Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Open Letter to Cruise Organizers and Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:39 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

You definitely got the "Nut" in "formula1nut" right.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:46 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Vette
So it took you a month and a half to come up with your insightful insult and to lower the discussion level.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:56 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1nut
So it took you a month and a half to come up with your insightful insult and to lower the discussion level.
and a nano second for your response.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:23 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Originally Posted by walleyejack
and a nano second for your response.
Right. Because this was/is a meaningful constructive discussion and insults over a month later are counterproductive, useless, and to state the obvious insulting.

Keep in mind my very first sentence back when "I hope Forum members will consider the following in the constructive manner that is intended. "
Old 11-19-2017, 09:48 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Vette
What kind of a crack is this?? Keyboards bring out the worst in people.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:08 PM
pgj98m3
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
What kind of a crack is this?? Keyboards bring out the worst in people.
You wanna see bad go over to PRC....this is Sunday School compared to them.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:40 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by pgj98m3
You wanna see bad go over to PRC....this is Sunday School compared to them.

While there, check out some threads by NBM LS1 M6

Oh, and be sure to post your opinion on Trump
Old 11-29-2017, 03:37 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1nut
Right. Because this was/is a meaningful constructive discussion and insults over a month later are counterproductive, useless, and to state the obvious insulting.

Keep in mind my very first sentence back when "I hope Forum members will consider the following in the constructive manner that is intended. "
Your posting this thread caused this and, quite frankly, is a bit annoying. If you want to attend a cruise... join in. If you don't want to, stay home but don't pour your tears out here with us. We are all adults and should act like it. If you speed and get a ticket, so be it. If you are a jackass and get caught...that is your doing. If you don't like the pace or nature of a cruise...fall out but stop making assumptions that photos and video you see are of illegal activity and on and on. Just stay away from the group. I took the pictures and saw the video... They are of a group of Vette enthusiasts having a great time and a great run.

The organizers DO A GREAT JOB and shouldn't have to deal with this crap whatsoever, quite frankly. They are not responsible for the conduct of any individual member and work their butts off to organize cruises. So.. If I may part some advise to you, stop contacting them and asking them to remove photos or counselling them on other peoples indiscretions. Contact the person in the photo or the person who took the picture.

The honest to God truth... I have run my *** off with these guys since 2015. Have we all sped? Yup. Anyone who says they have never gone above the speed limit in certain situations is full of it. Have I witnessed any dumbass stunts? Not one. Not even one. And you know what.... although different members get a little 'showy' at times, I am absolutely certain that all would stand up and address it if any member did get out of hand.

Find me a cruise anywhere in the world that, at some point, does not break the speed limit. You won't. It is impossible. The simple reason is that a steady speed can never be maintained when you put a group of vehicles together, simply because no two driviers are the same...it causes an accordian effect where people want to catch up. If this happens to you...simple solution... fall out and go home.

My entire hesitancy with coming out to these events...or even organizing any further events such as we do.... comes from guys like you. You make the issue public with doing what you did right here and pointing out things that the normal guy wouldn't notice. In the end, you have the gall to post this saying 'someone will eventually take notice'? Really? You don't think that is kind of like trying to suck and blow at the same time? I should clarify...air that is... so someone doesn't misconstrue that and ban me or something.

Do me a favor the next time you see me. Walk up and introduce yourself to me. I'de love to have the opportunity, in person, to let you know what an absolutely GREAT bunch of people I see on these cruises...and of course also to have the opportunity to further this discussion. After all, you never had the urge to bring this up to anyone in person when you joined in now did ya? Unbelievable.

And to Stan, Faraz and all others that assist with our cruises... THANK YOU.

Oh and...before you hit me with the 'constructive' part. Constructive is where you offer solutions to any apparent problem you recognize. Since the organizers aren't responsible for that, be a man and address any problems as you see them... with the person you are observing. Or walk up to me... I will help you along with that.

People wonder the real reason some people never come out... right here. That reason is you formula1nut. You are exactly why people don't want to come out. They don't need some anonymous person in the crowd keeping track of their activities.

Bothered? Yup can you tell? I can guarantee you that every cruise I attend or run from here on in...I will look for your car. I'll then leave if you are there. Can you do me the favor of chiming in in advance when you are going to attend? Keeps us all from wasting that trip up and back again.

Last edited by AllFlash; 11-29-2017 at 04:08 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by AllFlash:
Efx (11-29-2017), Patman (11-30-2017), Pompitup (11-29-2017), tony 69 ls6 (11-29-2017), walleyejack (11-30-2017), WildWilly55 (11-30-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-30-2017, 05:51 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Les you hit it on the head buddy--A true wordsmith--and you are correct. Setting up some of these cruises is months of hotel negotiations---parking facility negotiations--logistics of the trip--stops along the way. Then someone fires one out of left field---and you think REALLY!! The woodward cruise is pretty tame driving for the most part--the Carlisle trip is a chance to see what these cars will do on the open road--some people just look forward to that alone--I know my first trip down with Moe and the crew--I was totally blown away!! As a cruise organizer--can we control what people do---no. All we can do is provide the venues and logistics of getting there--and making sure everyone gets there safe and in one piece and I call the journey a success. Les thank you for your thoughtful insight and taking the time to think about the original comments posted. Hoping this helps to let us move on to an upcoming season of great cruises.

Last edited by WildWilly55; 11-30-2017 at 02:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 10:39 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Thank you ***** and my apologies for not including you in my appreciation of efforts. Myself and Karen absolutely loved our Carlisle trip this past summer... Thanks!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:03 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Sorry guys, I'm going with that nut guy on this one.... Yooz are all way too fast and crazy for a old guy like me to cruise around with....
The following 2 users liked this post by dankhts:
AllFlash (11-30-2017), WildWilly55 (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 11:09 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, there goes 30 minutes i will never get back. LOL. Really have to pick and choose who you cruise with. I'm a late night cruiser, not a Mexico runner, cause that trouble, but i rather keep it to 2-4 cars for my liking. I wouldn't bash any organizer unless they solicit and enable bad driving, vis a vis, promote fast and the furious styles of driving. This site does not.
The following users liked this post:
corrado (12-01-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 11:54 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dankhts
Sorry guys, I'm going with that nut guy on this one.... Yooz are all way too fast and crazy for a old guy like me to cruise around with....
Old 11-30-2017, 12:48 PM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MRNZ06
Well, there goes 30 minutes i will never get back. LOL. Really have to pick and choose who you cruise with. I'm a late night cruiser, not a Mexico runner, cause that trouble, but i rather keep it to 2-4 cars for my liking. I wouldn't bash any organizer unless they solicit and enable bad driving, vis a vis, promote fast and the furious styles of driving. This site does not.
I have a feeling not many members would want to cruise with you if they were aware of your hatred for the POTUS and all things American and you continuous bashing of same. You are a poor example of a Canadian. Your type are a real problem that needs to be addressed.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:19 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Thank you ***** and my apologies for not including you in my appreciation of efforts. Myself and Karen absolutely loved our Carlisle trip this past summer... Thanks!
My apologies for not clarifying---I do the Woodward set up but many people like Steve, Joe and Richard and Bonnie all pitch in to make it a happening-----Carlisle is truly a group effort tour--Bruce (Slacks) sets up the rooms and parking--Scube and myself assist with the logistics of getting everyone down and back only. Credit where credit is due!!
Old 11-30-2017, 02:19 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

in reality and in all seriousness I've never been on a bad cruise, I try to make as many as I can, I always appreciate the effort of the organizers...they make a big effort and spend a lot of personal time....great fun, great people, always good times and good to see everyone time and again... looking forward to more in '18....
did the Carlisle trip this year for the 1st time, will try to get with everyone for Woodward next summer ....I just hope I can keep up with all the speeders...
Old 11-30-2017, 09:12 PM
myc7z51
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I am SHOCKED at the notion of speeding or reckless driving at any or all cruises. The good Lord gave us speed limits to save us from sin and ruination. I for one will NOT attend as I am fearful that my lawnchair may become dislodged as I am heading to my local cars and coffee event.
The very idea gives me the vapours - bless your heart!

Get notified of new replies

To Open Letter to Cruise Organizers and Drivers

Old 11-30-2017, 10:24 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Your posting this thread caused this and, quite frankly, is a bit annoying. If you want to attend a cruise... join in. If you don't want to, stay home but don't pour your tears out here with us. We are all adults and should act like it. If you speed and get a ticket, so be it. If you are a jackass and get caught...that is your doing. If you don't like the pace or nature of a cruise...fall out but stop making assumptions that photos and video you see are of illegal activity and on and on. Just stay away from the group. I took the pictures and saw the video... They are of a group of Vette enthusiasts having a great time and a great run.

The organizers DO A GREAT JOB and shouldn't have to deal with this crap whatsoever, quite frankly. They are not responsible for the conduct of any individual member and work their butts off to organize cruises. So.. If I may part some advise to you, stop contacting them and asking them to remove photos or counselling them on other peoples indiscretions. Contact the person in the photo or the person who took the picture.

The honest to God truth... I have run my *** off with these guys since 2015. Have we all sped? Yup. Anyone who says they have never gone above the speed limit in certain situations is full of it. Have I witnessed any dumbass stunts? Not one. Not even one. And you know what.... although different members get a little 'showy' at times, I am absolutely certain that all would stand up and address it if any member did get out of hand.

Find me a cruise anywhere in the world that, at some point, does not break the speed limit. You won't. It is impossible. The simple reason is that a steady speed can never be maintained when you put a group of vehicles together, simply because no two driviers are the same...it causes an accordian effect where people want to catch up. If this happens to you...simple solution... fall out and go home.

My entire hesitancy with coming out to these events...or even organizing any further events such as we do.... comes from guys like you. You make the issue public with doing what you did right here and pointing out things that the normal guy wouldn't notice. In the end, you have the gall to post this saying 'someone will eventually take notice'? Really? You don't think that is kind of like trying to suck and blow at the same time? I should clarify...air that is... so someone doesn't misconstrue that and ban me or something.

Do me a favor the next time you see me. Walk up and introduce yourself to me. I'de love to have the opportunity, in person, to let you know what an absolutely GREAT bunch of people I see on these cruises...and of course also to have the opportunity to further this discussion. After all, you never had the urge to bring this up to anyone in person when you joined in now did ya? Unbelievable.

And to Stan, Faraz and all others that assist with our cruises... THANK YOU.

Oh and...before you hit me with the 'constructive' part. Constructive is where you offer solutions to any apparent problem you recognize. Since the organizers aren't responsible for that, be a man and address any problems as you see them... with the person you are observing. Or walk up to me... I will help you along with that.

People wonder the real reason some people never come out... right here. That reason is you formula1nut. You are exactly why people don't want to come out. They don't need some anonymous person in the crowd keeping track of their activities.

Bothered? Yup can you tell? I can guarantee you that every cruise I attend or run from here on in...I will look for your car. I'll then leave if you are there. Can you do me the favor of chiming in in advance when you are going to attend? Keeps us all from wasting that trip up and back again.

First I did not at all criticize organizers. I admire what they do. I merely suggest that they have a means to inform participants to not speed excessively and request participants to not post potentially damaging photos and videos such as a person driving while on a cell phone.

Second; I have no intent at all keeping track of participants activities. Quite the contrary. I am saying that by highlighting them in photos and videos participants draw attention to them.

I was a senior manager in a very large very public organization. Photos and videos of VERY few employees destroyed the reputation of over 10000 others not to mention the organization.

Third; why would I not raise it here.......the place where Corvette owners discuss Corvette issue. I am just asking everyone here to be diligent, smart and protect themselves from being a target like the cruise on Hwy 400 in the spring.

Finally on a personal note I wonder why you are so bothered now when I started the thread at the beginning of October? I also wonder how I can walk up to you and introduce myself when you plan on leaving as soon as you see my car!

Why the personal stuff rather than a constructive and meaningful discussion like others have done quite capably?

Last edited by formula1nut; 11-30-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Pompitup
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Come out to a cruise and that way you can get first hand info instead of just getting your ideas from pictures and videos. I applaud the organizers as they spend a lot of time on the cruises and I have been on a few cruises with guys and even the wives and girlfriends come as mine has and they have a great time. If you don't want to cruise with the gang here that is your decision but pls don't jump to conclusions before even coming out to one.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:52 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by myc7z51
I am SHOCKED at the notion of speeding or reckless driving at any or all cruises. The good Lord gave us speed limits to save us from sin and ruination. I for one will NOT attend as I am fearful that my lawnchair may become dislodged as I am heading to my local cars and coffee event.
The very idea gives me the vapours - bless your heart!

Quick Reply: Open Letter to Cruise Organizers and Drivers