OT - Drano in Plastic Bottles

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 AM
Spocc
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1vette
Hi....Eyemaster/SPOCC and all.....

Let me put this to rest......If you see a clear plastic bottle on your lawn, before you pick it up, check to see if it has anything in it. If it has what appears to be a liquid and some sort of silver aluminum product in it.....

Don't pick it up,poke it or try to move it with a stick (hockey or broom stick is not long enough) .....Call the 911 and tell them you have a suspicious bottle.......

It is a VIOLENT explosion....

HTH......

PS....I am a certified Arson/Explosive & Cause investigator

a little sodium hydroxide, H2O & aluminum in a small plastic drinking bottle will not have a violent explosion.

reaction is triggered by bottle being moved & will expand immediately, splitting the side of plastic bottle or popping the cap off.

relax

i have handled more plastics & c4 than you could fill yer Vette with - x pipeline diver
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

^^^ spammer alert ^^^
(where do people find this time to waste?)

BTW - Appears that although isolated - this was a real threat by idiots with malicious intent.
Spammer alert refers to the automatic post above - not the OP or other proceeding comments.

Last edited by PaulUptime; 10-04-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

How the heck do these kids put the ingredients into to bottle without causing it to react in the first place. I am sure we could all submit a list of names who we could volunteer to practice then we stand well back and video.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Sounds like a load of manure to me - all you have to do is use some common sense and THINK !

To get the dreaded reaction everyone is talking about ; all the ingredients would have to be placed in the bottle in isolation from each other.
Then if disturbed (mixed) there could possibly be the reaction talked about.

As far as losing fingers etc - many times, when unclogging a sink or bath tub drain, have moved Drain-Ban pellets with my fingers - rinsing immediately after with no life threatening effects.
I don't know a thing about "snopes", other than had someone emailing snopes crap on a regular basis to protect me, until I told the person to cool it - that I could deal with the consequences of "not knowing" LOL

Quick Reply: OT - Drano in Plastic Bottles