Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Direct Lift Flip-Up Ramp Mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 09:03 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Direct Lift Flip-Up Ramp Mod

My neighbour Mike has a Direct Lift like mine and like me was tired of hauling the steel ramps back and forth so he designed and built a kit to attach the ramps to the lift so they can just be flipped up and down as needed. Here's a few shots I took of the finished install.

This is the ramp in flipped up position.

This shows the safety bar that holds the ramp safely in place. Bar rotates back up to attach to ramp so the ramp can be flipped down.

The attachment and rotation hardware. It bolts right into the existing large bolts that secure the floor pieces. Brackets include cutouts for the lift linkage rods to go through. Big bolt on the right is a stopper that holds the ramp level if the lift is in the air and the ramp is down. It can be adjusted as required.

Flipped down and ready to use. Small extension plate you see connecting the ramp is part of the kit and rotates in place when ramp is flipped up.

Only work I had to do on this was drill the holes for the mounting hardware and connect everything. Works great and no more hauling ramps! Yay.

Mike has 8 more of these kits he made and will part with them for $150 100 a set, well worth the investment. This includes all brackets, rods, and mounting hardware to complete the install. You need a Direct Lift and the ramps. If you are interested, PM me and I'll put you in touch with him.

Last edited by Highway Hawk; 07-30-2018 at 10:37 AM. Reason: price change
Old 07-30-2018, 10:35 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Mike just texted me to say he will sell these for $100 now. OP updated.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:11 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Excellent deal on a well made item
Old 08-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Highway Dancer
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalZ
My neighbour Mike has a Direct Lift like mine and like me was tired of hauling the steel ramps back and forth so he designed and built a kit to attach the ramps to the lift so they can just be flipped up and down as needed. Here's a few shots I took of the finished install.

This is the ramp in flipped up position.

This shows the safety bar that holds the ramp safely in place. Bar rotates back up to attach to ramp so the ramp can be flipped down.

The attachment and rotation hardware. It bolts right into the existing large bolts that secure the floor pieces. Brackets include cutouts for the lift linkage rods to go through. Big bolt on the right is a stopper that holds the ramp level if the lift is in the air and the ramp is down. It can be adjusted as required.

Flipped down and ready to use. Small extension plate you see connecting the ramp is part of the kit and rotates in place when ramp is flipped up.

Only work I had to do on this was drill the holes for the mounting hardware and connect everything. Works great and no more hauling ramps! Yay.

Mike has 8 more of these kits he made and will part with them for $150 100 a set, well worth the investment. This includes all brackets, rods, and mounting hardware to complete the install. You need a Direct Lift and the ramps. If you are interested, PM me and I'll put you in touch with him.
Could these be used on other lifts? I have a Restomod Stacker.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:49 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Track Monster
Could these be used on other lifts? I have a Restomod Stacker.
I highly doubt it. If you look at the last 2 pics I posted you can see that the brackets are attached to existing bolts in the Direct Lift. Your lift would have to have the same size bolts in the exact same locations for the brackets to fit.

Get notified of new replies

To Direct Lift Flip-Up Ramp Mod

Quick Reply: Direct Lift Flip-Up Ramp Mod