2017 Celebration of Speed CTMP GP (Mosport) Monday, Aug 7th

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:20 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2017 Celebration of Speed CTMP GP (Mosport) Monday, Aug 7th

Hey All,

Just a quick heads up, this year's Celebration of Speed in support of the Canadian Motorsports Hall of Fame will be on Monday, August 7th.

If you are a Track Rat with experience at Mosport, then you can sign up for lapping.

If you have never been on the Mosport GP track at speed, well here is your chance for an experience of a life time, make a donation to the cause, and you can ride shot gun in one of 40+ different race cars or track cars at the event.

Plus, Ron Fellows will be there taking riders around in one of his C7 Z06 from his driving school ... it's an extra $75, but well worth it.

Maximum Bob and I will both be there with our Z06's taking riders around, so come on up, and see what the Corvette it truly built for!

Here is the website for more details ... https://cmhf.ca/celebration/

Mark
Old 07-26-2017, 08:37 AM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
Hey All,

Just a quick heads up, this year's Celebration of Speed in support of the Canadian Motorsports Hall of Fame will be on Monday, August 7th.

If you are a Track Rat with experience at Mosport, then you can sign up for lapping.

If you have never been on the Mosport GP track at speed, well here is your chance for an experience of a life time, make a donation to the cause, and you can ride shot gun in one of 40+ different race cars or track cars at the event.

Plus, Ron Fellows will be there taking riders around in one of his C7 Z06 from his driving school ... it's an extra $75, but well worth it.

Maximum Bob and I will both be there with our Z06's taking riders around, so come on up, and see what the Corvette it truly built for!

Mark
Thanks

I might make this one. Tracked my vette there 3 times and am considered an Intermediate by Driveteq
Old 08-01-2017, 11:38 AM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cdngolfer
Thanks

I might make this one. Tracked my vette there 3 times and am considered an Intermediate by Driveteq

Cool ... are you coming up to Mosport tomorrow for the Driveteq event?

Mark
Old 08-01-2017, 01:45 PM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Getting new PS2s on tomorrow so no.

I am definitely going this August.

If not Driveteq, what about Apex, 6th Gear?
Old 08-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Brian71
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Apex is a well run group, I was there last year. 6th gear is good as well. I went to 6th gear events a few years ago. Apex has 2 run groups, 30 min. each. 6th gear is one group and you can stay out as long as you want. 6th gear has the better lunch.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:15 AM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

I saw a big storm out that way on Wednesday. Did it rain at Mosport?
Old 08-06-2017, 02:02 PM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN_Wolf_eh
Hey All,

Mark
Tomorrow's the day. Ride a long spots still available.

Mark, Bob, Bill, and I will be there taking passengers for rides, mixing it up with a bunch of pro race car drivers including Ron Fellows. Sounds like fun eh?

Hope it does not rain much.

Drop by and check it out.

Ed.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:28 PM
Piston_Head
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Are they allowing people to just watch and shoot the breeze? Only options I see on the website are for ride alongs or track time.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 08-06-2017, 09:32 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Piston_Head
Are they allowing people to just watch and shoot the breeze? Only options I see on the website are for ride alongs or track time.

Thanks,
Brad
Yep ... open to the public

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Celebration of Speed CTMP GP (Mosport) Monday, Aug 7th

Quick Reply: 2017 Celebration of Speed CTMP GP (Mosport) Monday, Aug 7th