Canadian Events Canada, eh?

GM Dealer, best Corvette tech in West End?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
teckguy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GM Dealer, best Corvette tech in Toronto West End?

Hey guys, I have a car that was purchased at Logan's in Brampton. Since Logan's is now no longer in business Bob the Corvette mechanic has moved to LMC in Milton so is no longer with GM. Who would you trust your Corvette to in the West End if I need a dealer to read some codes or perform warranty repairs? I have a, "Service Active Handling" message that came on once last night. I am definitely going to install the TSB clip part# 9179794 myself first but may need a Tech 2 Scan.

Pete

Last edited by teckguy; 11-29-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by teckguy
I have a, "Service Active Handling" message that came on once last night.
Pete
With this weather that message will come on but will fix itself at next start up. This message comes up on all our cars with electronic messages.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:38 AM
teckguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bishs
With this weather that message will come on but will fix itself at next start up. This message comes up on all our cars with electronic messages.
Sounds like you had a similar experience. I was heading into Toronto last night and had to take pot hole ridden Lakeshore and the traffic was horrible. I was at a light and did a hard left hand lane change and the DIC went nuts and displayed "Service Active Handling". I had dinner and when I started the car after the message was gone. I did notice my voltage in the heavy traffic was down to 13V instead of the usual 14.5V and shortly after the climate control went from 21 to 28 on its own. No problems coming back after dinner and my Innova 3130 pulled no extended codes and voltage returned to 14.5V. I think I will definitely install clip #19179794 on the SWPS cable and change my 5 year old battery. Also noticed some condensation in my left front head lamp when I got home. Poor car just does not like the cold Is yours still giving you the Active Handling warning now and then?

Last edited by teckguy; 11-29-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Oh, sorry, your thread title only said West End???, since this section of the forum is not just the "Ontario Section" but the "Canadian Section", I thought maybe I could help, clearly it was a wasted click .....
Old 11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

Sounds like you had a similar experience. Is yours still giving you the Active Handling warning now and then?
The STS comes on quite often. The C5 and C6 onece in a while.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Sounds like you had a similar experience. I was heading into Toronto last night and had to take pot hole ridden Lakeshore and the traffic was horrible. I was at a light and did a hard left hand lane change and the DIC went nuts and displayed "Service Active Handling". I had dinner and when I started the car after the message was gone. I did notice my voltage in the heavy traffic was down to 13V instead of the usual 14.5V and shortly after the climate control went from 21 to 28 on its own. No problems coming back after dinner and my Innova 3130 pulled no extended codes and voltage returned to 14.5V. I think I will definitely install clip #19179794 on the SWPS cable and change my 5 year old battery. Also noticed some condensation in my left front head lamp when I got home. Poor car just does not like the cold Is yours still giving you the Active Handling warning now and then?
This is not normal and the weather has nothing to do with it. I drive my car every day and I think that you need to have it checked, something is not right.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 PM
teckguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mad*Max
This is not normal and the weather has nothing to do with it. I drive my car every day and I think that you need to have it checked, something is not right.
Did they ever solve your problem? I noticed in History you were in 3 times. What dealer did you use?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Did they ever solve your problem? I noticed in History you were in 3 times. What dealer did you use?
Yes, the last time they installed a clip (in the steering column) as per the TSB (I'm still under warranty) but that was only a month ago. Hopefully it won't come back. You should definitely fix yours because in the US section there are lots of guys that have had their wheels "lock up" which can cause a serious accident.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Dealer, best Corvette tech in West End?

Quick Reply: GM Dealer, best Corvette tech in West End?