Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Not sure how to start this thread everyone.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 02:26 PM
CanuckC3
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure how to start this thread everyone.

I've been a forum.member under a different and this name for some time, at one point being KanuckZ06 .
I've recently been given the news that I have limited time left, and I need some advice from you people at the Forum.
I have a 1969 Corvette Convertible that is some what in parts , I like to get it put it together and sell it to save my family having to deal with it and everything else !
The current state of the car is as follows.
Installed and running GMPP ZZ454 Big Block Engine, Tremec 5 Speed Road Race Transmission .88 th. Overdrive, Hooker Headers & Side Pipes,Dual Friction Clutch
Completely Rebuilt VBP Front & Rear Suspension, HD Rear Diff Cover, Poly Bushings, Rebiult SS Red Calipers, Bilstein Shocks ect.
All new light lens & assemblies, All New Trim Parts Interiour & Exteriuor.
De Witt Aluminum Radiator with Twin Electric Fans

What needs to be done:
Replace wiring harness-Complete
Install VPB Rack & Pinion Steeering
Install Hydo-Boost Brake Booster & Lines.
I have all the parts except the wiring harness , I bought the wrong manufacture who made everything too short, I will buy " Electric Ltd. " to correct this.
Install Tilt Steering Column
New interiour trim, dash, guages, gaskets ect.
This car has been spared nothing and was going to be a keeper.

Your thoughts on a shop who could do this are welcomed.
In advance I thank you all whom wish me the best of luck, Life takes some unexpected turns people, try to make each day count.
Thanks you to all who repond, I'll keep this thread up to date

Last edited by CanuckC3; 10-02-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:30 PM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CanuckC3
I've been a forum.member under a different and this name for some time, at one point being KanuckZ06 .
I've recently been given the news that I have limited time left, and I need some advice from you people at the Forum.
I have a 1969 Corvette Convertible that is some what in parts , I like to get it put it together and sell it to save my family having to deal with it and everything else !
The current state of the car is as follows.
Installed and running GMPP ZZ454 Big Block Engine, Tremec 5 Speed Road Race Transmission .88 th. Overdrive, Hooker Headers & Side Pipes,Dual Friction Clutch
Completely Rebuilt VBP Front & Rear Suspension, HD Rear Diff Cover, Poly Bushings, Rebiult SS Red Calipers, Bilstein Shocks ect.
All new light lens & assemblies, All New Trim Parts Interiour & Exteriuor.
De Witt Aluminum Radiator with Twin Electric Fans

What needs to be done:
Replace wiring harness-Complete
Install VPB Rack & Pinion Steeering
Install Hydo-Boost Brake Booster & Lines.
I have all the parts except the wiring harness , I bought the wrong manufacture who made everything too short, I will buy " Electric Ltd. " to correct this.
Install Tilt Steering Column
New interiour trim, dash, guages, gaskets ect.
This car has been spared nothing and was going to be a keeper.

Your thoughts on a shop who could do this are welcomed.
In advance I thank you all whom wish me the best of luck, Life takes some unexpected turns people, try to make each day count.
Thanks you to all who repond, I'll keep this thread up to date

Terribly sorry for your situation. Do everything you ever wanted to do if you are still able.

Where is the car?

What parts do you have or need to be sourced?
Old 10-02-2018, 05:39 PM
gdm78vette
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

It's very sad the situation you are in, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

If you intend to sell the car I would take a shot at selling it as-is first, you never know there may be someone out there looking for a project and it sounds like you have most of the parts needed to complete the car. I'm no expert but I doubt you will find a shop that will complete the car in a timely manner for an amount of money that you will ever be able to recover when you try to sell it finished. What I'm saying is that I think you may find you will lose more money trying to finish the car and selling it than just selling it as-is.

Best of luck with what ever you decide to do.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:46 PM
CanuckC3
5th Gear

The car is stored in the Peterborough area. I have all the parts except the wiring harness to replace the first replacement harness I bought from American Eagle wiring harness.
I will purchase an harness from Electric Ltd.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:49 PM
CanuckC3
5th Gear

I would sell the car and parts together as a package only, I don't have the time or energy to part it out.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:21 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Very sorry to read of your situation and have no words. I agree with the person above and also suggest you sell as is or at least assess the two options and go from there. You mention that the plan would be to sell the car as opposed to leaving it as something for your family. If that is the case a cost/benefit makes the most sense to me on deciding how to proceed. My best and sincerest wishes to you.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:40 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm truly sorry to hear about your health situation, I hope you get to enjoy as much time as possible.

As for the 69 vert, is there any chance someone in your family would want to keep the car? If not, the amount of labour required probably won't recoup the increase in price you would get when selling. I would attempt to try and sell as is first. Shops generally charge between $80.00-$120.00 per hour. You can always post in our for sale section to see if there is any interest.

Old 10-03-2018, 01:05 PM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I am interested in driving to Peterborough to see it as is.

My interest would be buying it as is and have a shop complete it. I just called one and they did not think that they could complete it by spring as they are so busy. It might be the case at other shops.

Is that an option for you? If so, my email is ghoward72@gmail.com

Get notified of new replies

To Not sure how to start this thread everyone.

Quick Reply: Not sure how to start this thread everyone.