Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Anybody know the history of this torch red Z06 with Canada-RPO?

Old 11-15-2016, 01:36 PM
AndersT
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Anybody know the history of this torch red Z06 with Canada-RPO?

Hi

Iīve posted this in the general sections some time ago, but didnīt got that much info. Maybe some of you can provide some information about this vette.

Any given info will really help

Link to the original thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...anada-rpo.html
Old 11-28-2016, 03:12 PM
AndersT
Instructor

None replys at all?

I really hoped somebody could give just a hint, because of the limited number of TR Zīs with canada-RPO and exported early to the US.

Is there any other way to find out more information about the vette?

Thanks,

Anders
Old 11-28-2016, 06:21 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 659 Likes on 443 Posts

You say a limited number, but even a few hundred would be a lot of cars, and despite everyone here being active in the hobby, only a very small number of Corvette owners in Canada are on this forum...so there are a ton of Vette owners in Canada who could have been a previous owner of your car, but have no idea you are looking for info.

Last edited by VETFEVER; 11-28-2016 at 06:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AndersT (11-29-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 12:10 AM
starsandstripes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You would have to contact quebec's motor vehicle office as well as each state's local DMV (Massachusetts etc) individually. You can get local car reports and history for that state/province with owners names.

For example I live in Ontario and if I'm buying a car here, I can go to my local motor vehicle ministry office and get a complete ontario history with names of all previous owners. Quebec and USA should be same.

Once you get the names I suppose you can creep Facebook and message people lol

Goodluck

Last edited by starsandstripes; 12-03-2016 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:34 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

if it's from Canada I can run a Carproof on it for you.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:45 AM
AndersT
Instructor

Originally Posted by cottoncandyek
You would have to contact quebec's motor vehicle office as well as each state's local DMV (Massachusetts etc) individually. You can get local car reports and history for that state/province with owners names.

For example I live in Ontario and if I'm buying a car here, I can go to my local motor vehicle ministry office and get a complete ontario history with names of all previous owners. Quebec and USA should be same.

Once you get the names I suppose you can creep Facebook and message people lol

Goodluck
Can I (as a Dane living in Denmark) contact the DMV office or is it only possible for US citizens who meet up in person? If I can - how do I do it online? Is there some sort of formular to use?

I have a carfax and it seems to be registered in Massachusetts from september 2001 (where it was imported from Quebec) to april 2005, where it was sold to a dealer in Amityville, NY and one month later transferred to Hatboro, PA where it was sold at auto auction i june 2005 (bought by a Swedish man and imported to Sweden).
Old 12-04-2016, 06:49 AM
AndersT
Instructor

Originally Posted by themonk
if it's from Canada I can run a Carproof on it for you.
It was built and delivered as a Canadian vette - delivered november 2000 to Trois-Riviéres Chevrolet in Quebec and registred to its first owner at Trios-Riviéres DMV, Quebec 16th november 2000. And then imported to the US 18th september 2001 with only 2.852 miles.

I would be very happy, if you can provide any information
Old 12-07-2016, 03:54 PM
starsandstripes
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndersT
Can I (as a Dane living in Denmark) contact the DMV office or is it only possible for US citizens who meet up in person? If I can - how do I do it online? Is there some sort of formular to use?

I have a carfax and it seems to be registered in Massachusetts from september 2001 (where it was imported from Quebec) to april 2005, where it was sold to a dealer in Amityville, NY and one month later transferred to Hatboro, PA where it was sold at auto auction i june 2005 (bought by a Swedish man and imported to Sweden).
Anyone can access the records usually, to get the history if you wanted to purchase it. Just google SAAQ quebec, Massachusetts DMV, New York DMV and Pennsylvania DMV etc. Just tell them you want to purchase a vehicle with this VIN number and you want the history.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody know the history of this torch red Z06 with Canada-RPO?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody know the history of this torch red Z06 with Canada-RPO?