Ron Fellows: 3 Worst Things that Cdn Drivers Do

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 11:07 AM
WYCKD 1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Overdrive
Gotta look good for the winners circle!

I never said women, can't men put on makeup too? You're right though, the makeup part targets women, sorry. While the number of each group of drivers (sex, ethnicity, vehicle, et al) affects the statistical outcome doesn't mean they are the worst or best.
Thank you and it's all good

lauri

PS..Even make-up wouldn't fix the helmet head look...
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM
dlynch
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Another pet peeve. Drivers running lights. And no stops at stop signs.

My wife was stopped at a light no emergency, normal slow and stop; hit from behind a week or so ago. Guy planned to run the light.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Overdrive
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlynch

My wife was stopped at a light no emergency, normal slow and stop; hit from behind a week or so ago. Guy planned to run the light.
If you have the time to plan running the light doesn't that mean you have time to stop for the light?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 PM
dlynch
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

She was able to stop,with no emergency. For whatever reason, he didn't. Didn't have current insurance information either. I'm sure he has a story.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:31 PM
FireRoc
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dlynch

A few years ago I almost got hit from behind at an advance green. I could have almost made it but noticed a cop sitting in the lane next to the left turn lane a car or two back from the light, so I decided discretion was called for and stopped.........fairly quickly as the advance left ended. Behind me I heard LOUD squealing tires and thought for sure I was going to get hit. But the guy managed to get it stopped .........right beside the cop. That cop chewed that guy a new one for several minutes (on the green light). I guess cops can be in the right spot at the right time from time to time.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:12 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by FireRoc
A few years ago I almost got hit from behind at an advance green. I could have almost made it but noticed a cop sitting in the lane next to the left turn lane a car or two back from the light, so I decided discretion was called for and stopped.........fairly quickly as the advance left ended. Behind me I heard LOUD squealing tires and thought for sure I was going to get hit. But the guy managed to get it stopped .........right beside the cop. That cop chewed that guy a new one for several minutes (on the green light). I guess cops can be in the right spot at the right time from time to time.
You blew that one The new protocol for advanced green is to keep going, as well as about 20 cars behind you well after the light has gone past yellow and turned red. You just stay tight on the bumper of the car ahead and the red light doesn't actually matter. After all, no-one can go if you're still in the intersection turning, right?

Lately, people are doing the above so badly I start to pull ahead and lay on the horn and start giving them the finger. Geeze, going on the yellow is OK but when I've had the green for 5 or 10 seconds and I'm still waiting it's turned past rediculous to complete retardedness. I know people say "road rage" is bad and just let it go, but so is turning on a red and I have no respect or patience for people running red lights.

Peter

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows: 3 Worst Things that Cdn Drivers Do