How to disable the alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
cargo247
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to disable the alarm

Hi all

Need a little help here with my 81s alarm system, the thing is it does not work I was told this when I got the car they had pulled the courtesy light fuse and he said all was well after they did that, but I like courtesy lights so after hr upon hr of trying to get this to work can someone tell me how to disable the alarm and have courtesy lights and everything else working just not that dam alarm.

Thanks
Hope everyone got around in dam snow!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:45 AM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Hey Todd, while I am very familiar with the factory alarm system on the early C3s, I don't know anything about the alarm on the later C3s....my best suggestion would be to post this in the C3 sections.

Other than that, I would suggest that you buy a service manual with the wiring schematics that you can then use to troubleshoot with a multi meter.......once you can figure out how it is wired and how it works (sequence of operation) it will be pretty straight forward to sort out.....but you will need a basic understanding of electrical circuits as well.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:04 PM
cargo247
Drifting

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
Hey Todd, while I am very familiar with the factory alarm system on the early C3s, I don't know anything about the alarm on the later C3s....my best suggestion would be to post this in the C3 sections.

Other than that, I would suggest that you buy a service manual with the wiring schematics that you can then use to troubleshoot with a multi meter.......once you can figure out how it is wired and how it works (sequence of operation) it will be pretty straight forward to sort out.....but you will need a basic understanding of electrical circuits as well.
Thanks Bruce

Got some info from tech/sec for c3. Tell me something if you pulled your control module for the alarm on your car off would everything still work other than the alarm?
And were on your car is it located?

Thanks Todd
Old 02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

The early C3 alarm system "control module" consists entirely of a latching relay and a common flasher relay - serious! It is a very simple system, and removing the relays will disable the system and not affect anything else. The relays are located in the jack compartment behind the passenger seat.

I quickly looked over the schematics someone posted for you in the tech section, and your system is a little more complicated than mine, so I don't know if simply disconnecting it will have no other side effects, but it's worth a try once you locate it! Using the scematics provided in the tech section, look for a box with that amount of wires with those colors......I have no idea where the control module is located in your car!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:52 AM
cargo247
Drifting

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
The early C3 alarm system "control module" consists entirely of a latching relay and a common flasher relay - serious! It is a very simple system, and removing the relays will disable the system and not affect anything else. The relays are located in the jack compartment behind the passenger seat.

I quickly looked over the schematics someone posted for you in the tech section, and your system is a little more complicated than mine, so I don't know if simply disconnecting it will have no other side effects, but it's worth a try once you locate it! Using the scematics provided in the tech section, look for a box with that amount of wires with those colors......I have no idea where the control module is located in your car!

Hey thanks Bruce
I appreciate you looking that over for me .
I will look over the forums a little bit more before I start ripping in to it.

Nice picture

Thanks Todd

Get notified of new replies

To How to disable the alarm

Quick Reply: How to disable the alarm