Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Woodward Dream Cruise 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Woodward Dream Cruise 2012

Just booked my rooms in for the Woodward Dream Cruise 2012--I know it is the week before Corvettes of Carlisle--but it is a great show!! I am at the Marriott Courtyard in Troy , Michigan if anyone is interested in joining me let me know and we can set it up. Here is the link for the criuse:

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

and the Troy Marriott.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-detroit-troy/

I usually head down Friday morning Aug. 17th---take the Ferry across and head to hotel--cruise the strip and Pontiac loop friday evening--Saturday all day at the Cruise--head out to supper. Then head back to Canada on Sunday. If you are interested let me know.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Haven't been to the "Wuhwuh" cruise in a few years, but whenever going to Detroit we always stay in Windsor. Riverfront rooms are nice and usually quite reasonable. Crossing is easy, but most of all we're just more comfortable staying in Canada.

The "yak"town (Pontiac) crew are pretty interesting. One year we hooked up with a group from there who were all led by a guy driving a bright green super-metallic C3 with gold wheels and all-gold trim, outshone only by his snakeskin dash and (IIRC) leopard skin seats.

So WW, what is this Ferry you speak of?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Rather than sit on the Bluewater bridge for 2 hours--(Nascar at Michigan International is on and Woodward Dream Cruise)---we cut south of Sarnia to Sombra---catch the Bluewater ferrie across---no line ups--no border waits--friendly border patrols!! $6.00 per car

http://www.bluewaterferry.com/
Old 04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Cool idea - it would have its charms and maybe save some time too.
We'll have to keep that ferry in mind!

Growing up in Windsor, the trip back is almost a journey in autopilot. At least there is enough enforcement that watching speed helps keep you awake through that lonnnng-straight-flat run from London to Lakeshore (Tecumseh etc.)

Just wouldn't seem the same without crossing via Ambassador Bridge. Here's a fond video memory going across it with my daughter. We did a great road trip to the Henry Ford on her birthday. The whole trip was with our top down and while crossing amazingly she caught this rogue helium balloon that she then released! What a blast, and an unexpected bday gift for her too.

(sorry for the wind noise)
Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are set! We are staying in Bloomfield on Woodward N. We will be arriving on Tuesday and departing Sunday.
Wednesday at the Hotel there is a gathering of about 500 Vettes in the afternoon and evening in support of a Food Drive. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday there are Tours set up at a few locations.

*****.... we will look for you on Saturday morning. Same location as last year? We will be taking the GS.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Just booked my rooms in for the Woodward Dream Cruise 2012--I know it is the week before Corvettes of Carlisle--but it is a great show!! I am at the Marriott Courtyard in Troy , Michigan if anyone is interested in joining me let me know and we can set it up. Here is the link for the criuse:

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

and the Troy Marriott.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-detroit-troy/

I usually head down Friday morning Aug. 17th---take the Ferry across and head to hotel--cruise the strip and Pontiac loop friday evening--Saturday all day at the Cruise--head out to supper. Then head back to Canada on Sunday. If you are interested let me know.
Very interested this year *****. Let's talk at the Sherway GTG.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Car still stored in garage---leaving for Scotland next week---so vette will not be out till after I return. I think you have my cell give me a call.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

There was some interest shown at the Jackson show for the Woodward Dream Cruise. In the top posting is where I am staying at the Marriot Courtyard on 1525 East Maple Road in Troy, Michigan. If anyone cares to join in the cruise let me know. We would probably leave Guelph by 8 am on Friday and take the 402 to Sarnia and cross at the Bluewater Ferry. Generally I just head to the cruise on Saturday and get a parking spot with my car (usually around $50) Watch the cruise all day then head to super----wake up Sunday---and do the nice cruise home. If you want to join in let me know---check with the Marriott to see if they have rooms and book now.---most of the Canadians stay here anyway.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Frank4202
Melting Slicks

Received 401 Likes on 224 Posts

Im gonna keep an eye out on this thread. Living in Windsor, the dream cruise is only 20 minutes away from me and Ive never been. If you guys pass through Windsor, we should cruise over together!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

We always cross at Sarnia--distance is shorter----Ambassador and Bluewater will be packed that weekend--NASCAR at Michigan International and Woodward---so we take the Ferry at Sombra to cross. We are usually at the Quaker State Oil change place on Woodward on northbound lane in Birmingham--drop by and say Hi!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

*****:

Coming home Sunday the Bluewater Bridge was empty as the Race was still going on.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by DigitalZ
Very interested this year *****. Let's talk at the Sherway GTG.

Me too Peter, always wanted to do this.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
East MI Events Coordinator

To all of my Canadian friends. If you are coming to Woodward Dream Cruise you might consider coming is a little early and join me for Corvettes on Woodward that begins on Wednesday August 15 with tours of the GM Heritage Center then on to the Radisson Hotel in Bloomfield Hills for one of the biggest Corvette get togethers with last year at 563 Corvettes. This event is all for a big food drive. On Thursday we are off to the GM Performace Build Center for an Open House. I have additional tours to do on Friday and meet & greets on Wednesday and Thursday night. I promise you will not be bored. The Radisson Hotel is all booked up but my back up hotel is Somerset Inn just about 5 minutes away. If you would like more complete information please contact me at vjnlcsvette@aol.com. I hope to see you in August. Save the Wave. Larry Courtney
Old 06-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

We were there last year and will be there this year on Wednesday.
This "One BIG" afternoon. Last year there were about 500 Corvettes and this year they are expecting more.
Larry and his wife do a GREAT job of organizing everything.

Originally Posted by Dreamcruiser1977
To all of my Canadian friends. If you are coming to Woodward Dream Cruise you might consider coming is a little early and join me for Corvettes on Woodward that begins on Wednesday August 15 with tours of the GM Heritage Center then on to the Radisson Hotel in Bloomfield Hills for one of the biggest Corvette get togethers with last year at 563 Corvettes. This event is all for a big food drive. On Thursday we are off to the GM Performace Build Center for an Open House. I have additional tours to do on Friday and meet & greets on Wednesday and Thursday night. I promise you will not be bored. The Radisson Hotel is all booked up but my back up hotel is Somerset Inn just about 5 minutes away. If you would like more complete information please contact me at vjnlcsvette@aol.com. I hope to see you in August. Save the Wave. Larry Courtney
Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Time to bump this baby back up to the top of the list---anyone want to head down with me on Friday morning Aug 17th---probably leave Guelph about 8 am--gets us into Detroit about 11 or so!! Gotta stock up on some Techtrol anyway!!! Let me know.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
FOLDNTOP
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm toying with the idea of leaving Oakville early Saturday morning and driving the route and then heading back Sat night. Depends on work and weather. Jim
Old 08-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Time to bump this baby back up to the top of the list---anyone want to head down with me on Friday morning Aug 17th---probably leave Guelph about 8 am--gets us into Detroit about 11 or so!! Gotta stock up on some Techtrol anyway!!! Let me know.
Hey *****,

Ragdoll and I are in. We should meet at the Petro Can service centre on the 401 between Guelph and Cambridge.

Get notified of new replies

To Woodward Dream Cruise 2012

Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Hey *****,

Ragdoll and I are in. We should meet at the Petro Can service centre on the 401 between Guelph and Cambridge.

what time? Give an eastender some time to get out there
Old 08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey *****,

I think that service centre is gone now. It's under construction to build a new one.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

You are correct that service centre is closed. Lets meet at the Tim Hortons on North Townline Road, Cambridge County Road 33. It is the next exit past the old service centre--go north--first left Hortons is right there on the left.---how is 9:00 am?? Gets in Detroit at 11:00 am or so?? Let me know!

Last edited by WildWilly55; 08-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise 2012