Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Corvette's of Carlisle 2018

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 08:27 AM
rat123
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

We have been going to carlisle and this will be our 3rd time but with our 2002 not the 1984. Next year carlisle then going to bowling green
Old 08-13-2018, 07:56 PM
Slacks
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi Everyone, for those heading to Carlisle on Friday morning a few of us are going to meet up at the Tim Horton's .. QEW and 3rd Line at 5:00 am and depart at 5:30 am. This is the same spot that Dave (Scube) has suggested in the past. I suspect Dave is leaving on Thursday morning again this year and ***** is not in a position to go so I have volunteered to lead the way, unless of course, someone else wants to take the reigns.

As in the past, our first stop will be the Duty Free at Fort Erie so if you feel you won't make the 5:30 am departure at Tim's meet us at the Duty Free. We are typically there for about 1/2 an hour. I will have some directions for everyone at the Tim's or the Duty Free that identifies the Route down there.

I think that's about it for now ... REMEMBER YOUR PASSPORTS !!! Radios / Walkie Talkies Channel 5

Bruce

The following 3 users liked this post by Slacks:
Efx (08-14-2018), SpartaGus (08-13-2018), walleyejack (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 08:05 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Hope you guys have a good time.

​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:37 PM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Hope you guys have a good time.

​​​​​​​
Agreed, as I'm sure everyone will enjoy themselves. Have a safe ride.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:03 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

i received this in an email notice, so thought i would share for those that didn t receive it

JUST OVER A WEEK TO GO!

Here are a few reminders so you are ready to have a great time!

1. Don't forget to bring your sunscreen and comfortable shoes!
2. Bring a cozy chair to sit in while you are parked on the Fun Field. Corvettes at Carlisle is a great place to catch up with old friends and make a few new ones as well!
3. PLEASE remember to bring the registration sticker & letter that you received in the mail- run out to your Corvette right now and put that sticker on the driver's side of the windshield!!!
2018 brings new policy changes and replacement stickers will cost a full funfield registration price.
4. Finally, come prepared to have FUN!!
Old 08-16-2018, 10:14 PM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,136 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Just a heads up, posted over on the C3 forum

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...must-read.html

I am a member of the NCRS Mid Atlantic chapter I just received this e-mail from our President about two traffic problems. If you are coming up I 81 from Virginia the first will affect you. The second one is in Pennsylvania on I 81 north of Shippensburg.

Please read and consider resending to all MAC members – and anyone else you think would want to know this.

FYI – I am on a personal road trip today, traveled North on I-81 through VA, then into West VA and then into PA and beyond Carlisle – I ran into 2 major traffic delays. If you are planning to attend Corvettes at Carlisle be prepared for MAJOR traffic delays in 2 places – the second is impacting traffic in and around Carlisle.

1. There is an “emergency bridge repair” on a bridge in West VA, on I-81 in the north bound lane. There are temporary signs up as far south as Harrisonburg VA alerting drivers to this delay in WVA. The delay is significant, about 90 minutes – it is down to one lane. No way to get around it – many trucks and cars bailed off of 81 and on to Rt 11 north – it was a mess. The repair work does not look like it will be completed any time soon – highly recommend factoring additional time into your trip – also recommend calling WVA DOT and inquire if work is complete.

2. This one was worse that the first and there were no warning signs. We had smooth sailing from WVA to just north of Shippensburg PA on I-81. Then, about 10 miles north of Shippensburg traffic came to a complete stop – we were 9 miles from Carlisle and exit 44, it took 3 (THREE) hours to go those 9 miles. We got off at exit 44 for a rest stop at a gas station – this is the same exit you would use to go to the fairgrounds. I spoke to a local in the restaurant. He said there is construction on I-81 just north of exit 44, they are installing a pipe line – has been going on for weeks – will not be completed soon. Not only is traffic on I-81 north all jammed up, it also is affecting traffic flow on all roads leading into Carlisle and within Carlisle as well. This will definitely frustrate travelers during Corvette days at the fairgrounds, regardless where you are staying or what direction you are coming from. Again, I would recommend that someone call the PA DOT and ask when the work on I-81 just north of exit 44 will be done.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:46 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mooser
Just a heads up, posted over on the C3 forum

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...must-read.html

I am a member of the NCRS Mid Atlantic chapter I just received this e-mail from our President about two traffic problems. If you are coming up I 81 from Virginia the first will affect you. The second one is in Pennsylvania on I 81 north of Shippensburg.

Please read and consider resending to all MAC members – and anyone else you think would want to know this.

FYI – I am on a personal road trip today, traveled North on I-81 through VA, then into West VA and then into PA and beyond Carlisle – I ran into 2 major traffic delays. If you are planning to attend Corvettes at Carlisle be prepared for MAJOR traffic delays in 2 places – the second is impacting traffic in and around Carlisle.

1. There is an “emergency bridge repair” on a bridge in West VA, on I-81 in the north bound lane. There are temporary signs up as far south as Harrisonburg VA alerting drivers to this delay in WVA. The delay is significant, about 90 minutes – it is down to one lane. No way to get around it – many trucks and cars bailed off of 81 and on to Rt 11 north – it was a mess. The repair work does not look like it will be completed any time soon – highly recommend factoring additional time into your trip – also recommend calling WVA DOT and inquire if work is complete.

2. This one was worse that the first and there were no warning signs. We had smooth sailing from WVA to just north of Shippensburg PA on I-81. Then, about 10 miles north of Shippensburg traffic came to a complete stop – we were 9 miles from Carlisle and exit 44, it took 3 (THREE) hours to go those 9 miles. We got off at exit 44 for a rest stop at a gas station – this is the same exit you would use to go to the fairgrounds. I spoke to a local in the restaurant. He said there is construction on I-81 just north of exit 44, they are installing a pipe line – has been going on for weeks – will not be completed soon. Not only is traffic on I-81 north all jammed up, it also is affecting traffic flow on all roads leading into Carlisle and within Carlisle as well. This will definitely frustrate travelers during Corvette days at the fairgrounds, regardless where you are staying or what direction you are coming from. Again, I would recommend that someone call the PA DOT and ask when the work on I-81 just north of exit 44 will be done.
If we stick to our normal routes this should not affect us at all. On the way in we always come in from the backroads via Duncannon and we can use the backroads that stay north of these problems to get back and forth from the hotel.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:19 PM
myc7z51
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Slacks

I think that's about it for now ... REMEMBER YOUR PASSPORTS !!! Radios / Walkie Talkies Channel 5

Bruce
What kind of Walkie Talkies do you guys use and where can I buy them?
Old 08-17-2018, 06:51 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by myc7z51
canadian tire has a selection.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:08 PM
Slacks
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi There, the radios are not a necessity so don"t feel like you need to go out and buy one. The radios /walkie talkie are frs/gmrs capable, most of the so called "family" type are capable of using this frequency range. They will identify this right on the packaging. As mentioned earlier Canadian Tire, Best Buy, The Source carry some.

We use them to keep everyone up to date about the route and primarily just to shoot the breeze ...

Hope that helps a bit

Bruce
Old 08-21-2018, 08:32 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

looking good !!!
Old 08-21-2018, 06:55 PM
RDBVETTE
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Home Depot has them as well. Motorola and Cobra radios, 50 to 200 dollars.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:01 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Drive Safe guys!!---Don't forget points are transferable between border states such as New York and Michigan (ask me how I know that!!) but not Pennsylvania!! Have a great time everyone and post pictures!!!!!
walleyejack (08-21-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 09:24 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

1 1/2 more sleeps. fulled and ready to roll.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:31 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 659 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
1 1/2 more sleeps. fulled and ready to roll.
You're going to Carlisle Al?
Old 08-22-2018, 09:04 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Met this guy at a pit stop on the Ontario/Quebec border this morning. He was on his way to Carlisle to sell this one.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:46 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

weather is looking great !!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette's of Carlisle 2018

Old 08-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Mooser
Race Director

Received 3,136 Likes on 2,069 Posts

I should have gone, needed some small items I didn't get in the spring. Maybe next year...
B
Old 08-23-2018, 09:28 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mooser
I should have gone, needed some small items I didn't get in the spring. Maybe next year...
B

what you looking for ? maybe someone can grab for you
Old 08-23-2018, 09:42 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Have fun Buds!!
This will be the first time I'm missing it in 11 years but probably go next year.

Drive safe and watch out behind those bridges!
walleyejack (08-23-2018)

Quick Reply: Corvette's of Carlisle 2018