Canadian Events Canada, eh?

2017 Carlisle's a BUST for us - Our Cabin's available Thurs-Sun $67/$72/$72

Old 08-13-2017, 02:08 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Default 2017 Carlisle's a BUST for us - Our Cabin's available Thurs-Sun $67/$72/$72

Just a heads up for someone who'd like a great place to stay at this year's Corvettes at Carlisle.

We're giving up our pre-paid Cabin C1 at Western Village RV Park (less than 5 miles from the fairgrounds gate.) Cabin is available Thurs/Fri/Sat nights for $67/$72/$72 nightly rate. ($216 all in, must take all 3 nights.)

We love this place and re-booked when checking out last year. Anyone interested please PM me ASAP as otherwise we are going to ask our payment in advance to be put over to next year.

So, I thought I'd post up for anyone heading there that does not have committed or near-perfect accommodations. This place is super clean, affordable, less than 10 minutes from the fairgrounds, along the way are good quality beer and liquor stores, grocery stores (steamed crabs, cheap, while you wait!) Jennie and I loves us a fun crab-fest on the picnic table, all the drinks we care to indulge (no driving) and plenty of good company at the park too. Quality folks, many with big Class A rigs, trailers and the like. Awesome to hang out with.

For the last handful of years, we've reserved a Cabin at Western Village. C1 is one of their bigger primitive cabins and we booked/paid for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. It's a basic bring-your-own bedding bunkie, but it does sleep 6 people. (1 set of bunk beds with mattresses, 1 full size bed in loft and 1 below, with mattresses.) There is air conditioning, electric light and outlet, porch with light, picnic table and fire ring outside. Water and bath house right across the street. They have an awesome inground pool, too. It's great to have a safe, comfortable and roomy place to keep stuff secure from the elements. Personally, I prefer my own bedding and it's nice to enjoy quiet campground nights during the hot, exhausting event.

PM me soon if you are interested.
-Paul

Our pics from last year:

Old 08-13-2017, 04:35 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 325 Likes on 202 Posts

WT£! Paul ! You not going to Carlisle? 1st I'm going, 1st you're not!
Old 08-13-2017, 05:13 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dankhts
WT£! Paul ! You not going to Carlisle? 1st I'm going, 1st you're not!
This will be the first one we've missed in 15 years and it's a highlight of our summer. I'm really bummed, so's Jennie. Corvette's down too so depression's setting in all 'round and yeah I'm having second thoughts about cancelling. We may just say f-it and go.

This year's Carlisle is a huge one for midyears as it's the 50th anniversary of the '67, the last of C2 - and since most of us won't be around for the 75th, they're including all 63-67's in the area. The factory made 20 L88 '67s and 9 of them will be there.

Probably will be one of the biggest midyear gatherings ever, and I can't bring mine. Not to stir the silly arguments pot but there's good reason it's often said they stopped making Corvettes in '67.

On the social level, this is also the 20th anniversary of the 63-67 Registry and the 50th wedding anniversary of their founders, who will have their almost 600,000 mile 67 in the 50th display. These people are special friends, like family and I'm a complete d-bag for not having my **** together and going.

There will be other years, and now at least we get to do Woodward.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:01 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

UPDATE: Carlisle Cabin's off the market.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Carlisle's a BUST for us - Our Cabin's available Thurs-Sun $67/$72/$72

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Carlisle's a BUST for us - Our Cabin's available Thurs-Sun $67/$72/$72