Notices
Canadian Events Canada, eh?
Old 03-06-2015, 02:37 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General How-Tos
Print Wikipost

Vancouver Corvette Clubs?

 
Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
  #1  
KBoltz
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
KBoltz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2000
Location: Eastern Washington
Posts: 1,870
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vancouver Corvette Clubs?

Howdy all.

Moving to Vancouver in two and a half weeks. Gary and Jackson have been great helping out on everything, a big Bravo Zulu to them for all their help.

Needed to know the local Vette Clubs web addy to see what events are upcoming. My wife and I both autocross and I also drive HPDE, and she wants to drive those as well.

Should be up there near the end of March. Then to find a place to live with a three car garage. Maybe even a four car garage with a nice 2000 square foot house? It's just the four of us (wife, 9 year old son and his Yellow Lab and myself).

Thanks guys for any and all the help.

Kenny
KBoltz is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
  #2  
CanadaGrant
CF Senior Member
 
CanadaGrant's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Blind Bay BC
Posts: 3,824
Received 311 Likes on 266 Posts
Default

Can't help you with the house but the two main corvette clubs in Vancouver are the Riverside Corvette Club and The BC Corvette Club.
www.riversidecorvetteclub.com
www.bccorvetteclub.ca
CanadaGrant is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 06:51 PM
  #3  
CTD
CF Senior Member
 
CTD's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2005
Location: Sicamous BC
Posts: 2,222
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

I'm a few hours from Van.

If you decide to venture to the Okanagan Valley let me know!

Welcome to our place
CTD is offline  
Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 PM
  #4  
Spinner_89
CF Senior Member
 
Spinner_89's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2008
Location: Calgary Alberta
Posts: 531
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

May Long Weekend (22nd/23rd & 24th) is a large Corvette gathering in Kelowna.
It's a nice 4 hour drive (most years) and usually a group from Vancouver comes up.
www.corvetteswest.ca has all of the canadian clubs listed and you can find the Kelowna Corvette Club event there. It's always a great time!! Book your hotel early if you're going to go, as it's a busy weekend in Kelowna.

Also check with Gary (NTMD8R) but I think it's the Porsche club that does a lot fo autocross down in your neck of the woods. (The Corvette Clubs haven't done many autocross's in the past few years.)
Spinner_89 is offline  
Old 02-27-2010, 03:35 PM
  #5  
pgj98m3
CF Senior Member
 
pgj98m3's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 4,935
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPDE Auto X

I have been a long time member of the BMWCCBC....I wrecked a 98 M3...the BMw club is all inclusive and typically non-BMW's make up close to 50% of any event.
We do an Auto-X like event at Pitt Meadows airport that will give you 20-30 runs...yes 20-30 runs..but is is non-competitive (offically) and does HPDE's at Mission Raceway. Very well run and they have an understanding with ICBC which is why I have a 'vette after putting my BMW into the wall at Mission
pgj98m3 is offline  
Old 07-17-2014, 04:19 PM
  #6  
searay
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: West Vancouver British Columbia
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have 03 50th anniversary corvette convertible: speedway white, black interior, AT, loaded every option, white cloth top (white/still new) only 18,000Km, Canadian car in mint condition. I am thinking of buying a new C7 convertible with Z51 pkg and was wondering which dealership would be the best to approach to get the best deal? I live on the Northshore.
Many thanks,
JP
searay is offline  
Old 07-19-2014, 08:22 AM
  #7  
sami85L98
CF Senior Member
 
sami85L98's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2005
Location: Scarborough ONTARIO
Posts: 8,079
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

crap this thread back from dead.....woohooo.
sami85L98 is offline  
Old 07-20-2014, 10:11 AM
  #8  
vt65
CF Senior Member
 
vt65's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Simcoe Ontario
Posts: 4,124
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by searay View Post
I have 03 50th anniversary corvette convertible: speedway white, black interior, AT, loaded every option, white cloth top (white/still new) only 18,000Km, Canadian car in mint condition. I am thinking of buying a new C7 convertible with Z51 pkg and was wondering which dealership would be the best to approach to get the best deal? I live on the Northshore.
Many thanks,
JP
sounds like a nice car JP but you would be better off starting a new thread
vt65 is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 06:07 PM
  #9  
titanle
CF Senior Member
 
titanle's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 585
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Time to resurrect this thread. So how many members are from the Vancouver or Lower Mainland region? I recently bought a 68 and it'd be nice to meet some fellow Corvette enthusiasts in the area. I saw on the BC Corvette Club webpage that there will be a car show at Tsawassen Mills this Sunday, anyone planning on attending?

Cheers
titanle is offline  
Old 07-27-2018, 02:23 PM
  #10  
Creedence85
Junior Member
 
Creedence85's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 48
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by titanle View Post
Time to resurrect this thread. So how many members are from the Vancouver or Lower Mainland region? I recently bought a 68 and it'd be nice to meet some fellow Corvette enthusiasts in the area. I saw on the BC Corvette Club webpage that there will be a car show at Tsawassen Mills this Sunday, anyone planning on attending?

Cheers
I'm thinking of checking out the Tsawwassen Mills show this Sunday, though I probably won't be entering my car, just checking out the show for fun. I just got my first Corvette last month, a 2005 Z51 coupe.

I was at the Richmond meet last night (Thursday) at the McDonalds on Russ Baker way near the airport, and met a couple guys from the Riverside Corvette Club. There were a half dozen Corvettes and a lot of muscle cars, rods, even a few imports. One of the guys from Riverside (Nascar03 on canadiancorvetteforums.com) said there's a regular group of Corvettes at various meet up/cruises throughout the week. It was definitely more of a middle age to older caucasian scene, but that's probably 'cause of all the rods.

Wednesday
South Surrey A&W, King George Hwy and 23rd, 40-50 cars.
Tsawwassen Mills A&W, 75-100 cars.

Thursday
Richmond McDonalds, Russ Baker Way/No 2 Rd near the airport, 75-90 cars - They park around the loading docks of the industrial buildings behind the McDonalds, there were probably that many cars, and it looked like a good group of people having a good time, getting along, with no drama, unsafe hooning, or hassles from security/cops.

Friday
South Surrey 192nd St and 27th Ave. 150-200 cars.

Last edited by Creedence85; 07-27-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Creedence85 is offline  
Old 06-19-2019, 05:37 PM
  #11  
Hitesh Sonegra
Junior Member
 
Hitesh Sonegra's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2019
Posts: 10
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Creedence85 View Post
I'm thinking of checking out the Tsawwassen Mills show this Sunday, though I probably won't be entering my car, just checking out the show for fun. I just got my first Corvette last month, a 2005 Z51 coupe.

I was at the Richmond meet last night (Thursday) at the McDonalds on Russ Baker way near the airport, and met a couple guys from the Riverside Corvette Club. There were a half dozen Corvettes and a lot of muscle cars, rods, even a few imports. One of the guys from Riverside (Nascar03 on canadiancorvetteforums.com) said there's a regular group of Corvettes at various meet up/cruises throughout the week. It was definitely more of a middle age to older caucasian scene, but that's probably 'cause of all the rods.

Wednesday
South Surrey A&W, King George Hwy and 23rd, 40-50 cars.
Tsawwassen Mills A&W, 75-100 cars.

Thursday
Richmond McDonalds, Russ Baker Way/No 2 Rd near the airport, 75-90 cars - They park around the loading docks of the industrial buildings behind the McDonalds, there were probably that many cars, and it looked like a good group of people having a good time, getting along, with no drama, unsafe hooning, or hassles from security/cops.

Friday
South Surrey 192nd St and 27th Ave. 150-200 cars.
New Vette owner here in Vancouver (area). Would love to know if there are local shows or clubs this year. I checked the links and see a few in Kelowna and Alberta but nothing local-ish.
Hitesh Sonegra is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vancouver Corvette Clubs?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: