know they are the drain holes. It seems like they might be closed when when the tonneau cover is closed.
Old 05-11-2024, 05:33 PM
SMOKN C8
Drifting

Received 1,974 Likes on 872 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
Park it on a hill.
this
Old 05-12-2024, 10:49 AM
Acpantera
Pro

Received 590 Likes on 270 Posts

Hard to see in this pic, but when I park my coupe backwards in my slightly inclined drive way, a little pond forms so the pollywog can take a swim.

Quick Reply: Water pooling