Print Wikipost

Vancouver Corvette Clubs?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Vancouver Corvette Clubs?

Howdy all.

Moving to Vancouver in two and a half weeks. Gary and Jackson have been great helping out on everything, a big Bravo Zulu to them for all their help.

Needed to know the local Vette Clubs web addy to see what events are upcoming. My wife and I both autocross and I also drive HPDE, and she wants to drive those as well.

Should be up there near the end of March. Then to find a place to live with a three car garage. Maybe even a four car garage with a nice 2000 square foot house? It's just the four of us (wife, 9 year old son and his Yellow Lab and myself).

Thanks guys for any and all the help.

Kenny
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

Can't help you with the house but the two main corvette clubs in Vancouver are the Riverside Corvette Club and The BC Corvette Club.
www.riversidecorvetteclub.com
www.bccorvetteclub.ca
Old 02-24-2010, 06:51 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm a few hours from Van.

If you decide to venture to the Okanagan Valley let me know!

Welcome to our place
Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Spinner_89
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May Long Weekend (22nd/23rd & 24th) is a large Corvette gathering in Kelowna.
It's a nice 4 hour drive (most years) and usually a group from Vancouver comes up.
www.corvetteswest.ca has all of the canadian clubs listed and you can find the Kelowna Corvette Club event there. It's always a great time!! Book your hotel early if you're going to go, as it's a busy weekend in Kelowna.

Also check with Gary (NTMD8R) but I think it's the Porsche club that does a lot fo autocross down in your neck of the woods. (The Corvette Clubs haven't done many autocross's in the past few years.)
Old 02-27-2010, 03:35 PM
pgj98m3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HPDE Auto X

I have been a long time member of the BMWCCBC....I wrecked a 98 M3...the BMw club is all inclusive and typically non-BMW's make up close to 50% of any event.
We do an Auto-X like event at Pitt Meadows airport that will give you 20-30 runs...yes 20-30 runs..but is is non-competitive (offically) and does HPDE's at Mission Raceway. Very well run and they have an understanding with ICBC which is why I have a 'vette after putting my BMW into the wall at Mission
Old 07-17-2014, 04:19 PM
searay
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 03 50th anniversary corvette convertible: speedway white, black interior, AT, loaded every option, white cloth top (white/still new) only 18,000Km, Canadian car in mint condition. I am thinking of buying a new C7 convertible with Z51 pkg and was wondering which dealership would be the best to approach to get the best deal? I live on the Northshore.
Many thanks,
JP
Old 07-19-2014, 08:22 AM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

crap this thread back from dead.....woohooo.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:11 AM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by searay
I have 03 50th anniversary corvette convertible: speedway white, black interior, AT, loaded every option, white cloth top (white/still new) only 18,000Km, Canadian car in mint condition. I am thinking of buying a new C7 convertible with Z51 pkg and was wondering which dealership would be the best to approach to get the best deal? I live on the Northshore.
Many thanks,
JP
sounds like a nice car JP but you would be better off starting a new thread
Old 07-24-2018, 06:07 PM
titanle
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Time to resurrect this thread. So how many members are from the Vancouver or Lower Mainland region? I recently bought a 68 and it'd be nice to meet some fellow Corvette enthusiasts in the area. I saw on the BC Corvette Club webpage that there will be a car show at Tsawassen Mills this Sunday, anyone planning on attending?

Cheers
Old 07-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Creedence85
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by titanle
Time to resurrect this thread. So how many members are from the Vancouver or Lower Mainland region? I recently bought a 68 and it'd be nice to meet some fellow Corvette enthusiasts in the area. I saw on the BC Corvette Club webpage that there will be a car show at Tsawassen Mills this Sunday, anyone planning on attending?

Cheers
I'm thinking of checking out the Tsawwassen Mills show this Sunday, though I probably won't be entering my car, just checking out the show for fun. I just got my first Corvette last month, a 2005 Z51 coupe.

I was at the Richmond meet last night (Thursday) at the McDonalds on Russ Baker way near the airport, and met a couple guys from the Riverside Corvette Club. There were a half dozen Corvettes and a lot of muscle cars, rods, even a few imports. One of the guys from Riverside (Nascar03 on canadiancorvetteforums.com) said there's a regular group of Corvettes at various meet up/cruises throughout the week. It was definitely more of a middle age to older caucasian scene, but that's probably 'cause of all the rods.

Wednesday
South Surrey A&W, King George Hwy and 23rd, 40-50 cars.
Tsawwassen Mills A&W, 75-100 cars.

Thursday
Richmond McDonalds, Russ Baker Way/No 2 Rd near the airport, 75-90 cars - They park around the loading docks of the industrial buildings behind the McDonalds, there were probably that many cars, and it looked like a good group of people having a good time, getting along, with no drama, unsafe hooning, or hassles from security/cops.

Friday
South Surrey 192nd St and 27th Ave. 150-200 cars.

Last edited by Creedence85; 07-27-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:37 PM
Hitesh Sonegra
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Creedence85
I'm thinking of checking out the Tsawwassen Mills show this Sunday, though I probably won't be entering my car, just checking out the show for fun. I just got my first Corvette last month, a 2005 Z51 coupe.

I was at the Richmond meet last night (Thursday) at the McDonalds on Russ Baker way near the airport, and met a couple guys from the Riverside Corvette Club. There were a half dozen Corvettes and a lot of muscle cars, rods, even a few imports. One of the guys from Riverside (Nascar03 on canadiancorvetteforums.com) said there's a regular group of Corvettes at various meet up/cruises throughout the week. It was definitely more of a middle age to older caucasian scene, but that's probably 'cause of all the rods.

Wednesday
South Surrey A&W, King George Hwy and 23rd, 40-50 cars.
Tsawwassen Mills A&W, 75-100 cars.

Thursday
Richmond McDonalds, Russ Baker Way/No 2 Rd near the airport, 75-90 cars - They park around the loading docks of the industrial buildings behind the McDonalds, there were probably that many cars, and it looked like a good group of people having a good time, getting along, with no drama, unsafe hooning, or hassles from security/cops.

Friday
South Surrey 192nd St and 27th Ave. 150-200 cars.
New Vette owner here in Vancouver (area). Would love to know if there are local shows or clubs this year. I checked the links and see a few in Kelowna and Alberta but nothing local-ish.

Get notified of new replies

To Vancouver Corvette Clubs?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vancouver Corvette Clubs?