Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Now Active - GM Canada - Build & Price for 2014 Corvette!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 01:08 AM
LIVIO
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Now Active - GM Canada - Build & Price for 2014 Corvette!

Finally GM Canada realized that since customers have been taking delivery of their 2014 Corvette Stingray's that it only made sense to activate the Build and Price feature for the 2014 Corvette.

What took so long is what I would like to know!

Go to www.gm.ca and look for 2014 Corvette.

Livio

Last edited by LIVIO; 12-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

It's actually been active for a few weeks now, as I've "built" my own C7 a number of times over the past few weeks. In my case, building one and actually getting one are two different things though, but it's nice to dream for the future

One thing I don't like about Canada vs the US in this regard, is that on the US site, it shows a lot more options that you can add that are dealer installed, but the Canadian site does not show this. I'm not sure if this means those options aren't available to us, or if they just don't show up on the configurator. The number one thing I would want that isn't on our build your own site is the option to add the wing spoiler or the Z51 spoiler to the base model. Even though those wings are dealer installed options, they each do have an RPO code.

Last edited by Patman; 12-25-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

That site has been up for almost 2 months now, but strangely when you just go to gm.ca and click chevrolet you can only configure a 2013 Corvette. (emoticon is not towards OP but to GM Canada lol) Edit: I noticed that as of today yes you can access the 2014 configurator from gm.ca....must have been a recent update a week or so ago, but still, was well over-due and at least 6 weeks after it was ready.

Last edited by Achmed; 12-26-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 AM
squalo3
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LIVIO
Finally GM Canada realized that since customers have been taking delivery of their 2014 Corvette Stingray's that it only made sense to activate the Build and Price feature for the 2014 Corvette.

What took so long is what I would like to know!

Go to www.gm.ca and look for 2014 Corvette.

Livio
Thanks for the info, went to the site and it's up and running without any issues.
GM Canada always lags behind the U.S. site on the "build and price" feature, among other things...that goes for all vehicles.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:04 PM
SUCAMILLA U 427
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-31-2013, 10:45 PM
Jeffer
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Default quite disappointed actually

when the USA pricing came out I contacted 6 dealers in alberta, and BC and tried to get proper information and all were different pricing,
including the most important starting price,

I asked all of them if this was the correct pricing and they ALL SAID YES, big liars all of them,

so now that pricing is available I faxed the built sheets to the same salesman and asked for an answer, none given,

what a mess so I am a conspiricy theorist and say

with the GM allocation of 3000 (?) or so

GM canada purposely did not update the website until almost all the allocations were gone, nice touch

Jeffer2013 but maybe not 2014 as well

later eh
Old 01-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffer
when the USA pricing came out I contacted 6 dealers in alberta, and BC and tried to get proper information and all were different pricing,
including the most important starting price,

I asked all of them if this was the correct pricing and they ALL SAID YES, big liars all of them,

so now that pricing is available I faxed the built sheets to the same salesman and asked for an answer, none given,

what a mess so I am a conspiricy theorist and say

with the GM allocation of 3000 (?) or so

GM canada purposely did not update the website until almost all the allocations were gone, nice touch

Jeffer2013 but maybe not 2014 as well

later eh
I respect your opinion but I guess I'm giving GM Canada benefit of the doubt despite that I know many dealers would have held back the actual pricing from customers.

TOVettefan had posted what the Canadian pricing was I think about a week before it was officially shared on GM authority (this was around June or maybe even May of this year). So the first time I contacted my dealer I let him know that I'm aware of the official MSRP.

Regarding the Canadian build site, there actually was one up since the Fall (under http:/configurator...something) which had the 2014 corvette and all other 2014 models too, yet most of these 2014 models were not showing up on the www.gm.ca site until one day when they all, corvette included, showed up on the same day on gm.ca. So if it was just the 2014 Corvette build site that was late then I'd probably agree with the conspiracy theory, but it was the same thing with many 2014 models.

Last edited by Achmed; 01-01-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:36 AM
timmmmay
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that I could actually afford to buy one new - but when I was in getting serviced Friday - my sales guy laughed when I said I wanted to order a base Crystal Red Tintcoat....
Good luck, we aren't even allowed to order them - we won't get one!

Supply & Demand I guess. Wish Cornwall was bigger, hope to see one in person someday!

Get notified of new replies

To Now Active - GM Canada - Build & Price for 2014 Corvette!

Quick Reply: Now Active - GM Canada - Build & Price for 2014 Corvette!