Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Road conditions in BC

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 09:30 AM
koranke
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Road conditions in BC

I'm planning a potential trip from Victoria to Port Renfrew along the W. Coast Rd, then north up to Lake Cowichan along the Pacific Marine Rd, then continuing up to Nanaimo, then continuing west and picking up Hwy 4 (Alberni Hwy) to the ultimate goal of the Pacific Rim Hwy past Sproat Lake and down to Ucluelet.

Does anyone know the current road conditions and if there are any closures? In particular, has anyone recently been on the Pacific Marine Rd between Port Refrew and Lake Cowichan or the Pacific Rim Hwy between Sproat Lake and Ucluelet?
Old 08-23-2017, 02:21 PM
KOZ
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

DriveBC.ca
The following users liked this post:
koranke (08-23-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 11:46 AM
m.whitmell
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Drove down from Comox to Tofino 2 days ago.....roads were all good...120 limit on 19....construction on one part of the highway 4 north of the Pacific rim ..quite a dip in the road.....was thinking that I was lad to have taken my rental through there vs my Vette!
The following users liked this post:
koranke (08-24-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 05:36 AM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Should be good all the way,the road west of Sooke to Port Renfrew is in decent shape with a few new sections.The trail from Renfrew to Lake Cowichan can be a bit rough in spots,logging trucks will give you no mercy and be sure to tank up and bring water and snacks,there is absolutely nothing but scenery in between.Check out the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit website to see if anything is going on,then head over to the east coast of the Island to Cowichan Bay,Chemainus,Saltair and take the old coastal highway north as much as possible.The road past Port Alberni is very narrow,twisty and treacherous in spots mostly because of the oblivious dumb *** tourists in rental cars and motorhomes,if you are looking for a place to stay in Tofino,check out my friend's little place,Cable Cove Inn,they will gladly give a current update on local conditions and the drive out to the west coast.

Get notified of new replies

To Road conditions in BC

Quick Reply: Road conditions in BC