Canadian Events Canada, eh?

wide booty/paint shops Calgary

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Phill25
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wide booty/paint shops Calgary

Hello, I'm looking into doing a wide booty kit on my 08 c6, but when calling around for paint I have been getting quotes around 2K$ just to paint the fenders, not even to blend the surrounding paint.

The fenders are going to be painted black, not sure if that makes a difference?

Anyone know any decent shops in Calgary? If 2K is the price I will just have to decide based on that.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Phill25
Hello, I'm looking into doing a wide booty kit on my 08 c6, but when calling around for paint I have been getting quotes around 2K$ just to paint the fenders, not even to blend the surrounding paint.

Anyone know any decent shops in Calgary? If 2K is the price I will just have to decide based on that.
2 Grand?? Wow, kind of wish I was still in the Automotive refinishing business (not really )
Your fenders do not have to be blended with GM's Black, it is just Black and clear coat, no tinters in it other than good old Black. To refinish and clear two fenders would be tops 7 hours.
Even at 100 per hour for labour that is $700 plus materials, not even close to 2 grand.
Maybe they quoted the price thinking they will have to do a lot of bodywork on them to get them straight???
maybee......
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Phill25
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the guy said he had vettes and done this before, that the gel-coat needed 5+ coats of high build base primer to get rid of pin holes??? lol , and to be blocked then painted. I thought the wide body fenders where from the factory, as in, gm just primers and paints them?

Man alive, motors, axles, tranny's I know every bolt in. painting.... no f-in clue.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:06 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

If they are GM parts, there will NOT be any pinholes to fill and they WILL bolt on very easily (at least the rear quarter panels will).
Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phill25

That's ridiculous!

Perhaps call Davenport or Western Corvette and ask for a recommendation.

Get notified of new replies

To wide booty/paint shops Calgary

Quick Reply: wide booty/paint shops Calgary