Canadian Events Canada, eh?

My C5Z Goes to DaSilva Motorsports (Review)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Rev_2_8k
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carbotech adam
Carbotech pads will give you an emergency stop like you have never seen on the street, the big problem is the person behind you can not stop in the distance you do. Give me a call at 216-780-8825 I will be happy to talk with you. XP10 front XP8 is your best bet for street and track.
Awesome, will call you sometime this week. You have any deals going for us forum members?

Originally Posted by Soloontario
I use Carbotech XP 10s up front with some home made ghetto brake ducts (tried Quantum and didn't like them at all) and believe it or not Hawk HP+ out back. I run a square set up with either NT01s or Hankook RS3s and the standard brake balance on the car seems way too rear biased with the better rubber, hence the decidedly weaker and colder temp rear pad. The Carbotechs are absolutely streetable but you need to be aware that you might remove the transfer layer with a lot street driving meaning you need to rebed them in on the first track session of the day.

The Mobil 1 Time-Attack series is going to Grand Bend July 13-14. Why don't you join us? We are at Shannonville this weekend for Pro track on Sat and Full track on Sunday but I know that is a bit of a hike for you from home.

BTW, you didn't mention who you run with at Mosport. We have a full weekend in Aug but unfortunately it is the same wkend as my daughter's wedding and I certainly can't afford the divorce so I'll be missing it. I'm really looking for some Grand Prix track time but the Kensai days on long weekends don't work for me.
So, you're finding stock brake ducting on the Z06 is insufficient? I still run stock rim set up, Nitto NT01 275/315 combo (I like the way it corners). Lots of reading/research and seems like square unsettles the car but I guess it comes down to personal preference right?

I haven't run Mosport in the Vette yet, just in my buddies Turbo S Porsche, and years before used to go with Togue.... but I don't really like how those are run on recent years so I'm looking for other avenues.

I have a question for all that own the Z, are you running aftermarket pedals? I ask this because it's extremely hard to heal/toe with the current stock pedals.

Steve
Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Soloontario
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The stock "ducting" on a C5Z is just a large tube dumping air into the wheel well i.e not very effective ( I believe the C6Z at least directs it towards the rotor.

I have cut back the stock duct in the wheel well almost flush to the inner fender and jammed flex tubing up to within 3 " of the front of the car and sealed it there. The end of the hose is fixed to the spindle directing air to the hub and inner rotor face.

I found the quantum ducts didn't have any way to seal the front end which means air just leaked around the ducts like crazy. Wasn't prepared to pay for Doug Rippie ones or spend the effort converting C6Z ducts to fit my C5Z. So far they the ghetto solution has worked moderately well.

BTW no issue for me with the stock pedals.

Quick Reply: My C5Z Goes to DaSilva Motorsports (Review)