Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Mobil 1 Time-Attack series at Shannonville

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Soloontario
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Mobil 1 Time-Attack series at Shannonville

The ASN sanctioned Mobil 1 Time-Attack series comes to Shannonville for the weekend of June 22-23.

We are the only series to use the 3 km Pro track on Saturday and 4 km Full track on Sunday.

All you need is a car, driver's licence and an approved helmet.

Let your Corvette breathe in a safe environment and let yourself experience some real speed with no risk of tickets etc. C5Zs reach about 190 kph on the back straight but it is the turns that make it fun.

For more info go to www.time-attack.ca
Old 06-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Soloontario
Pro

What is the purpose of having a high performance car if you never get to see just how high performance it is? No, an off ramp is not a good place to measure a car's handling and trying any sustained illegal speeds on the street is sure to get your car impounded.

Why not come out to the track and find out what you and your Corvette can do? The Mobil 1 Time-Attack series has the only certified instructors in any lapping or time trial series in the country. Don't just go to a lapping event with minimal instruction and lots of drivers with varying levels of experience and competence. Come to Shannonville on June 22 and/or 23 and find out what you have been missing while picking the brains of some more experienced drivers.

The series is open to any car that started off from an OE manufacturer and Corvette's are doing very well. You could add you and your car to the list.

Lapping with instruction all morning with point by passing and timed competition laps in the afternoon with no passing allowed. You get to drive at the speed you are comfortable with.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Soloontario
Pro

The weekend went very well with lots of lap times despite rain in the afternoon on Saturday.

A C5Z took fastest time of day for a street driven vehicle on Sunday (unfortunately not mine )

This link shows some Pics http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27844 as well as some links to other videos for some good in car shots.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:59 AM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Soloontario
The weekend went very well with lots of lap times despite rain in the afternoon on Saturday.

A C5Z took fastest time of day for a street driven vehicle on Sunday (unfortunately not mine )
Was it Riaan?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Soloontario
Pro

Originally Posted by spicytuna
Was it Riaan?
No, Lloyd M. ( Can't remember his name on this board). Haven't seen Riann yet this year. Guess he is waiting for CTMP Big track. Lloyd's car is bone stock vs Riann's which is no where near stock.

I can post the final results later this week but Lloyd got down to 1 min 59 sec flat which is a very good time for the Full track. Unfortunately it was way too wet to get accurate times on the Pro track on Saturday during competition but 3 of us were in the 73.5 to 74.5 range during non competitive lapping in the morning.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 AM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

59.0 was pretty slow but in my defense it was pretty hot out.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Soloontario
Pro

Hot enough that in every session including some end of day lapping, my fastest lap was my first followed by subsequently slower laps. (This is not my normal pattern) This is on Hankook RS3s. OTOH those drivers on BFG Rivals seemed to keep getting faster. Hmmmm......

Hey Lloyd, you already have a Z. Time to change your tag?

Get notified of new replies

To Mobil 1 Time-Attack series at Shannonville

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 Time-Attack series at Shannonville