Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Champion Motorsports Feedback

Old 06-27-2019, 07:07 PM
legalins
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=97 SC Cobra;1599657203]Just that it’s not really a testament to tuning ability to tune a bolt on car. It will run fine without a tune. I’m not knocking this guy at all. I know nothing about him or his shop. I’m sure they’ve done heavily modified cars as well. Just that yours isn’t really a good example. That’s my point. ��[/QUOTE

Have a good day.

Last edited by legalins; 06-29-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:20 PM
41zo6
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 41zo6
Can you share your story? I had my car tuned at AGP, bolt ons with mild eps cam. Car had to go back due to stalling when pressing the clutch in and letting rpms naturally fall and issue hunting for idle then stalling. In fairness, they were good in spending more time on it, car no longer stalls when pressing in the clutch while cruising but does still hunt for idle and will stall when ac is on. It's frustrating, in the end, I'm not certain if this is going rate for a mild cam car and have been living with it/trying to drive around it. They are rather far for me and couldn't keep going back, but I read I shouldn't have these issues with the cam I have and a proper tune thus less than satisfied. I am considering having the car tuned elsewhere, but would want a commitment the tune is quality with no idling issues.
This thread deserves and update. After seeing the replies here, I decided to send my car back to Nick at AGP to revisit the idle issues. My car was at Dave Stevensons getting the clutch done, after a quick call with Nick, he was a massive help and offered to pick my car up to bring it back to his shop and do some logging on the way. A day later I received a call from Nick saying the car is ready to go. I picked up the car today, and I'm so flipping happy to report the car idles like a dream, with and without AC. No BS, no additional charges, Nick's only concern was making it right. I will conclude by saying IMHO these guys are the real deal and seem to understand how to run a business/make it right. Im only bummed with myself I didn't give them the benefit of the doubt and go back sooner. I would have no issues recommending this shop to anyone one of my friends. Much appreciation to walleyejack (I hope you can sort out your differences) and eveyone here for chiming in.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:37 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

lol of course he will do all that for you.. you are doing the free advertising for him,, did he print it out for you what to post up on here also.. this thread is total bs.......like a miracle they come out of the woodwork to post on here after he gets so self called "slammed" lol you folks are too funny, maybe some of you should be writing for Johnny Carson or Ed Sullivan. You all enjoy your rides and long weekend cheers.
The following users liked this post:
dee zed (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 06:44 PM
41zo6
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have no idea who's who on here, nor do I care, I am simply an unbiased person posting my experience. I personally felt it was relevant to the thread to follow up my previous comments with the final outcome (hopefully) which i cannot stress enough being super happy about. The best advertising is word of mouth, which means quality work, and most importantly taking care of your customers when things didn't go as planned, in this respect I feel well taken care. At the end of the day, the distance issue was my issue, if they were 5 mins away I'm now confident my thoughts would have been nothing but positive from the beginning. Regardless, I sincerely appreciate your help and guidance, even if my ending comments opposed your personal views.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:49 AM
79 Bullet
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
I have been going to Champion for the past 10 years.
ALWAYS been fair and great service from Rob and Pete and the team. They know Vettes like no one else and have track results from their own Vettes and MANY customer's cars to back it up.
I have been following this thread and like Corrado have being going to Champions for 14 years. They are a complete shop that does body, mechanical and tuning not a small task and not many like them. They have painted a half dozen cars for me never an issue. As for tuning we do most of our own using HP tuners, we have tuned big stuff, BMWs and we now have a Mega Squirt project that we will be playing with. I can tell you that if I get stuck and can't figure something out there is only ONE PLACE i would go to Champions....They are the only people I trust because I have seen and undderstand what they do and have never given me reason to go anywhere else. They have NEVER dissapointed me in their tuning ablility period. Sometimes a tuner is asked to make somebody's car run "better",however sometimes a mechanical issue prevents that from happening no matter what you try. Then the tuner gets blamed no fault of their own for not being able to correct it. Thats why you try and go to a shop that will do it all and make it right. Getting work done at one shop and then going to another because you didm't have the confidence they could do it right the second time would question the decision to go there in the first place. Personally if I wasn't happy with a situation I would give a shop a chance to make it right. Not complain on a public forum and burn a bridge,but I understand your frustration. If someone thinks paying $700 to tune a lambo is ridiculous good luck finding someone to do it you obviously don't own one. When it comes to tuning a corvette whether a tune is $400 $500 or $700 does the $200 really make a difference if so then maybe they should have gone a differnent direction with their mods. Waiting sucks I agree but somedays **** happens not sure what the situation was that day we all have those days. I can tell you there are many that are 100% satisfied going to Champions I am one of them for 14 years. And just because they are not posting in this thread I can tell you they are around and still a very big part of this community and doing very impressive work. As for the OP did you ever get your car tuned to your liking it looks like its been about a month now?

Last edited by 79 Bullet; 06-29-2019 at 12:50 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 79 Bullet:
corrado (06-29-2019), dlynch (07-01-2019), walleyejack (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 08:25 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
Your car should have no issues like that at all with a mild cam. Apparently it was not tuned properly, twice.
I won t share my issues, because i receive nasty pm s the other day, stating i was "slamming" them on line, well, this is an open forum, and people ask for opinions.. and i stated mine. i had to go elsewhere to get the issue resolved. couldn t keep going back there either.

Still waiting to hear what Nick at AGP did wrong with your car? People enjoy facts. If you dont have any facts.....Please stop your internet non sense. Your Champion posts are starting to get old and nobody cares. It certainly seems like you are attempting to advertise "Champion". Again we don't care......Your one guy with no voice at this point.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:37 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

I appreciate your time to read the post,it was a statement that was put out there give my half a cent worth and that's the way it is if, you like nick, good for you I hope you're happy. Btw, I didn't start this thread.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:57 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

You criticize people for free advertising yet you just started a thread doing exactly that. Sad......

Look up the word 'credibility". It's something that you lost and will never get back.

This has nothing to do whether I like Nick or not. This is about you bashng companies with no facts!

I have been a member here much longer then you and have made many friendships. I have also seen many people like yourself post jargon with zero substance or facts.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:23 PM
ireemun
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wow

I find it really amazing how some shops claim to have the fastest cars, but cant back it up with timeslips.. Not naming anybody in particular, but I am sure they know who they are. Is false advertising bad for business ?
Old 06-30-2019, 01:57 PM
97 SC Cobra
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Pitting one shop against another and the associated ‘bashing’ has been going on since the dawn of automobile racing I would imagine. Remember the LG vs. Cartek wars?
It’s good for everyone, the shops and the customers. Back then you had the absolute fastest NA 346 cars battling to see who was king.
It looks like the shops mentioned here have stepped up and tried to right anything the customers felt wasn’t. Someone who does substandard work is usually isn’t going to be around very long. I have talked to Rob at Champion a couple times on the phone in the past but have never had any work done there. In the end it was easier to just cross the border for me. I will say he was very cordial and spent the time to discuss my needs and direction. I know that doesn’t speak much to his ability but he has been around a long time.
In the end guys, most of us have no dog in this hunt. It is a hobby for us. Good rivalries are healthy for everyone as long as it doesn’t get in the way of friendships and doing what we all enjoy. Have a great weekend gentlemen, good weather is finally here.
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (06-30-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Champion Motorsports Feedback