Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Help-my car was stolen!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Wow, sorry to hear this Arun, makes me sick! hope you get the beast back and that these scumbags gets theirs.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

OMG--dirty little beggars---have posted your picture to all the Linamar Drivers---they do the 401 corridor every day!!! keep us posted!!
Old 11-19-2013, 10:42 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow this made me feel sick to my stomach. Arun, make sure you look on Kijiji, Craigslist, andlook for major parts because chances are this this is coming apart as we speak.

I hope these were amateurs and wont know what to do with what they just stole.

Will keep eyes open and will do some searches myself, hope things turn out for the best.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 AM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

I will keep a look out for you, I'm all over the map as well.
get it on facebook and twitter this will multiply the search. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 PM
ChopperLoco
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Watching here Arun!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
freedomfighter69
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get camera images and videos from your local area gas stations.,Tim's,.Mc Donald's etc,.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:14 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by freedomfighter69
Get camera images and videos from your local area gas stations.,Tim's,.Mc Donald's etc,.
Good idea.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:45 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Had any disgruntled customers in the last year? would be looking at that list also.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:54 PM
costad66
Instructor

Really bad news, I'm so sorry to hear about you dad's health. He's great guy I wish him a quick recovery. As for the car, truck & trailer all can be replaced. Those closest to us can never be duplicated.

Costa D
Old 11-20-2013, 01:04 AM
Mike Jung
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is the info I read elsewhere...

Truck is '07 F-150 Lariat. Crew Cab, black. Lifted on black 20" wheels. Mud tires.
Ontario plates: 115 1TX

& a recap on the car (posted earlier):

Old 11-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Monte04ss
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about this Arun,

the amount of time and money you have into that machine must be gut wrenching to try and pick up the pieces.

I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Hang in there,
Old 11-20-2013, 03:26 PM
1z062nv
Racer

sorry to here Arun... just monday my neighbors house got robbed and they destroyed it, cops said they were in there for 4-5 hours. hope they find the guys who did it...
Old 11-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Rev_2_8k
Instructor

Arun, sorry to hear man.

Hopefully they find these scumbags and your truck/car. Assuming insurance covered everything (we know how that goes ) it wouldn't even to begin to scratch the surface of how much TLC and man hours you put into that beast.

It's terrible to think that there's scum bag low lives out there stealing our hard earned possessions. I'd love to get my hands on them for just 1 min.

Steve
Old 11-21-2013, 01:32 PM
FordPrefect
Advanced

I have been thinking that IF this doesn't have a happy ending..how about a raffle for Arun?

Something like a catback or wheels or even a gift certificate could be raffled off with ALL the proceeds going to Arun. I know there is insurance but that isn't going to cover ever thing he put into that car. This would be a perfect way for the community to pay back a guy who truely deserves better.

No idea how this could be done, but I'm sure there are people here who know the logistics involved. I have posted this on the Canadian Corvette Forum as well.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:51 PM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
I have been thinking that IF this doesn't have a happy ending..how about a raffle for Arun?

Something like a catback or wheels or even a gift certificate could be raffled off with ALL the proceeds going to Arun. I know there is insurance but that isn't going to cover ever thing he put into that car. This would be a perfect way for the community to pay back a guy who truely deserves better.

No idea how this could be done, but I'm sure there are people here who know the logistics involved. I have posted this on the Canadian Corvette Forum as well.
That's actually a very nice gesture. And wish Arun all the best in getting his car back. But I consider this a FWP ( First World Problem). I'm sure Arun's luck will turn up and the pendulum will swing back his way. at least he has a bed to sleep in, 3 meals to eat, and a job to go to. Arun will be ok. This hobby is a luxury, like feeling bad for someone who lost his Rolex. Life happens, we live on.

If there was ever a raffle for someone who is sick in a hospital, needs financial assistance cause they cant afford to eat, or hear of anyone struggling just to get by in life, sign me up for 10 tickets!

We are very fortunate to have the toys we have, when our neighbors worry about how they will get through another month paying their mortgage, or feeding their children.

Just putting things into perspective. At the end of the day, it was just a fking car!

peace and good luck!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:46 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ford prefect: Excellent idea. Iam in for something small, however if Arun end up with another C5 and wants to mod it.....my service to work on it....anything from bare frame to complete assembly, dont have cash but i can provide mechanical service.

But....i have a strong feeling that he might get his car back.....hope so.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:23 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MRNZ06
That's actually a very nice gesture. And wish Arun all the best in getting his car back. But I consider this a FWP ( First World Problem). I'm sure Arun's luck will turn up and the pendulum will swing back his way. at least he has a bed to sleep in, 3 meals to eat, and a job to go to. Arun will be ok. This hobby is a luxury, like feeling bad for someone who lost his Rolex. Life happens, we live on.

If there was ever a raffle for someone who is sick in a hospital, needs financial assistance cause they cant afford to eat, or hear of anyone struggling just to get by in life, sign me up for 10 tickets!

We are very fortunate to have the toys we have, when our neighbors worry about how they will get through another month paying their mortgage, or feeding their children.

Just putting things into perspective. At the end of the day, it was just a fking car!

peace and good luck!
Agreed, I talked to Arun it's not about the money as he is quite well off. It's about all the time and hard labor to create one of the fastest C5s in the world. Hope they find these bastards soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Help-my car was stolen!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Will keep my eyes peeled in case it makes its way out west.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Polar Jet
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates???
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 AM
FordPrefect
Advanced

Originally Posted by Polar Jet
Any updates???
I was at Dasilva Motorsports yesterday and the answer (sadly) is no.

Quick Reply: Help-my car was stolen!!!!!!