Notices
Canadian Events Canada, eh?

What is a good time at cayuga for a stock z51 c6?

Old 01-04-2019, 06:19 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
CF Senior Member

I run mainly at Mosport on the GP track but I have learned to appreciate the road course at TMP once you are comfortable sliding the car around through several cornering sections, you end up using up a lot less brakes and tires I have not yet timed myself up there, but I think I will this spring, and see what kind of times are realistic.

Currently I'm tracking an '07 C6 Z06 on Super sports GT2 coil overs, and front splitter / side pods no engine mods.

If anyone else is interested in going up there in the spring or over the summer, let me know.

Mark
Old 01-04-2019, 08:24 PM
88BlackZ-51
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh View Post
I run mainly at Mosport on the GP track but I have learned to appreciate the road course at TMP once you are comfortable sliding the car around through several cornering sections, you end up using up a lot less brakes and tires I have not yet timed myself up there, but I think I will this spring, and see what kind of times are realistic.

Currently I'm tracking an '07 C6 Z06 on Super sports GT2 coil overs, and front splitter / side pods no engine mods.

If anyone else is interested in going up there in the spring or over the summer, let me know.

Mark

I am interested.....
Old 01-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Boeuf
CF Member

I ran my 2001 Z06 this past summer at Cayuga and posted a 1:23.6 without pushing the car 100%.

My car has a Blackwing and Longtubes and is lowered on stock bolts. I also run on OEM C6 Z06 wheels with Michelin PS4S tires.

It was my first time on Cayuga with the Z06 so I didn't want to push it too hard. Also, it was a little busy the day I went so it was hard to get many clean laps to really improve on my time.

My buddy ran my car that day as well and he was running low 1:22's I believe. He is a very experienced time attack racer but he didn't push my car hard as it wasn't his. We both figure in the hands of a good driver without holding back my car is good for low 1:20's.

I would guess a C6 Z51 with similar tires would be very close to those times.

With a good 200TW tire like the RE71, RS4 or Rival S I would bet low 1:19's easy. Probably want better brake pads than stock for those times as well.

Last edited by Boeuf; 01-05-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:55 PM
walleyejack
CF Senior Member

between 6 and 8pm
Old 01-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Cap'n Pete
CF Senior Member

I've only run TMP road course once and really didn't care for it. I found it to be kind of ...... "tedious" and frustrating ...... like, you never get into a nice groove, where you just flow around the track ......... I found it to be like a glorified auto-slalom with a couple of long-ish straightaways. It's been quite a few years, and maybe others would disagree. And unfortunately, I never got a timed run, even for posterity sake!

My favourite is Mosport GP track. Close second would be Calabogie, although sadly, I've only gotten to run it a handful of times, and it's been YEARS (.......note to self, I should put Calabogie on the 2019 to-do list!).

Even Shannonville is a helluva fun track to run.

From my experience, dedicated track tires, ie: Hoosiers or something similar, have netted ~2 - 3 seconds / lap improvement, +/- relative to how good of a "street" tire I've run to compare them to. For example though, I ran 1:34.xxx with my '06 Z06 on the stock Eagle F1's, and got down to a 1:31.8xx on Hoosiers (......lap times were improving lap after lap as I was exploring the new limits, then the motor went SQUEAK ).

All this being said, what could the "pros" do in our cars???? A helluva lot better than most of us "weekend warrior" types! I know there are guys out there who have turn mid ~1:20's at Mosport with modestly prepped Z06's (...of all generations, really). Makes the 1:30's look like you're not even trying!!
Old 01-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Meramg1

Originally Posted by DKyam View Post
I'm not sure for a Z51 C6, but I have a friend that did a 1:17 with a C6Z bone stock with only Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
I have a stock C7Z and with Michelin Pilot Super Sport, I was able to pull a 1:15.91.
So I would like to say, with a Z51 C6, the car should be able to touch 1:22 easily.
If you can, provide a video of your lap and maybe we can help you out on improving the time. Cheers
Can you post your video at TMP 1:15.91, I am sure people would like to see that lap and amazing time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is a good time at cayuga for a stock z51 c6?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: