Transport Canada CMVSS decal on door jamb

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 12:33 PM
my1970conv
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 93 Posts

Default Transport Canada CMVSS decal on door jamb

Hi,

Posting in the Canadian section to see if anyone has any pictures of where the Canada CMVSS Transport decal was placed in the door jamb. I'm not sure all the years this decal applies to, but my car is a 1970 convertible.
If anyone has any pictures, that would be greatly appreciated.
This is the decal I am talking about:
Old 10-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You may want to try checking with the guys at the NCRS.I’m sure there are guys that have done major restorations that involved replacing all of the placards.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:16 AM
my1970conv
Racer

Originally Posted by Airwilf
You may want to try checking with the guys at the NCRS.I’m sure there are guys that have done major restorations that involved replacing all of the placards.

Thanks Airwilf... I do have an NCRS manual, and it only says that it was affixed near the vehicle certification label, but doesn't really say exactly where... I was hoping someone had a picture of one.
But I should actually send the guys at NCRS an email, as maybe they do have the exact location of maybe some pictures.
Thanks again.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:59 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by my1970conv
Thanks Airwilf... I do have an NCRS manual, and it only says that it was affixed near the vehicle certification label, but doesn't really say exactly where... I was hoping someone had a picture of one.
But I should actually send the guys at NCRS an email, as maybe they do have the exact location of maybe some pictures.
Thanks again.
I have had 3 Canadian 1970's over the years and the Canada Transport sticker was placed just below the certification label. It was random as to position and not accurate on centering. They just sort of stuck it there because it was a flat place.
The following users liked this post:
my1970conv (10-18-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 06:58 PM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
I have had 3 Canadian 1970's over the years and the Canada Transport sticker was placed just below the certification label. It was random as to position and not accurate on centering. They just sort of stuck it there because it was a flat place.

And there is your answer. And nice to see you posting-Canada Grant.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:04 PM
gborley
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada CMVSS Transport decal

Where did you get the new decal from? I have a '77 and my decal has a little overspray on it. I am not sure if it is in the original location or not. Did you ever find out from the NCRS where the decal should be located?

Hi,

Posting in the Canadian section to see if anyone has any pictures of where the Canada CMVSS Transport decal was placed in the door jamb. I'm not sure all the years this decal applies to, but my car is a 1970 convertible.
If anyone has any pictures, that would be greatly appreciated.
This is the decal I am talking about:
Old 12-11-2017, 04:49 PM
my1970conv
Racer

Originally Posted by gborley
Where did you get the new decal from? I have a '77 and my decal has a little overspray on it. I am not sure if it is in the original location or not. Did you ever find out from the NCRS where the decal should be located?
Hi gborley... you can get this decal from http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=g&id=21

I received the latest edition of the NCRS technical information amnual and judging guide, and the section on the Canadian transport sticker simply says... "Corvettes originally exported to Canada had a round blue sticker about one inch in diameter affixed near the vehicle certification label"... so not an exact location but "near" the other label.
That's why I was hoping to get some Canadian car pictures to see where it's located.

But for purchasing it, I used the link above.

Ragtop...
Old 12-12-2017, 12:06 PM
gborley
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada Transport Decal

Hi gborley... you can get this decal from http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=g&id=21

I received the latest edition of the NCRS technical information amnual and judging guide, and the section on the Canadian transport sticker simply says... "Corvettes originally exported to Canada had a round blue sticker about one inch in diameter affixed near the vehicle certification label"... so not an exact location but "near" the other label.
That's why I was hoping to get some Canadian car pictures to see where it's located.

But for purchasing it, I used the link above.

Ragtop...
Thanks for the info. I have my new decal on order.
Here is a photo where mine was located at the top of the drivers door jam.
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To Transport Canada CMVSS decal on door jamb

Quick Reply: Transport Canada CMVSS decal on door jamb