Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Bloomington Gold 2018 in Indy

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 03:09 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Default Bloomington Gold 2018 in Indy

I'm going to my very first big US Corvette event finally! (took me long enough eh?) This was kind of a fluke though, as my wife is a coach for an online fitness website and they are having a convention in Indianapolis at the exact same time as Bloomington Gold. So while she's doing her convention stuff during the day, I'm going to attend the festivities of Bloomington Gold, and I'd like to drive my Corvette on the Indy 500 track one of the days (either Friday or Saturday)

Is anyone else here going? Who has gone previously and could tell me a little bit about it? How many have driven their Corvettes on the track and how did that go?
Old 01-30-2018, 03:40 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Pat

We were thinking of doing this. What are the dates....June 21 to 23??

Last edited by VETFEVER; 01-30-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:51 PM
Patman
Race Director

Yes, that is correct. I am planning on leaving here on the Thursday morning though so that I only need to take 2 days off work instead of 3. That'll still give me two days to see everything though.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:02 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Patman
Yes, that is correct. I am planning on leaving here on the Thursday morning though so that I only need to take 2 days off work instead of 3. That'll still give me two days to see everything though.
Will let you know.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:42 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
Will let you know.
Same weekend as the event in Kingston. So not doing Bloomington.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:15 PM
TierHog
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Patman
I'm going to my very first big US Corvette event finally! (took me long enough eh?) This was kind of a fluke though, as my wife is a coach for an online fitness website and they are having a convention in Indianapolis at the exact same time as Bloomington Gold. So while she's doing her convention stuff during the day, I'm going to attend the festivities of Bloomington Gold, and I'd like to drive my Corvette on the Indy 500 track one of the days (either Friday or Saturday)

Is anyone else here going? Who has gone previously and could tell me a little bit about it? How many have driven their Corvettes on the track and how did that go?
Hi! This is my first time going, driving from CA. I've been trying to find some kind of Corvette caravan to hook up with but having no luck. I'm probably the only solo Vette coming all the way from CA! l be attending all 3 days. Looking forward to all the driving events. Doesn't seem many folks posting about BG 2018 (that I can find), so it's nice to see your post.
Pleased to meet you!

​​​​​
Old 06-12-2018, 03:17 PM
Patman
Race Director

I forgot I made this thread a long time ago. Turns out we're not going after all. We're in the middle of selling our house and moving into a new one in August so there is a lot going on and not a lot of extra money for this trip.

Get notified of new replies

To Bloomington Gold 2018 in Indy

Quick Reply: Bloomington Gold 2018 in Indy