Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Detailing our vettes.. What are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

I use the Meguiars Gold Car Wash to wash with Meguiar's afro microfibre mitt, Rejex and Jax Wax (thanks to Ohio Dave) to detail the paint, Jax wax Detail spray inbetween washes, Busch Aluminum Polish products for my wheels(the ONLY stuff to use on bare aluminum), Optibond tire gel from Auto Geek and Turtle Wax Ice Interior gel, water & vinegar solution with microfibre cloth for windows, Zaino Leather cleaner and their conditioner. I can use all this and the top of my car still won't be as clean as the bottom of Bruce's... (looks good buddy )

Oh, and I just ordered an Airforce Master Blaster to dry my car...had to get it just for the name alone

http://www.nakidparts.com/id103.html

PS: Regarding the windows, I use a 4-1 water/vinegar solution. Nothing gets a window cleaner and better still, there are no chemicals left on the window that actually help trap dust. Just make sure you don't use your window MF cloth for anything else except the windows...you'll never buy glass cleaner again

Last edited by 4GTABODT; 04-19-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:22 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered

[QUOTE=Patman;1569765293
As far as shampoo goes, I like the cheap Meguiar's stuff (Deep Crystal), I find it does a better job than their more expensive Gold Class car wash (which I find leaves behind these little blotchy/sticky spots on the paint after you use it) [/QUOTE]

Pat, that has more to do with the fact you probably have hard water in your area. I've been using the gold stuff for years and not an issue here...but the Deep Crystal stuff is amazing as well
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by 4GTABODT
Pat, that has more to do with the fact you probably have hard water in your area. I've been using the gold stuff for years and not an issue here...but the Deep Crystal stuff is amazing as well
My water isn't hard here though, and that's the only soap I've used which does that. Perhaps the bottle I got was just a rare bad one though.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:59 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 659 Likes on 443 Posts

Given what the underside of Bruce's car looks like - one must be able to perform open-heart surgery on the top-side

Last week I picked up a 200 gram bar of clay at the Meguiar's warehouse in Mississauga for $20 cash. Their number is 905 670 5580- call ahead if you are headed there - this tip was passed on by somebody last year....can't remember who. www.meguiarscanada.com

The Meguiar's clay-bar kit sells for $28 at Can Tire but it only includes a tiny 80-gram clay bar, a bottle of detailer and a tiny 4 oz bottle of wax - so the $20 for a much larger clay bar is a good deal.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:02 PM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER JACK
Given what the underside of Bruce's car looks like - one must be able to perform open-heart surgery on the top-side

Last week I picked up a 200 gram bar of clay at the Meguiar's warehouse in Mississauga for $20 cash. Their number is 905 670 5580- call ahead if you are headed there - this tip was passed on by somebody last year....can't remember who. www.meguiarscanada.com

The Meguiar's clay-bar kit sells for $28 at Can Tire but it only includes a tiny 80-gram clay bar, a bottle of detailer and a tiny 4 oz bottle of wax - so the $20 for a much larger clay bar is a good deal.
strange! I called that # and they said the clay bar has been discontinued...what's up with that?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 PM
luvchevs
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER JACK

I have never used a clay bar, can you tell me what you use it for?

Dave
Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Busch Aluminum Polish products for my wheels(the ONLY stuff to use on bare aluminum
I have alot of polished metal on my car, so I am always interested in trying something new. I have never heard of this polish Mo, where can I buy some to give it a try?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruce, where can you buy the Wicked products? I think i need that for the WYCKD 1

Thanks.

lauri
Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by WYCKD 1
Bruce, where can you buy the Wicked products? I think i need that for the WYCKD 1

Thanks.

lauri
Lady L, it happens to be a Canadian company, I order it from their website:

http://www.wickedproducts.ca

It is a great polish, and the myst metal maintainer is awesome!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Cool, thanks for the link

Lady L (i like it!)
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
z060-0
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone tried that Turtle wax ice for paint ??? Any good?

Last edited by z060-0; 04-20-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
I have alot of polished metal on my car, so I am always interested in trying something new. I have never heard of this polish Mo, where can I buy some to give it a try?

Thats the one!! I just Ian on to the stuff but unfortunately you can only get it in the US...either directly from Busch or from one of their authorized dealers. The key to their product line are their cleaners. When you first put them on (depending on the strength) and wash them off, the metal goes milkly. But thats just telling you all the detergents and other polishes have been removed...then when you use the Busch polish, it is almost effortless and the shine is incredible.

I'll talk to you more about on Saturday

Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by z060-0
Anyone tried that Turtle wax ice for paint ??? Any good?

I have some. I sometimes use it "after" I wax the car and it does deepen the shine a bit. Wouldn't use it as a stand alone but it does brighten things up a bit. The down side is it only lasts until you wash your car again
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

PS: Forgot to mention something about the polish...and this pertains to any metal polish really. The Busch guys will tell ya that they only use soft cotton cloths to apply and remove their metal polish...they wouldn't go near microfibre with a 10 foot pole. Have adopted their suggestion and would have to agree with them...I just use cotton now and I can tell the difference...not fine lines or scratches
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

PS: Forgot to mention something about the polish...and this pertains to any metal polish really. The Busch guys will tell ya that they only use soft cotton cloths to apply and remove their metal polish...they wouldn't go near microfibre with a 10 foot pole. Have adopted their suggestion and would have to agree with them...I just use cotton now and I can tell the difference...not fine lines or scratches
Good point Mo. I noticed the same thing with microfibre on metal and now only use really old pieces of 100% cotton t-shirts...if you don't have any lying around, Value Village or Goodwill always have tons and really cheap...plus you are supporting really good charity work

lauri
Old 04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 659 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by rpanesar
strange! I called that # and they said the clay bar has been discontinued...what's up with that?
??? I spoke to Greg Morton - although he did say I got "the last one" - this was last Friday (April 17th)...
Old 04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks...I guess I'll just have to stick to the kit sold at Canadian Tire although I was browsing the website Pierre posted and they have a ton of interesting stuff

Get notified of new replies

To Detailing our vettes.. What are you using?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 PM
terry621
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Peterborough"I'd rather be topless than all couped up" Ontario
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10

Default wheels

Ok not all of us have hoist or the ability to pull our wheels whenever we want to give the inside barrels a good clean and polish

I tried the power ball from Mothers what a waste of 25.00 my opinion

I saw a long drill attachment with blue cloth (carwash like material ) But cant seem to find it anywhere on the web
What do you guys use??
Old 04-24-2009, 07:10 AM
mrgil
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by smook
It's time for me to start cleaning my vette.

What are you using? (and why, your results, your process)

1. for wax. (exterior)
2. interior, vinyl
3. interior, leather seats
4. rubber mouldings
5. tires
6. rims

etc.

I'll start off, I'm in love with the
www.theworldsbestwax.com
Been using it for about 5 years. No zanio for me.

Easy to put on and take off. Fair price. Nice even shine.

What is everyone using for the vinyl interior on the doors, top console etc.?

Let us know. It's time to clean-up our cars.

There seems to be so much junk out there, that can even damage our cars. Let us know what to watch out for too.

Please post.

Exterior Zaino Z5 'cause its Black
mrgil
Old 04-24-2009, 07:25 AM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by terry621
Ok not all of us have hoist or the ability to pull our wheels whenever we want to give the inside barrels a good clean and polish

I tried the power ball from Mothers what a waste of 25.00 my opinion

I saw a long drill attachment with blue cloth (carwash like material ) But cant seem to find it anywhere on the web
What do you guys use??

Terry, are you talking about this?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...owerstick.html

Its being sold by one of the Forum Vendors

Quick Reply: Detailing our vettes.. What are you using?