Canadian Events Canada, eh?

1994 Corvette LT1

Old 02-02-2017, 01:46 PM
boarhog59
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Corvette LT1

Hi. Vehicle has passenger window that's not working. It also needs weatherstrip replace on the tops of each door(cracked) I have the weatherstripping. Where would the best place be to A. Get window motor looked at or replaced and B. Have the weather strips replaced while the door is opened up. Do I go to GM dealer, body shop or Joe's garage just down the street?
Thanks.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:54 PM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

I think you could try a good trim shop, or a corvette specialty shop. You could also have a good body shop do a repair like that. I would leave the dealer out of this until the end if nothing else pans out for you. What's you location? the GTA has some great shops.

Last edited by DDP; 02-02-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:34 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Get enough posts so that your private messaging is active and I can ping you a couple of contacts.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:37 PM
FrankieD
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Champion Motors
http://championmotors.ca/
Old 02-02-2017, 08:24 PM
boarhog59
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DDP
I think you could try a good trim shop, or a corvette specialty shop. You could also have a good body shop do a repair like that. I would leave the dealer out of this until the end if nothing else pans out for you. What's you location? the GTA has some great shops.

So would a specialty shop or body shop be cheaper than a dealership? I'm in the Hamilton and Niagara area. Don't know if you would know of anything this way or not. Just trying to get some ideas before spring gets here. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:14 AM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by boarhog59
So would a specialty shop or body shop be cheaper than a dealership? I'm in the Hamilton and Niagara area. Don't know if you would know of anything this way or not. Just trying to get some ideas before spring gets here. Thanks.
The dealership will have 1 of 10-15 mechanics doing the work and there is no guarantee that they have ever worked on a C4 vette before, a specialty shop who does vettes will have way more experience and probably get it done quicker.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:24 AM
boarhog59
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DDP
The dealership will have 1 of 10-15 mechanics doing the work and there is no guarantee that they have ever worked on a C4 vette before, a specialty shop who does vettes will have way more experience and probably get it done quicker.

Thanks. That's what I figured. Would this be a job that could be completed in a day do you think, so that I could wait for it? Or would that be something to discuss with the shop? Any idea's of any shops in my area or is Toronto my only option? There is a body shop here in our town that someone recommended, but I know nothing about the guy or if I could trust the work. Guess I could start getting some references. Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Check your PM inbox
Old 02-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Pompitup
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would take your car to a windshield repair center like Apple auto glass or Standard Auto as they will be able to help you out as they deal with these repairs all the time. Stay away from dealers as they will get the window repair people to come to them.

Last edited by Pompitup; 02-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:08 PM
boarhog59
5th Gear

Default 1994 Corvette

Originally Posted by Pompitup
I would take your car to a windshield repair center like Apple auto glass or Standard Auto as they will be able to help you out as they deal with these repairs all the time. Stay away from dealers as they will get the window repair people to come to them.

Thanks. I actually tried my local Speedy Glass as instructed by their head office but was declined. They explained they aren't into working on older/classic cars because they can't quote the amount of time it will take to do the job. I even know the manager at this location. Maybe I will give Apple or Standard a try. Thanks again.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:12 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Basicaly follow what the crew advises here.My dealership in Grimsby was excellent, but for your weatherstrip, I would try Champion, or a body shop that knows Corvettes. The dealership will quote what's in the book & that could border on very expensive ,ridiculous, or both.I had a lot of work done on my ex 96 C4 after a hit & run .Work was done by Davies Custom Corvette ,Kipling & Queensway area.
WS
Beamsville, just up the road from you.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:31 PM
boarhog59
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Airwilf
Basicaly follow what the crew advises here.My dealership in Grimsby was excellent, but for your weatherstrip, I would try Champion, or a body shop that knows Corvettes. The dealership will quote what's in the book & that could border on very expensive ,ridiculous, or both.I had a lot of work done on my ex 96 C4 after a hit & run .Work was done by Davies Custom Corvette ,Kipling & Queensway area.
WS
Beamsville, just up the road from you.

Thanks for the tip! I'll take all that I can get. So being in Beamsville you don't know of any local shops that you'd recommend? Probably not if you are going to T.O. for service. Actually Davies would be in the neighbourhood of where my daughter lives. I will look it up. Friend told me to try this Forum for advice and so far I've been impressed! Thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 Corvette LT1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1994 Corvette LT1