Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Thumbs up for Stevenson Specialty Cars

Old 05-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

I also went to see Dave after reading the reviews here and found him to be very personable and professional, exactly what I'm looking for in a shop. I had a great experience and would have no issues going back, too bad he wasn't closer to home!

I also wanted to thank his assistant (sorry, forgot his name) he was very meticulous with his work and looked to love what he was doing.

Thanks again,
Old 05-22-2016, 09:31 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Devil
I also went to see Dave after reading the reviews here and found him to be very personable and professional, exactly what I'm looking for in a shop. I had a great experience and would have no issues going back, too bad he wasn't closer to home!

I also wanted to thank his assistant (sorry, forgot his name) he was very meticulous with his work and looked to love what he was doing.

Thanks again,
how is your replacement tire coming from the other shop Paul ?

Last edited by walleyejack; 05-22-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:16 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave has been working on both of my cars for years now

Great guy, and if I have any issues with my Track prepped Z06 over at Mosport, Dave has been known to drop what he's doing, and head over to help out.

Mark
Old 06-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I picked my car up from Dave's yesterday. He replaced the valve guides, springs, and rockers. I'm happy with the work. He showed me the old guides. They were going to cause the valve to fail.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:30 PM
AlloyGT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian71
I picked my car up from Dave's yesterday. He replaced the valve guides, springs, and rockers. I'm happy with the work. He showed me the old guides. They were going to cause the valve to fail.
Dave did a complete spring service on mine including some motor and suspension bits as part of preventative maint. She runs like a dream and keeps up with uber cars on the track, even tho she's an old 2003 lady couldn't be more pleased. He really knows his stuff and truly excels at customer service. Yes, it costs money, but otherwise he would not be in biz...The young gun Austin is also great: always willing and helpful. No BS. Just good work. And they sure know the Vettes inside and out.
Haven't had an issue or a single complaint in 6 yrs and my car ain't cars and coffee type: it lives on a track and gets beat up on regularly. Happy motoring!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by AlloyGT
Dave did a complete spring service on mine including some motor and suspension bits as part of preventative maint. She runs like a dream and keeps up with uber cars on the track, even tho she's an old 2003 lady couldn't be more pleased. He really knows his stuff and truly excels at customer service. Yes, it costs money, but otherwise he would not be in biz...The young gun Austin is also great: always willing and helpful. No BS. Just good work. And they sure know the Vettes inside and out.
Haven't had an issue or a single complaint in 6 yrs and my car ain't cars and coffee type: it lives on a track and gets beat up on regularly. Happy motoring!
Was your car black z06 with ccw wheels on the trailer?
Old 06-08-2016, 08:39 AM
AlloyGT
Racer

Originally Posted by Efx
Was your car black z06 with ccw wheels on the trailer?
Could be - black Fikse rims tho
Old 06-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Could be - black Fikse rims tho
Good looking car.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:06 AM
AlloyGT
Racer

Originally Posted by Efx
Good looking car.
Thank you
Old 06-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

My car isn't a garage queen. I track it a couple of times a year. The cost was a non issue. The big thing is now I can really thrash it and not worry about a weakened valve train causing an engine failure. I used to own a 911. If you looked at that car the wrong way it would cost you a grand.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:20 AM
AlloyGT
Racer

My car isn't a garage queen. I track it a couple of times a year. The cost was a non issue. The big thing is now I can really thrash it and not worry about a weakened valve train causing an engine failure. I used to own a 911. If you looked at that car the wrong way it would cost you a grand.
Totally agree: preventative maint is key. No parts last forever, especially with harder use. Perhaps I will see ya at the track. PM me if you'd like some info on good events etc. Ciao!
Old 06-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

Totally agree: preventative maint is key. No parts last forever, especially with harder use. Perhaps I will see ya at the track. PM me if you'd like some info on good events etc. Ciao!
I may do a 6th gear day in July or August.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:58 AM
AlloyGT
Racer

I may do a 6th gear day in July or August.
Personally I skip events that require bank loans or small mortgages lol! Many other options out there for top quality events at reasonable fees. Just IMO of course. But if money is no object, well, it doesn't matter
Old 06-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

Personally I skip events that require bank loans or small mortgages lol! Many other options out there for top quality events at reasonable fees. Just IMO of course. But if money is no object, well, it doesn't matter
I agree, I need a 2nd mortgage . A good friend of mine goes to 6th Gear events. That would be the only reason that I'd go.
The deal on the 25th looks like a good deal but my weekends are booked solid.

Last edited by Brian71; 06-11-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:16 AM
AlloyGT
Racer

I agree, I need a 2nd mortgage . A good friend of mine goes to 6th Gear events. That would be the only reason that I'd go.
The deal on the 25th looks like a good deal but my weekends are booked solid.
Trillium Club runs on weekends but also on Fridays (for approved solo drivers) for under $300 (2 groups: fast and faster). Www.sobmw.ca
OTA's deal on the 25th is superb at $250. Can't make it unfortunately. Anyhow, happy motoring!
Old 06-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

Trillium is a good group. I know some of the instructors (the Porsche guys)
Old 06-12-2016, 05:46 PM
AlloyGT
Racer

Trillium is a good group. I know some of the instructors (the Porsche guys)
And there is always a ton of Vettes there too

Get notified of new replies

To Thumbs up for Stevenson Specialty Cars

Old 06-12-2016, 08:53 PM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

And there is always a ton of Vettes there too
We had fun on Friday with Trillium. I really like their new format (Fast and Faster). Bob, Steve, and I had a few great sessions in the afternoon where the three of us were nose to tail running back to back 1:31's and 1:32's. Every few laps we would rotate. Good clean fun.

Mark Walker instructs with them and we now have a bunch of Vettes who are regulars. It's the best deal out there.

Ed
Old 06-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Was at Dave's shop today. What a great guy. Did a complete fluid change on my car. Engine Oil, tranny oil, clutch fluid, coolant and the rear diff.

He's also ordering a left rear axle seal as mine has been leaking for a bit. To be changed in about 2 weeks.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:25 PM
AlloyGT
Racer

A new season is upon us and tons of track cars at Dave's including that brand new Grand Sport....one sweet ride Ed I am picking up my new Camaro 1LE EOM and will be heading to Dave's shop for a regular pre-track maintenance as soon as the break in period is over. Cant wait! Happy motoring you guys!

Last edited by AlloyGT; 05-10-2017 at 01:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TorontoC6 (05-13-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thumbs up for Stevenson Specialty Cars